Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2012, 08:01   #331
BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The worst pump I have come across till date is the BP pump at the LHS end of Velachery Main Road, Guindy. (Opposite the Park Hyatt). Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the staff, repeatedly.
Some time back, when I asked for Rs.100 fill, the attendant just filled Rs.30 and looked at me as if I'll start something. When I didn't, he asked whether I asked for Rs.30. I said yes and paid and left. Never gone to the bunk again. This will save up lot of our energy

Lately I realized, in most cases, it is the attendants who are cheating and rarely the bunk / manager colludes. If these attendants are fired, they will get job at another location at another bunk (thanks to labour crunch). So in most cases, it is not good or bad bunk. I have seen cheating in COCO bunks too. So we have to be careful in whatever bunk we fill up.
Old 24th December 2012, 09:13   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
...There are a number of CNG-powered taxis and privately owned vehicles plying on the city roads.
Are you sure about this, KINI? I thought we had not started on CNG yet in Chennai, due to supply logistics issues?
Old 24th December 2012, 09:16   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Are you sure about this, KINI? I thought we had not started on CNG yet in Chennai, due to supply logistics issues?
I have travelled in a couple of CNG-powered taxis and come across a few private owned vehicles in and around Mogappair.Now they must refill somewhere right??
That's what I meant!!
KINI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 22:04   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
I stick to HP most of the time since there is one on my way to work on Usman road opposite Viveks. Thats another company owned place and to dat very decent.
This HP bunk is situated on North Usman road. It comes up to the left just before the Joyallukas building, on the way to Panagal Park.
I'd suggest everyone to stay away from this pump. They've tried to cheat me and a few friends a few times by not resetting the meter ( even succeeded once )

A better place would be Sunder service station, which is at the foot of the Kodambakkam Bridge ( T Nagar Side )
Old 2nd January 2013, 22:43   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
I guess the one near Koyambedu private (omni) bus terminus has it. Not sure though. This is the nearest bunk I can think of near AnnaNagar / Mogappair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Yes, I don't think CNG is available in Chennai. The one near Koyambedu has only AutoGas- the LPG brand of Indian Oil.

Last edited by Daewood : 2nd January 2013 at 22:45.
Daewood is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 23:08   #336
BHPian

Any reliable petrol pump suggestions on OMR? I usually go to Indian Oil. Been thinking about switching to Shell Diesel as my Car manual mentions to use NORMAL diesel and I have been using the Diesel Kerosene mixture from these public sector pumps.
Old 5th January 2013, 07:11   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
I have travelled in a couple of CNG-powered taxis and come across a few private owned vehicles in and around Mogappair.Now they must refill somewhere right??
That's what I meant!!
There is no CNG facility for vehicles in Chennai sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Any reliable petrol pump suggestions on OMR? I usually go to Indian Oil. Been thinking about switching to Shell Diesel as my Car manual mentions to use NORMAL diesel and I have been using the Diesel Kerosene mixture from these public sector pumps.
Switch to BP bunks, you'd be surprised. Shell aint worth the xtra bucks one shells out
headers is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 15:41   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Switch to BP bunks, you'd be surprised. Shell aint worth the xtra bucks one shells out
Never fuelled at Shell, so no idea whether they are worth the huge extra shelled out. But agree fully with headers about the BP bunks being good. After filling fuel by chance a year or more ago from the BP pump adjacent to the erstwhile Woodlands drive-in hotel on Cathedral road, I have never gone back to other bunks.

They not only have the latest dispensers with integrated card-payment facility and receipt printing, but I have been mighty impressed by the correct quantity they dole out, which is reflected in the increased FE of my car compared to what I used to get from the HPCL pumps which I frequented earlier (due to my ICICI-HP co-branded card). Compared to the 12kmpl I was getting from HP, I now get anything between 13-14kmpl from BP for the same kind of driving. For us petrol-car drivers, every extra km counts
supremeBaleno is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 14:22   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Never fuelled at Shell, so no idea whether they are worth the huge extra shelled out. But agree fully with headers about the BP bunks being good. After filling fuel by chance a year or more ago from the BP pump adjacent to the erstwhile Woodlands drive-in hotel on Cathedral road, I have never gone back to other bunks.
Try the other bunk at RK Salai next to Dominos Pizza. They are good too, M/s Murugan Energy Ltd., They always have fuel even when IOC bunks run out of fuel.

BTW, Shell Diesel , the less spoken, the better it is.
Old 25th January 2013, 08:16   #340
J.Ravi

Just now, my Linea had tankful of petrol at my favourite IOCL dealer, Woodlands Enterprises, Dr Radhakrishnan Salai costing Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 2571
Size:  578 Bytes 70.26/litre; paid by my debit card.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th January 2013 at 08:18.

Old 25th January 2013, 09:36   #341
Senior - BHPian

^^^Are they good ? If so, in which factor - quantity / quality / service ?

BTW, not sure of the benefits of using debit-card for purchases (reward points?), but with credit cards you can get some cash back. Eg with an SCB card, a fuel-up worth 2K will cost you only 1950 - neat saving of Rs50.
Old 25th January 2013, 09:49   #342
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Are they good ? If so, in which factor - quantity / quality / service ?
Woodlands Enterprises is very good in all. It's crowded during the day; hence, I prefer to go there before 8 am and get the fill.
Quote:
BTW, not sure of the benefits of using debit-card for purchases (reward points?)
I use my Axis Bank Priority International Debit Card in which the additional surcharge is not charged to me. Secondly, in case of tankful with auto-shut off, I don't have to bother about exact change or rounding-off. These are the benefits.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th January 2013 at 09:50.

Old 25th January 2013, 13:30   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
BTW, Shell Diesel , the less spoken, the better it is.
Sir, are you particularly talking about Shell Diesel or Shell in general? Because, my experience so far with Shell (petrol) has been the best ever! I use the bunk near Olympia towers or the one on the GST road towards Tambaram/pallavaram (kamakshi hospital), whereas my experience with BP has always been between worse to being worst. (many bunks in the city). Moreover, my bike always chokes when I use BP and feels clean and breathes easy with shell.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 14:45   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
The Parveen Travels pump in OMR (past Sholingnallur) is good. I've not used the diesel here but I frequently fill petrol from this pump. It's the one just before Sathyambama (opposite side)
SafeDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 15:47   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Sir, are you particularly talking about Shell Diesel or Shell in general? Because, my experience so far with Shell (petrol) has been the best ever! I use the bunk near Olympia towers or the one on the GST road towards Tambaram/pallavaram (kamakshi hospital), whereas my experience with BP has always been between worse to being worst. (many bunks in the city). Moreover, my bike always chokes when I use BP and feels clean and breathes easy with shell.
I would agree with you. Shell petrol is pretty good but Shell diesel is not worth the additional cost. Per my experience BP Diesel is the best at least for the FIAT engine after having tried HP, IOC, Shell and Reliance multiple time from their respective best bunks.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed