Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2017, 15:47   #436
BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Any reviews for the BP petrol bunk on cathedral road near the Semmozhi Poonga? Is it a 24 hours bunk/COCO outlet?
I usually use this outlet & they provide Good quality fuel. Also they are open 24*7.
Old 25th June 2017, 11:14   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post
[url="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/maverick79.html"]
I usually stick to Balasai Narayana Agency on Agaram road which leads to Bharat University. A couple of years back, even this bunk was in soup and had been sealed for couple of weeks. After this lesson their service has improved significantly.

I also occasionally fill from Shell in Chrompet or Rajakilpakkam.
A word of caution for all users of Bala sai Narayana pump.

They have started conning people again.

Of late, they have only been dispensing speed petrol by default unless the customer asks for normal petrol. If people notice this after filling the fuel, the attendants simply say that this particular pump/dispenser does not dispense normal petrol and attendants add that if the customer had mentioned this earlier, they would have directed the customer to the other pump/dispenser. Thereby blaming the customer. Hence I ensure that I tell the attendant to fill normal petrol before opening the fuel lid.

But today, despite repeated request, the attendant still went ahead and filled speed. When I confronted her, she tells me that it was normal fuel. I told her that then I would be paying only Rs. 66.xx a litre rather than the mentioned Rs. 69.xx. Then she added that the normal fuel that she dispensed was of a superior density and hence I had to pay Rs. 69.xx. I paid that by card and asked for complaint book.

Only after asking for complaint book she accepted her mistake and the supervisor was involved and he too refused to give me the complaint book. In the end they paid me the difference and apologized for the mistake.

I strongly believe that this was not a mistake but a well organized fraud. There is no way that the lady knew the term density nor its meaning. I am pretty sure that the owners/managers are involved in this.

The sad part is that during all this commotion, I could see customers being conned. Most of them had no clue that they were losing their hard earned money.

Last edited by katchkamalesh : 25th June 2017 at 11:17.
Old 28th June 2017, 11:23   #438
BHPian

I have noticed that filling up at any Shell or Essar pump nets me a higher average with everything else - driving style , traffic and speed being similar.

While a few, mind you very few govt. OMC pumps are good , identifying them is quite tough in a new place .

Haven't tried Reliance yet , but expect them to be similar to Essar and Shell.

In Chennai apart from Shell , the Indian Oil Pump in Ramapauram opposite to DLF is excellent, with the FE average usually on par with Shell. Avoid the BP one in Mugaliwakkam and the HP in Ramapauram.

They will fill up fuel in cans from any of their pumps which I believe is a sign of honesty. Most pumps will shoo you away to one particular pump for that.

It's high time the govt . OMC crackdown on corruption both among their staff and their franchises . Most of the govt. OMC franchises are owned by shady business groups, politicians and similar ilk.

They need to make their allotment process simpler and transparent and make it easier for honest business people to take up franchises. Otherwise I am afraid they are going the Air India way or the way of the dinosaur.
Old 7th July 2017, 01:46   #439
BHPian

My dad has always filled up only from ASM Abdul Cader & Co. on GST road for the past 2 decades, hence I have also been using them for the past 5 years. This is BP bunk between Radisson Blu and Trident.

The quality of fuel is very good, my dad used to fill only speed for our Accent from here. I fill saada Diesel for our innova. The staff are very courteous and start dispensing the fuel only after you look at the meter and don't distract or shortchange you. They even offer free air top-up if you do a full tank fillup.

This bunk is also huge and has a lot of shops also. Funny thing is in all these years neither of us have gone to this bunk past 11PM or before 5AM, but I guess it is a 24 hour bunk. This bunk is very famous among the cabbies and regular commuters on GST road and hence is always full.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 12:15   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
This bunk is also huge and has a lot of shops also. Funny thing is in all these years neither of us have gone to this bunk past 11PM or before 5AM, but I guess it is a 24 hour bunk.
Haven't personally filled, however seen it open and cabbies filling going to/coming from the airport around 12-2am ish.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 00:13   #441
BHPian

Can someone please recommend trusted stations if you know any on the below roads?

1) GST between Vandalur - Mahindra City
2) Vandalur-Kelambakkam road
3) OMR between Siruseri - Kelambakkam

These are roads I frequent and would love to hear recommendations.

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th August 2017, 11:56   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Can someone please recommend trusted stations if you know any on the below roads?

Thanks in advance!
The quality and service of the BP COCO station at Maraimalainagar was very good, while I used to work out of Maraimalainagar. However, this was about 9 years ago. Maybe someone who have been using that place after that may be able to confirm or comment.
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 21:44   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
The quality and service of the BP COCO station at Maraimalainagar was very good, while I used to work out of Maraimalainagar. However, this was about 9 years ago. Maybe someone who have been using that place after that may be able to confirm or comment.
I have seen cars/bikes queue up in this location so I guess it is still good. Thanks for your suggestion!
Old 5th August 2017, 01:44   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
there is a shell on the siruseri kelambakkam stretch
vandalur kelambakkam, the pumps dont inspire much confidence by their looks - i prefer the BP pump near kolapakkam (though i dont fill up regularly there)
I usually fill up from the pump at karapakkam near the bridge/sea shell restaurant, or the shell i mentioned above
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 09:55   #445
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
There is a IOC on the left after you cross the Mambakkam junction when you go towards Vandalur from Kelambakkam.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...6!4d80.1629046

I have filled here few times and have not had any issues

You have a BP in Kazhipattur between Siruseri and Kelambakkam. I regularly fill here and this bunk is quite good.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...4!4d80.2290478

There is also a new BP fuel station on the left when you come from Siruseri towards Kazhipattur. This fuel station was opened quite recently. I have not filled here but hoping it's good as it is a new fuel station.

I remember seeing Essar or Reliance between Vandalur and MCity. That should be good??

@greenhorn - The Shell is at Semencheri and is not between Siruseri and Kelambakkam. The Shell bunk is quite good as well and I regularly fill here.

Last edited by searacer932 : 5th August 2017 at 10:01.
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 11:38   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I fill regularly in the IO bunk opposite Sathyabama college, have had no complaints till now. It is much before Siruseri though
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 19:31   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are my recommendations of bunks in the Saligramam and Ashok Nagar areas of Chennai:

1.HP Selvan Service Station right at the Saligramam signal on Arcot Road.

2.BP Maruthi Agencies on 100ft road between Hot Chips and Lakshman Sruthi signals

3.BP Uma Service Station opp Meenakshi College, Arcot Road, Kodambakkam.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 14:32   #448
BHPian

My recommendations are:

1. Indian Oil Petrol Pump, Vanuvampet - https://goo.gl/maps/c2QNqLKZRbR2

2. BPCL Petrol Pump Near Radisson Blu - https://goo.gl/maps/HdbmSC7nh912

3. BPCL Petrol Pump Near SPIC - https://goo.gl/maps/nHYPC2xjZVr

4. Shell Petrol Pump, Chromepet - https://goo.gl/maps/SWSpAcUFqtN2

These are the locations where I fill fuel and also my preference in that order.
Old 17th September 2017, 21:06   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
My dad has always filled up only from ASM Abdul Cader & Co. on GST road for the past 2 decades, hence I have also been using them for the past 5 years. This is BP bunk between Radisson Blu and Trident.

The quality of fuel is very good, my dad used to fill only speed for our Accent from here. I fill saada Diesel for our innova. The staff are very courteous and start dispensing the fuel only after you look at the meter and don't distract or shortchange you. They even offer free air top-up if you do a full tank fillup.

This bunk is also huge and has a lot of shops also. Funny thing is in all these years neither of us have gone to this bunk past 11PM or before 5AM, but I guess it is a 24 hour bunk. This bunk is very famous among the cabbies and regular commuters on GST road and hence is always full.
Very true -ASM Abdul cader in meenambakkam is very reliable. I am a regular customer there.
Old 17th September 2017, 21:11   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I can suggest 3, but they are all slightly off your prime route:

1. Ekayars BP on Venkatanarayana Road: Been their customer for 3 decades now. This is the only place I fill whenever I am in town. You have go on side of Cenotaph Road flyover-Chamiers Road-U turn at Buhari signal on Mount Road-Left at Venkatanaryana Road-U turn at VN Road-Burkit Road signal to get here. After take immediate left on Hindi Prachar Sabha Street-South Boag Road-North Boag Road-Right at GN Chetty Road-Gemini and follow your earlier directions.
2. HPCL on Mount Road near GR Complex: Not a regular here. Just done about 2-3 fills totally. Has been decent. If you are looking specifically for HPCL this is worth a try.
3. TVS BP on Whites Road: This I remember didn't have card payments when I last refilled. Used to be one of the trusted bunks of my dad's.

The 'nearest' Shell is at Ekkaduthangal
BP bunk - Ekayars BP on Venkatanarayana Road is top notch in terms of fuel quality, Quantity and service. Used to fill up there regularly when i lived in West Mambalam - trusted by most of chennaites closer to that area.

Last edited by anandharamanp : 17th September 2017 at 21:17. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks