Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2017, 15:11   #451
BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Started to fill from Reliance petrol pump in SP Koil and getting a very good mileage. Pick up as well has increased.
Old 29th September 2017, 22:01   #452
ike
BHPian

I have been filling up regularly for the past 6 months at Shell bunk near the Porur fly over (on the left when you travel towards Porur from Ramapuram). The only irritant is their marketing for Shell V power.
Old 30th September 2017, 05:30   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
I have been filling up regularly for the past 6 months at Shell bunk near the Porur fly over (on the left when you travel towards Porur from Ramapuram). The only irritant is their marketing for Shell V power.
V Power is decent as petrol (and diesel) go / I always fill up with v power diesel on my at least monthly chennai to bangalore runs and then tank up again when I return to chennai.

Cruising at 100-120 my fiesta will do chennai to bangalore on a single tankful of diesel at 20-21 kmpl.
Old 30th September 2017, 06:09   #454
ike
BHPian

Mine is a brand new engine that has run only 7k (4 months old). I don't really need any cleaning up the injectors right now, which is what I think v power does. And at 6 rs premium, it is too expensive
Old 30th September 2017, 06:49   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is a brand new engine that has run only 7k (4 months old). I don't really need any cleaning up the injectors right now, which is what I think v power does. And at 6 rs premium, it is too expensive
Wiki says that this is a semi synthetic diesel rather than a straight mineral (directly refined from petroleum) diesel, and similar concept for petrol. Not just a matter of additives.

I’m not a petroleum engineer though - my anecdotal experience is all, that my 4 year old cars (both with around 25-27k km run) work just that much smoother with v power than the regular, and the regular one itself is streets ahead of Indian Oil.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_V-Power
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 22:44   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Started to fill from Reliance petrol pump in SP Koil and getting a very good mileage. Pick up as well has increased.
A new Essar pump has come up just before the Reliance petrol pump in SP Kovil. I have always got better mileage with Essar.

Usually fill up at Essar or Shell these days.

Petrol Pump Update : A new BP pump has come up inside Manapakkam on River View Road just before the Adyar river bridge.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 08:58   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
A new Essar pump has come up just before the Reliance petrol pump in SP Kovil. I have always got better mileage with Essar.

Usually fill up at Essar or Shell these days.
I have seen it there and in most remote places too but never tried filling up. Next time will sure try and check if it is really better than Reliance.
Old 25th November 2017, 22:24   #458
ike
BHPian

The Shell fuel station in Ramapuram is now offering car wash as well. It is 230/- for just an external wash for hatchbacks and 280/- for sedans. There is one more option for 380/430 where they vacuum the interiors as well and do a "polish"(did not understand whether this is waxing or something else). I wanted to try this today but backed out after I saw them wash a car and a bike that was in queue before me. I went to car cares new facility in St. Thomas mount and got a wash and wax done.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 22:12   #459
ike
BHPian

A Saravana stores has opened up right opposite the Shell bunk. With this, traffic has become very nasty. You have to crawl for a while approaching the bunk, enter the bunk fill up again and then crawl again till you pass the said saravana stores. If you want to take a U turn, you have to go all the way to the Porur fly over and go underneath the bridge and then participate in the crawl fest till you pass Saravana stores again.
Old 10th December 2017, 22:46   #460
BHPian

A new BP station has been opened on OMR near SIPCOT IT Park, Siruseri towards the Kelambakkam side. It's operated by some association and not by regular private agencies or BP itself. Quality has been good from my limited use so far.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 10th December 2017 at 22:48.
Old 24th December 2017, 14:03   #461
ike
BHPian

If you buy stuff worth INR100 or more from the convenience store located inside shell fuel stations, you get 50 paise/litre discount for ordinary fuels (petrol & diesel) and 2 Rs/Litre for v power fuels.
Old 25th December 2017, 19:04   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you buy stuff worth INR100 or more from the convenience store located inside shell fuel stations, you get 50 paise/litre discount for ordinary fuels (petrol & diesel) and 2 Rs/Litre for v power fuels.
Let’s do the math shall we? For a typical fill of 33.64 litres of v power diesel, if I spend a hundred bucks buying overpriced and not too good coffee / snacks they upsell, I get a discount of around 68. Net profit to Shell 34 rupees, net result for me, a churning stomach from their coffee as a start to a long drive
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2017, 19:10   #463
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Net profit to Shell 34 rupees, net result for me, a churning stomach from their coffee as a start to a long drive
I was just posting the info I had received & I think this is only in Chennai, not sure about other cities.
Old 19th June 2018, 16:42   #464
BHPian

Been filling at the Shell petrol station in Semmanchery, kind of opposite to the Times of India building, OMR. Been using regular as well as V-Power in my TVS Wego and VW Polo GT TSI for the last 3 years. They are good.
Old 20th June 2018, 12:17   #465
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

How is the small essar bunk just after the guindy cloverleaf exit towards st.thomas mount/poonamallee ? Is it some old derelict bunk newly rebranded as essar or is it fresh construction ? Qty/qlty ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks