Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2018, 18:49   #481
BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
New Shell station opened in Kelambakkam on Kelambakkam - Vandalur road. It's on the left just after taking right from OMR at the Kelambakkam junction. This is good news for me as there is a dearth of good pumps in this stretch. Hopefully they don't piss me off like other Shell stations by trying to sell only V-Power with silly reasons.
As mentioned in my earlier post, I tried to fill my car 2 times here and both times I was said Regular petrol is not available - apparently first time the fuel is being loaded and second time there was a sensor issue and I was said both times it would take 10 mins. I left without filling both times. This is the norm in 4 different Shell stations I have tried, they steadfastly refuse to fill Regular petrol.

Sigh, I should blame myself for hoping things would be different in this station. I doubt Shell corporate cares as I believe these are all corporate operated. Why not Shell stop the charade and sell only V-Power to stop inconvenicing and borderline misleading their current and potential customers?

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 4th August 2018 at 18:54.
Old 29th August 2018, 18:38   #482
BHPian

Re: Unethical V power push by Shell at Ekkatuthangal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I remember you asked about pumps that were open at midnight few months/year back. I confirm Ekayars BP on Venkatanarayana Road is indeed open past midnight.
Amazed that you remember my query considering that it has been more than a year! My work project has changed and I no longer have the need for a 24 hours petrol pump, and with Shell screwing up yet again, I decided not to spend an additional 5 bucks a liter for their crap service, and I have been filling up at BP Elite Petrol pump, on Cathedral Road. This is bang on my route back home, and Ekayars is a bit further away. And wonder of wonders, I have started getting better Fuel Efficiency here than at Shell. Also, even though irrelevant now, this bunk is also 24 hours and seems popular with Minis(They have premium petrol)!
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 12:14   #483
BHPian

Did anybody notice the difference in engine smoothness from Shell diesel if filled at Shell Pallikaranai and Shell Rajakilpakkam? I am consistently finding that my engine is much smoother with Diesel from the Rajakilpakkam bunk than from the one in Pallikaranai. Earlier, IIRC both were owned by the same entity but no longer the case.
Old 20th September 2018, 19:37   #484
BHPian

HP bunks have started accepting Paytm as a mode of payment and are also offering a 2% cashback. I have paid via Paytm recently in the HP bunk near Kamatchi hospital (Metro Petroleum) and HP bunk in Kattankulathur and have also received the cashback as well.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 11:23   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
HP bunks have started accepting Paytm as a mode of payment and are also offering a 2% cashback. I have paid via Paytm recently in the HP bunk near Kamatchi hospital (Metro Petroleum) and HP bunk in Kattankulathur and have also received the cashback as well.

I have been abusing this for the past one month. Every ₹3000 filled, ₹60 cash back. And you get reward points on your Credit card too.
deepakchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 14:57   #486
BHPian

I'm not sure what the fuss is all about. I always fill at Ekkatuthangal Shell. I straightaway ask for "Normal diesel. Fill up tank." Never once had I faced a push for V-power whatsoever.
Old 25th September 2018, 17:38   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
I'm not sure what the fuss is all about. I always fill at Ekkatuthangal Shell. I straightaway ask for "Normal diesel. Fill up tank." Never once had I faced a push for V-power whatsoever.
This push for Vpower is mostly for Petrol I suppose
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 22:23   #488
BHPian

Any BP petrol bunk that you will recommend in pondhicherry, specifically on the pondhicherry to tindivanun route, pls let me know. Thanks.
anandharamanp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 23:16   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp View Post
Any BP petrol bunk that you will recommend in pondhicherry, specifically on the pondhicherry to tindivanun route, pls let me know. Thanks.
The Ashram BP Petrol bunk, run by Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry, with eyes closed. It is located near the Ashram.
Old 2nd October 2018, 05:59   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandharamanp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
The Ashram BP Petrol bunk, run by Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry, with eyes closed. It is located near the Ashram.
Quality is good there. But please careful with the attendants. They cheated me once when I filled up the tank for my dad's brand new Discover just after taking delivery. He easily cheated me Rs 200 by not zeroing it. I didn't want to go on a fight just because I don't want to ruin the happy moment. But told him politely that I am gifting this Rs 200 to you for this happy occasion of buying a new bike for my dad on my savings. His face went pale and sheepishly told something. But I just left the place without uttering a word.

I am telling this because they tried to cheat many of my friends as well.
hema4saran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 06:56   #491
Senior - BHPian

I never fill at the Ashram pump, there's just too much fraud, mostly capitalizing on the unlimited trust we have for the ashram itself.

This indian oil bunk isn't bad

Indian Oil Petrol Pump
NH 32, Ozhupakkam, Tamil Nadu 603306
https://goo.gl/maps/fri4RAPA6kC2

If you can hold on, this one at Melmaruvathur is quite popular.

BPCL Petrol Pump Sakthi Madhumalar Agencies
Thiruchi-Chennai Highway, Melmaruvathur, Tamil Nadu 603319
044 2752 9564
https://goo.gl/maps/embLv2CHyh52
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 08:11   #492
BHPian

I prefer to fill up at the Indian Oil bunk operated by the Puducherry Co-operative Society near latha steel, near airport road whenever I am in Puducherry.

I have never faced any issue here.

Address: E.C.R Main Road, Kottupalayam, Puducherry, 605008.

https://goo.gl/maps/zs79iHzUshu
Old 2nd October 2018, 08:57   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I never fill at the Ashram pump, there's just too much fraud, mostly capitalizing on the unlimited trust we have for the ashram itself.
True. I accept that there are too much fraud at Ashram pumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
This indian oil bunk isn't bad

Indian Oil Petrol Pump
NH 32, Ozhupakkam, Tamil Nadu 603306
https://goo.gl/maps/fri4RAPA6kC2

If you can hold on, this one at Melmaruvathur is quite popular.

BPCL Petrol Pump Sakthi Madhumalar Agencies
Thiruchi-Chennai Highway, Melmaruvathur, Tamil Nadu 603319
044 2752 9564
https://goo.gl/maps/embLv2CHyh52

I guess he wants to fill in Pondicherry to make use of the lower fuel price in the UT region. Since I was born and brought up there I know people will use this every-time they visit the town.
Old 2nd October 2018, 17:39   #494
Senior - BHPian

Is that so? I never came across any fraud during the few occassions I filled there. I always get out of the car and never allow filling till zero is registered, at any pump. I filled Speed 93, and found the quantity and quality to be no different from V Power that I fill at my regular Shell pump.
Old 2nd October 2018, 22:32   #495
BHPian

Thanka all for your suggestions, i had witnessed such deceptive acts by pump attendants in pondy specifically targetted at outstation vehicles as they neither do not come back to pick a quarrel nor have any local influence. In fact once they took my petrol tank cover, on my subsequebt travel next week, i reached to them to see if they missed it unknowingly but was shocked to see that they had a colection of fuel tank covers and bargained a price for 350 rs with me which i declined- when i picked a heated conversation on how they had collected so many covers , they said that many car owners rush in a hurry even before they close the cover:(
Finally i returned to chennai and ordered the santro petrol tank cover for 850 rs. Now that i understand Vw injectors are sensitive for fuel quality, i wanted to check with all here on preferred pumps. Thanks again for all your inputs.

Most Viewed