Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Old 25th August 2021, 01:21   #541
BHPian

Default Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
... I am a regular at the BP pump near Trident Hotel (Abdul cader &Co) and I find them to be very good.
I have skipped this bunk in the past as it seemed too crowded, and I almost never fill from Bharat Petroleum bunks (no real reason!) I will remember to try Speed (93) from this particular BPCL bunk next time around. Thanks for the feedback!

As for my experience with other Petrol Pumps in Madras, here are some off the top of my head:

Hindustan Petroleum: I almost always fill at Krishnaraj & Co, Alandur and have found the fuel quality and attendants to be good. I have been using HP Power for a couple of years now (mostly from this bunk) and found the engine response to be much better at lower RPMs, including smoother idling, Because of this, the Alto K10 engine doesn't lug that much in lower RPMs and I am able to upshift earlier. I get better FE, definitely! I have experienced similar results with HP Power (filled at the Nandanam bunk) in my sparingly used Alto F8 as well. I've had good experiences with Shoba Agencies, Pallavaram and I fill here when we are travelling further down the GST Road/ORR. Bonus - There's a Bengali gentleman there at Shoba Agencies, a filling staff, with whom we once had a long and healthy conversation after a tank full!

Indian Oil: I occasionally fill from Shanthi Service Station, Meenambakkam but only if I am passing through that adjacent road. Recently filled Xtra Premium (XP95) petrol twice from here but it will take a couple more tank fulls to notice any difference as I had filled normal IOC petrol in between, in Pondicherry. This bunk is the last in my preference while filling fuel. I appreciate that they do the PUC test here at the Govt fixed rate (₹60 - I did few days back). I've filled multiple times at Woodlands Enterprises on Cathedral Road (Dr. Radhrakrishnan Salai) when the workplace was nearby, and that's a very good bunk!

Shell: I used to fill from Shell Keelkattalai. Tried V-Power petrol and found it to be good but it was too expensive at ₹8-9 extra a litre. I switched to Shell normal and that was good too but still slightly expensive and to get here I had to deviate quite a bit from my normal commute. With Shell it is simply the whole experience of filling fuel, availing other services, or even shopping in the store there. Highly organised and professional. I experienced similar professionalism at an PSU bunk only when I filled at HPCL Auto Care on Old Airport Road in Bangalore (just for comparison) last year.

Essar: Their normal petrol is very good. I haven't seen them sell any premium fuels. Used to fill regularly while driving to or from work (pre-lockdown) from the Essar Adambakkam bunk in Balaji Nagar, the left turn just before Puzhuthivakkam MRTS Station while proceeding towards Velachery. I've heard from fellow BHPians that the other Essar bunk up the same Inner Ring Road at Hopman Street Alandur is also good. Have filled at Essar elsewhere (Bangalore and Madras) too and the experience has been consistent.

Last edited by satanic_dude : 25th August 2021 at 01:23.

Most Viewed