Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2021, 01:21   #541
BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
... I am a regular at the BP pump near Trident Hotel (Abdul cader &Co) and I find them to be very good.
I have skipped this bunk in the past as it seemed too crowded, and I almost never fill from Bharat Petroleum bunks (no real reason!) I will remember to try Speed (93) from this particular BPCL bunk next time around. Thanks for the feedback!

As for my experience with other Petrol Pumps in Madras, here are some off the top of my head:

Hindustan Petroleum: I almost always fill at Krishnaraj & Co, Alandur and have found the fuel quality and attendants to be good. I have been using HP Power for a couple of years now (mostly from this bunk) and found the engine response to be much better at lower RPMs, including smoother idling, Because of this, the Alto K10 engine doesn't lug that much in lower RPMs and I am able to upshift earlier. I get better FE, definitely! I have experienced similar results with HP Power (filled at the Nandanam bunk) in my sparingly used Alto F8 as well. I've had good experiences with Shoba Agencies, Pallavaram and I fill here when we are travelling further down the GST Road/ORR. Bonus - There's a Bengali gentleman there at Shoba Agencies, a filling staff, with whom we once had a long and healthy conversation after a tank full!

Indian Oil: I occasionally fill from Shanthi Service Station, Meenambakkam but only if I am passing through that adjacent road. Recently filled Xtra Premium (XP95) petrol twice from here but it will take a couple more tank fulls to notice any difference as I had filled normal IOC petrol in between, in Pondicherry. This bunk is the last in my preference while filling fuel. I appreciate that they do the PUC test here at the Govt fixed rate (₹60 - I did few days back). I've filled multiple times at Woodlands Enterprises on Cathedral Road (Dr. Radhrakrishnan Salai) when the workplace was nearby, and that's a very good bunk!

Shell: I used to fill from Shell Keelkattalai. Tried V-Power petrol and found it to be good but it was too expensive at ₹8-9 extra a litre. I switched to Shell normal and that was good too but still slightly expensive and to get here I had to deviate quite a bit from my normal commute. With Shell it is simply the whole experience of filling fuel, availing other services, or even shopping in the store there. Highly organised and professional. I experienced similar professionalism at an PSU bunk only when I filled at HPCL Auto Care on Old Airport Road in Bangalore (just for comparison) last year.

Essar: Their normal petrol is very good. I haven't seen them sell any premium fuels. Used to fill regularly while driving to or from work (pre-lockdown) from the Essar Adambakkam bunk in Balaji Nagar, the left turn just before Puzhuthivakkam MRTS Station while proceeding towards Velachery. I've heard from fellow BHPians that the other Essar bunk up the same Inner Ring Road at Hopman Street Alandur is also good. Have filled at Essar elsewhere (Bangalore and Madras) too and the experience has been consistent.

Last edited by satanic_dude : 25th August 2021 at 01:23.
satanic_dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 19:37   #542
BHPian

There's a new Shell bunk coming up in Guduvancheri right opposite Zoho Estancia. It's on the right side when you drive towards Chengalpet from Tambaram. From the looks of it, they might open early 2022.

Shell never had a station on the GST Road beyond Chrompet and the ones at Padappai and Kelambakkam. This would add to the plethora of good bunks including Reliance SPKoil, IOC COCO SPKoil, BP COCO Maraimalai Nagar to name a few - so spoilt for choices in the 10km radius!

Here's the approximate location on Google Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/RF1LHgTXM96VE78E8

Thanks.
ramprakashr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 04:54   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
There's a new Shell bunk coming up in Guduvancheri right opposite Zoho Estancia. It's on the right side when you drive towards Chengalpet from Tambaram. From the looks of it, they might open early 2022.

Thanks.
Thanks! This is big news. They absolutely could have banked money if it was on the southbound direction but something is better than nothing.

I don't have to now go all the way to Padappai (and their erratic operational times)to fill up now.
Old 18th April 2022, 09:21   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprakashr View Post
There's a new Shell bunk coming up in Guduvancheri right opposite Zoho Estancia.
This has still not opened, even though work has been completed quite some months. I expect this is because of the ongoing road expansion in the area.
---
Happened to move to Potheri last month. By far the BPCL COCO MM Nagar is my preferred pump. I am getting tired of this premium fuel hard selling nonsense with Shell. Would rather not go and deal with this. By far the Radial Road Shell has been the one that hasn't done this hard sell.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 11:43   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
This has still not opened, even though work has been completed quite some months. I expect this is because of the ongoing road expansion in the area.
---
Happened to move to Potheri last month. By far the BPCL COCO MM Nagar is my preferred pump. I am getting tired of this premium fuel hard selling nonsense with Shell. Would rather not go and deal with this. By far the Radial Road Shell has been the one that hasn't done this hard sell.
A month back when I was filling up in Shell, I happen to see another pump attendant checking the fuel in a measuring bottle, and the fuel appeared so pure and clean to the naked eye.

With diesel costing only 1 rupee extra in Shell, I think Shell can be definitely worth it.
Old 18th April 2022, 11:56   #546
Senior - BHPian

^^ What is the price in Shell pumps now? I stopped going there (Shell Chromepet) a couple of years ago and switched to a good BPCL pump near Trident. I think right now Shell normal petrol costs as much as BP Speed, and Shell V Power costs as much as or even more than Speed 97.

More than the price, what worries me is the low off take from Shell pumps, resulting in aged fuel in our car. I am a person who tops up the tank once a month.
Old 18th April 2022, 12:25   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
With diesel costing only 1 rupee extra in Shell, I think Shell can be definitely worth it.
As I said above, can't deal with their hard selling. Besides I see no difference in smoothness or FE vs COCO outlet I fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
More than the price, what worries me is the low off take from Shell pumps, resulting in aged fuel in our car.
Chromepet and Ekkaduthangal Shell are busy pumps. I doubt old fuel would be a problem in these 2 pumps at least.

I don't know current prices. When diesel was 92 in BPCL COCO, Shell normal diesel was 93.5 and premium diesel was 101.8.
Old 18th April 2022, 16:04   #548
BHPian

Not sure this is an apt thread but is there any recommendation for any COCO Petrol pump or good petrol pump beyond Chengalpat on the GST road? I generally keep my tank full before any outstation trip but suddenly planned a trip to Pondy yesterday with only quarter tank of Petrol remaining. I joined Trichy highway at Chengalpat and few bunks I stopped had only diesel in the morning and have to fill some Petrol at one HP bunk to keep moving (I am more nervous due to the new Skoda Kushaq). I tanked up at Pondy later which is a good Rs.5/- cheaper than Chennai.
Old 18th April 2022, 18:00   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
COCO Petrol pump or good petrol pump beyond Chengalpat on the GST road?
There is an IOC COCO after the Palar bridge. Not a fan of IOC, so never tried it.
Old 18th April 2022, 18:49   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
As I said above, can't deal with their hard selling. Besides I see no difference in smoothness or FE vs COCO outlet I fill.
Even I don't like their hard selling and reduced the frequency of visiting their pumps significantly. But what I saw was quite striking, and if I can get the best fuel for my car I'm Ok with telling a stern No to the attendant when they hard-sell Power diesel. Will be sticking to Shell diesel if it is in vicinity when my car needs fuel, petrol is too pricey at Shell.

I've a policy - not to break the head for filling fuel, stick to your regular fuel station in city, and in highways stick to COCO, Reliance, Essar, or the ones which has many visitors.

Being choosy about Petrol pumps is a definite No-No for me as it is a needless headache.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 19:08   #551
ike
BHPian

Any IOC bunks in Chennai dispensing xtragreen diesel? I wanto to try it but I have not heard anyone about a good IOC bunk yet.
Old 18th April 2022, 20:26   #552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Any IOC bunks in Chennai dispensing xtragreen diesel? I wanto to try it but I have not heard anyone about a good IOC bunk yet.
IOC pump locator lists one Srinivasa Agencies in Red Hills dispensing XG. But I am doubtful, because there are 2 company owned pumps (Indira Nagar and MM Nagar) that do not sell XG.
Old 14th July 2022, 08:05   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Have an update for you IOC COCO Singaperumal Koil has XTragreen. I just spotted it yesterday while refueling there.

Fuel quality is generally good here. My last 5 refills have been from there.
Old 4th August 2022, 12:50   #554
BHPian

BPCL COCO at Maraimalai Nagar has a DEF (adblue) dispenser now. This is such a relief, given how cumbersome is to get it in 5/10L containers and making a mess before pouring it in!

Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai-whatsapp-image-20220804-12.43.53-pm2.jpeg

Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai-whatsapp-image-20220804-12.43.53-pm.jpeg

Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai-whatsapp-image-20220804-12.43.53-pm3.jpeg

Last edited by ramprakashr : 4th August 2022 at 12:53. Reason: Wrong image uploaded
ramprakashr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 16:47   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
A month back when I was filling up in Shell, I happen to see another pump attendant checking the fuel in a measuring bottle, and the fuel appeared so pure and clean to the naked eye.

These days its more than 30 rupees extra? 124 or something in Bangalore when regular Diesel from a HP pump was much cheaper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks