Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2023, 13:11   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Can some recommend the best petrol stations in and around Teynampet/ T.Nagar area
Look no further than Ekayars on Venkatanarayana Road. Has the reputation built over 45-50 years. You can spot lot of exotics after 1000 pm. The entry has been complicated recently due to metro work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Or Guindy (just as you come down the bridge, next to that "Polyhose" office building)
That's where I've experienced short filling first hand. Have not visited ever since.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 14:29   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

That's where I've experienced short filling first hand. Have not visited ever since.
12-13 years back, my dad too caught them red handed. Better to avoid that place.

I regularly fill from the Indian Oil pump in Adyar, opposite Guru Mess. Have been going there for more than 15 years and have nothing to complain.

That being said, I find Bharat Petroleum petrol to be better than Indian Oil's: the difference in pick-up and mileage is quite evident.

Last edited by DocwithFiesta : 28th April 2023 at 14:40.
Old 28th April 2023, 19:55   #588
Senior - BHPian

Funny, I live right down the road from that IOC and I try my hardest not to fill at it. This thread has a lot of issues with them (but maybe a thing of the past since they became a COCO). Short filling, distracting you with products to sell or stupid questions and the meter jumps, not the best quality fuel etc.

The KPN bunk has good fuel, and if you tell them "full tank, auto cut off" there is very little they can do. They don't distract you etc either, that bunk has very high traffic so they are focused on filling and moving you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocwithFiesta View Post
12-13 years back, my dad too caught them red handed. Better to avoid that place.

I regularly fill from the Indian Oil pump in Adyar, opposite Guru Mess. Have been going there for more than 15 years and have nothing to complain.

That being said, I find Bharat Petroleum petrol to be better than Indian Oil's: the difference in pick-up and mileage is quite evident.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 12:50   #589
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Kindly suggest a good XP95 available IOC pump in south chennai (adyar, tiruvanmiyur, perungudi, velachery) belt.

I am aware of the LB road one which was a notorius cheater before and has now become COCO in recent years, but if there is a way to avoid them, I would.
Old 21st June 2023, 14:09   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Kindly suggest a good XP95 available IOC pump in south chennai (adyar, tiruvanmiyur, perungudi, velachery) belt.

I am aware of the LB road one which was a notorius cheater before and has now become COCO in recent years, but if there is a way to avoid them, I would.
That is the only one nearby, I think the next nearest one is out by the airport (also IOC COCO).

As far as I can see the fraud issues have gone away with the pump becoming a COCO, and I live just down the road from there so fill up occasionally. No particular scamming or fuel quality issues noted (at least no particular fuel quality issues beyond IOC fuel's typical quality)
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 12:00   #591
BHPian

I generally fill up my tank in either of two BPCL petrol bunks only - the Ammu's outlet in Nesapakkam and the Abdul Cader outlet next to Trident in Meenambakkam. My family has been using them for many years.

The Abdul Cader outlet has always been consistently good, while the Ammu's one was poor initially and gotten a lot better over the years due to better management and better infra (they have invested in cleaner bathrooms, Ola chargers and a MedPlus outlet now). Even met a fellow BHPian at Ammu's who recognised my car by the LTD sticker placement.

Else I go to the nearest Reliance petrol bunk as they are professional, generally do not indulge in any distraction tactics, and the fuel quality is quite good. The only issue is, they have too few outlets.

The only IOCL outlet I've gone to fleeced me and my father on different occasions. This is the Ganesh Agency outlet on Govindan Road, West Mambalam.

Blatant, shameless cheats and the recent reviews don't show them improving in any manner. They have tried almost everything on my father and me - multiple distractions when filling, accepting only cash for anything less than 500₹ or 5L, the 500₹ stoppage when asked for full tank, topping up till the brim and lying about the excess quantity saying the meter reading is erroneous today, asking for 10₹ a tyre at 8 PM when asked to fill the supposedly free air, etc. On one occasion, my father had to shout at the second random guy who was conveniently blocking his view of the fuel reading.

After around half a dozen such experiences, we just gave up on IOCL. I only see anecdotal evidence but IOCL seems to be doing an absolutely shoddy job of maintaining its dealer quality in Chennai. It's almost like: We're not going to do anything about it, do what you will.

So we made up our minds to never fill up at an IOCL again. Yes, it is an emotional decision based on our experience with one IOCL petrol bunk, but hey, that's our money and our petrol.

Last edited by Small Bot : 21st September 2023 at 12:13.
Small Bot is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:27   #592
BHPian

Hello all!

I live in the southern region (Besant Nagar - Thiruvanmiur) and used to fill up only at Idumban (HP Adyar - Just before MGR Janaki College) and Sakthi Services (BP - Adyar - next to Adyar Bakery).

Unfortunately, a couple of months back, Sakthi Services closed down stating that their lease had ended and they did not get renewal permission to continue. Very sad as the entire team along with the owner were always very cordial and gave personal attention which resulted in a loyal crowd every day for refuelling.

I also see now that the BP Bunk next to Fortis Malar has also closed down due to expiry of lease term. Another HP Bunk which started recently on LB Road - Near Sankara School, (around 2022) closed down within a year in 2023.

Strangely, for residents of Besant Nagar, Adyar, Thiruvanmiur - only 2 IOCL bunks remain in Adyar now and we need to get into ECR or cross the Adyar bridge for fuel.

Have now started filling fuel at the IOCL next to the Adyar Aavin Park, who were earlier notorious for their scams, but have improved in the last couple of years. They usually have a long line waiting to fill up Gas (CNG) but Petrol/Diesel filling is quicker and has been incident free for the last 6 months now.

Cheers!
Old 7th April 2024, 20:29   #593
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masalawheelz View Post
I also see now that the BP Bunk next to Fortis Malar has also closed down due to expiry of lease term. Another HP Bunk which started recently on LB Road - Near Sankara School, (around 2022) closed down within a year in 2023.
The BP bunk next to MGM Healthcare (erstwhile Fortis Malar, eartwhile Malar Hospital ) was always notorious and I used to get my tank fill-ups done at Balakrishna bunk (St Mary's Road) or MCLOA bunk (Next to Ashok Leyland). Always been a trust worthy experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masalawheelz View Post
Strangely, for residents of Besant Nagar, Adyar, Thiruvanmiur - only 2 IOCL bunks remain in Adyar now and we need to get into ECR or cross the Adyar bridge for fuel.

Have now started filling fuel at the IOCL next to the Adyar Aavin Park, who were earlier notorious for their scams, but have improved in the last couple of years. They usually have a long line waiting to fill up Gas (CNG) but Petrol/Diesel filling is quicker and has been incident free for the last 6 months now.
Ever since the IOCL opp Adyar Telephone Exchange became a COCO, I have started using this for all the tank fills and the experience has been very good.

The IOCL near Aavin park and erstwhile Pushpa Shoppe is owned by the person who is in news for the largest amount of electoral bonds.
tud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 01:28   #594
BHPian

Does anyone know a reliable HPCL petrol station between/from Velachery or Thoraipakkam to Vandalur ? Basically, one preferably on 200ft. Radial Road or GST Road.

I see that the 2-3 HP stations I have been to so far on the way seems sketchy for one reason or other.
Old 9th April 2024, 07:14   #595
BHPian

Please suggest good pumps in Ramapuram, KK Nagar area. Currently I fill up at IOCL pump at Arasamaram Junction.
Old 9th April 2024, 19:02   #596
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Does anyone know a reliable HPCL petrol station between/from Velachery or Thoraipakkam to Vandalur ? Basically, one preferably on 200ft. Radial Road or GST Road.

I see that the 2-3 HP stations I have been to so far on the way seems sketchy for one reason or other.
If Velachery to Vandalur is your route, you can try Krishnaraj and Co (GST Road, next to Trident Hotel). This bunk is as good as a COCO bunk. You will avoid radial road completely and go all out on GST.

On 200 ft road, I can only recall Nayara and Shell for good fuel. The other bunks are BP (next to Vels College) and HP (next to New Life Celebration Centre) - both didn't inspire confidence.
tud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 21:11   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Please suggest good pumps in Ramapuram, KK Nagar area. Currently I fill up at IOCL pump at Arasamaram Junction.
I generally go to the Ammu's BP in Nesappakkam or the BP on the same Ramapuram road as the IOCL. The Nayara on the way to the Prabha Wines junction is ok too, they run 24x7, I think.
Small Bot is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks