Team-BHP - Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/56785-best-fuel-stations-petrol-pumps-chennai-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_Safari (Post 1260906)
The BP pump attempted a short fueling trick on me once but i noticed it and made them fill for the remaining amount . I stopped going there ever since.

In 2007,this same BP pump filled 43 liters of fuel in my zen!!...i didnt say anything there and took a photograph of the reading along with the receipt.
After that i wrote to BPCL about this .I get a call from someone in Chennai claiming to be the owner of this petrol pump and telling me to take back the complaint and that he would give me a free full tank whenever I am next in Chennai.
When i refused to do that ,he said no harm will be done to him !!! and very soon i heard form BPCL saying they had inspected this petrol pump and that they didnt find anything fishy :)

After that I have stopped filling at any BPCL outlet throughout the country

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya (Post 1829200)
and very soon i heard form BPCL saying they had inspected this petrol pump and that they didnt find anything fishy :)

After that I have stopped filling at any BPCL outlet throughout the country

Sad that BPCL standards has gone down in recent times.

Back in 2001 they were so proactive and were the first to
start customer checking of fuel quality/quantity in fuel stations, etc
with their "pure for sure" campaign.
Back then i always used to fill in the BPCL outlet in college road,
the one opposite to DPI. It was the first bunk in chennai to be certified
"pure for sure".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daewood (Post 1829186)
This incident happened 3 years back and that was the time they introduced overhead filling tubes and you have to see the reading at a display kept far away. That time it was manned by men only.

Yes, the HPCL outlet in 3rd avenue is good, particularly the guy who always says "Vanakkam" to every customerclap:They aslo clean your windshield if it's dirty.

Yes, i know exactly which attendant you are talking about as well. clap:

company owned petrol pumps are your best bet. I know 2 of them

1. Indian Oil - Its at the junction of Spurtank road and casa major road in chetpet
2. Hindustan petroleum - Its on anna salai, its the second pump after the safire theatre plot

Am awed by the experience you people seem to get from Shell bunks. Any bunks in and around Adyar (Shell that is)?

In my experience, I have found two bunks very reliable (service and fuel quality)

1. Annanagar Auto Station (HP), 3rd Avenue. It's been mentioned little earlier in this thread.
2. Raj Enterprises (IOC), Kilpauk. It's the second bunk at the junction of New Avadi Road and Kilpauk Garden

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_Safari (Post 1260841)
I always use the HP pump near Welcome colony on the Thirumangalam-Mogappair main road, never had any trouble with the quality of the fuel nor did they try any tricks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1260882)
I go there too and also the BP pump on the same road. Both these are good in Q & Q.

True !
I too fill my petrol in one of these bunks. These days its the HP bunk as i need to fill nitrogen for my tyres.

Both are equally good and have never tried any dirty tricks on me, afaik.

Also, the HP pump near kandasamy college in Annanagar is good in terms of Q & Q.

OT, i was at Trichy last weekend. Every petrol pump in trichy were directing me to the "premium" petrol counter.

When requested for normal petrol, the standard reply was "saar, no stock saar. Only premium is available".

I tried BP, HP and IOCL. Everyone gave me the same reason.
Finally had no go and filled the so called Premium petrol.

Later my friend in Trichy told me that this is the standard practice in all bunks there.
Shocked ! what else can i say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnzjon (Post 1831875)
These days its the HP bunk as i need to fill nitrogen for my tyres.

OT: The BP bunk opposite to Frontier Life line still offers free nitrogen even if you don't fill fuel there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnzjon (Post 1831918)
I tried BP, HP and IOCL. Everyone gave me the same reason.
Finally had no go and filled the so called Premium petrol.

Later my friend in Trichy told me that this is the standard practice in all bunks there.
Shocked ! what else can i say.

Wonder what Honda Activa owners over there are filling?

Activa doesn't like the so called premium petrol and the engine becomes rough and noisy if you fill premium petrol. I've expreinced it in my activa and the Honda guys told me to fill only normal petrol as the engine is tuned only for that here in India.

Guys, the premium petrol is not of higher octane, but merely normal one containing some additives to clean the engine/injectors. So it will not contribute to any harshness of the engine. At worst, it may not be required for your engine and the extra money may go waste, that is all! I always use Shell/HP/IOC premium petrol for my new Alto and decade old Splendor. Both run absolutely fine.

When I checked with the works manager of my MASS about using it for my brand new Alto, he said "it is not really required - the Alto does not have a high tech engine! But if it gives you peace of mind, go ahead, there will absolutely be no issues"!

The Petrol Pump Balakrishna Automobiles on St Mary's road, Alwarpet, near Raintree Hotel (Old HM Hospital) is very friendly. No cheating or dodging or short fuelling to the best of my knowledge. I am filling there from 1999 and have had no problems till date.

I have filled in right from my XL Super to my Santro without any problems. In fact i make it a point to fill in there only. I usually have a full tank always.

How about the BPCL bunk in R.K Salai (next to Dominos Pizza), I used to fill there only. I have not found any issues till now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 1846739)
The Petrol Pump Balakrishna Automobiles on St Mary's road, Alwarpet, near Raintree Hotel (Old HM Hospital) is very friendly. No cheating or dodging or short fuelling to the best of my knowledge. I am filling there from 1999 and have had no problems till date.

I have filled in right from my XL Super to my Santro without any problems. In fact i make it a point to fill in there only. I usually have a full tank always.

Hi,
This is my first post in T-BHP.
I accept that the Balakrishna bunk "Was Good". I was using the same bunk for quite sometime. However started feeling the lack of FE in my car when compared with other bunks.
Been filling at Lans Service Station(first bunk near Sathya Studio) and at Elite Service Station near Stella Mary's. Find the quality good.

Yeah. The one near the Domino's pizza in RK Salai is good. Have filled a tank full couple of times and did not have any problems.

I find the one near Malar hospital is good. Haven't seen them trying to distract and the quality and Qualtity is satisfactory.