Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:33   #106
Senior - BHPian

I am a regular at the BP station at the right side (just after the Ashok Leyland building at the corner), as you approach Little Mount from Guindy bridge. (there is also one on the left, before ABT, I am not referring to this one).

They always ensure that you note the 'zero' before they start the petrol pump, no hanky-panky. I have been getting consistent/good mileage. The air check is also accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Guys which station is best around Kotivakkam/Palavakkam on ECR?...
I have used the BP one at Neelangarai a couple of times. Found it good. They always ensure that you see the 'zero' before they start the pump.

This is on the left as you approach Chennai from VGP on ECR, after the Coffee Day and just before entering Neelangarai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post

3) BP Pump, also before Radisson Hotel, same location.
5) IOC Pump adjacent to Trident Hotel, GST Road, Meenambakkam.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 3rd June 2010 at 10:36.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:30   #107
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
It is quite a big bunk, and it's really shameful they're doing such things. You too live somewhere in Adyar?
Yes I live in indranagar
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:53   #108
BHPian

Quote:
T
1. IOC petrol bunk, opposite adyar telephone exchange on LB road, Adyar

Bad. Multiple attempts of cheating

Quote:
Filled here quite a few times and never noticed anything fishy! But I'll be more cautious now and avoid if possible. Thanks for the heads up
Me too, had filled there couple of times. Felt a hick-up once bad quality perhaps. Never been there since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
My choice of bunks are in the order below :

IBP Ullagaram - Oil mill stop

- Crowded at odd times
Now that is just too much Hari.

Quote:
Essar - Pallikaranai 100 Feet road near Kilkattalai

+ Quality and Quantity is good
+ Ensures Zero setting before dispensing

- Credit card machine will not work most of the time
Yeah even if its off my route, credit card is the only bad thing.

Any comments on the pumps near Velachery ?

Last edited by yzfrj : 3rd June 2010 at 17:54. Reason: Bad grammer yet again..!
Old 4th June 2010, 13:47   #109
BHPian

on OMR

Any good pumps on OMR? I filled Diesel last at Praveen Travel's own pump opposite Satyabhama. It is an IOC one. Any other pumps? I am not sure how good they are. Even though all the Office buses from Parveen and OMR Travel Access use this pump, I am always wary of them using Kerosene as the mixture usually gives better mileage for buses.
Old 4th June 2010, 14:01   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Any good pumps on OMR? ...
Why dont you try the (new) BP one close to Cognizant's Thoraipakkam office. It is on the left , just after the bridge, before the Cognizant TCO office, as you come from the south, on OMR. I have used it a couple of times for petrol, and found it good. I have seen the staff buses lining up there to fill up, this is usually a good sign.
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2010, 15:58   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Kerosene as the mixture usually gives better mileage for buses.
More power too. "local" buses in my native use them.
Performance enhancing "additive"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Why dont you try the (new) BP one close to Cognizant's Thoraipakkam office. It is on the left ,
Yeah I filled in there a week back. Seems to be ok. Having said that OMR pumps I usually stay away, except if I'm running on fumes in the tank and have no other option but to refill ASAP.

What I feel is for the volume of traffic in OMR there are not enough pumps. So I guess the chaps who are running the pump just don't care most of the time as they no even without the "regulars" they will get enough blokes lining up.
Old 4th June 2010, 23:22   #112
Senior - BHPian

Pity Shell don't have a station anywhere in South Chennai (ie Adyar, Besant Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur, ECR... ). I wouldn't mind shelling out a few extra bucks for their service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
The IOC opp to IBP in kottivakkam is the only one which has better service of the three (BP,IOC,IBP).I was regular there till march 2010 .

BP Kottivakkam - Bad service
IBP- very small pump ,they are not organised at all
Thanks a lot, Joshguy. Appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I have used the BP one at Neelangarai a couple of times. Found it good. They always ensure that you see the 'zero' before they start the pump.

This is on the left as you approach Chennai from VGP on ECR, after the Coffee Day and just before entering Neelangarai.
Neelangarai could work for me though it comes after Palavakkam. Thanks for the tip though buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Me too, had filled there couple of times. Felt a hick-up once bad quality perhaps. Never been there since.
Hmm... I really should stay away from this pump!
Old 4th June 2010, 23:42   #113
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I base my recommendation based on better fuel economy of my Fusion and the fuel considered is Diesel.

Diesel from HP seems to suit my Fusion better. I get better mileage and power delivery is better. BP and IOC kill my mileage (dont know why) and Shell Diesel converts my Fusion to a tractor (sounds like one)

HP Bunks
Pallavaram - On the way to Tambaram just after Pallavaram bus stand
Nandambakkam - Opposite MIOT hospital entrance

BP Bunk
On the Bangalore Highway, just before St. John's residential school.

I have seen the ESSAR BUNK near Keelakatalai Junction on the new 200 feet road, but never tried it as it looked shady.
Old 5th June 2010, 10:09   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Pity Shell don't have a station anywhere in South Chennai (ie Adyar, Besant Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur, ECR... ). I wouldn't mind shelling out a few extra bucks for their service.
You just echoed my thoughts!
Old 5th June 2010, 12:42   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
The exact same incident happened to me twice and also to my family members few times.So even though it is near to my house i decided not to step into it all my life

So coming to Good Pumps now,most of them are already listed here and i am adding few

Balakrishna diagonally opp to Raintree in alwarpet is good but there is always rush there
Enkayaars in Tnagar - Good service and accurate
Whites road TVS pump - Accurate,but need to wait in long Q
As mentioned the one opp near gemini flyover - accurate and need to wait
All Shells ( i was regular here but now the price has gone up a lot and shortly diesel will 70Rs i guess!!)

Last HP while coming from jesus calls tower to adyar ,opp to andra mahila sabha is very good(service)
Mogappair BP
Nungambakkam BP after Rajbhavan,sangeetha Hotels is good
Similar incident happened with me more than once.

One such incident:
I always fill up XtraMile diesel. They have XtraMile and XtraPremium in adjacent nozzles. I noted the meter readings the moment i got out of the car n opened the fuel lid. The meter was at some 350 or so with the petrol price displayed.

I asked for a tank full. The person kept the fuel nozzle in the car and i saw that the meter was not running at all and that the per liter fuel price was some Rs. 50 or so. I asked them why is the meter not running and is it that the diesel prices have gone up so much. I was told that some power prob. so, they'll restart the fuel dispatch machine. Meanwhile, i was asked to note the 350 on the meter (claimed to be the cost of fuel already filled).

I said i noted the price when getting out of the car itself and that they should stop trying to cheat me for which they didnt have any answer and so, agreed. Cheaters... Had i not noted the meter reading, i wud've been cheated of 350.

Decided not to go there henceforth.

Whoever fills up fuel by sitting inside the car from this bunk, pls beware. Take time to get out of the car and see what is actually happening in the name of filling up.

Rgds--
Old 5th June 2010, 13:18   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pity Shell don't have a station anywhere in South Chennai (ie Adyar, Besant Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur, ECR... ).
Quote:
You just echoed my thoughts!
Nearest Shell for your (our?!!) area is Shell OMR and Shell Velacherry.
Old 5th June 2010, 13:52   #117
BHPian

I always open the fuel lid, get out of the car and then mention - "Full tank, ordinary petrol/diesel". And even if the guy talks to me, I took at the meter only and nod my head to whatever the guy might be telling.

But nowadays, the bunks have a watch like device - when you swipe it it resets the meter and then only begins to dispense fuel. That way, the meter is always reset.

But I gotta mention this - its always a hassle to fill petrol. In fact my wife abhors it and insists that I accompany her. Its either due to the cheating or the leering.

Shell is so expensive(at 61/litre). How can you guys afford it? Am I missing something here?
Old 5th June 2010, 14:52   #118
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post

Shell is so expensive(at 61/litre). How can you guys afford it? Am I missing something here?
Thats exactly my thought too.If it is .5 or 1 rupee more i dont mind but its almost 4-5 rupees more that others
Old 5th June 2010, 14:58   #119
BHPian

IMO you can use speed 97 instead of shell, i used to fill my xf with shell super unleaded but there was a negligible increase in mileage and in performance, but with 97 there is a lot of difference, i get about 1.5 - 2 kmpl more with 97.
Old 5th June 2010, 17:09   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Also the IOC bunk near Nilgiris. Thats company owned too.
No, this is not a Company owned Bunk. I used to go there for 10 years and fill fuel myself.

Of late they often give excuses about not giving me tankful of diesel. I blasted them 2 months ago and now fill at the HP bunk at RK salai next to Dominos..Seems OK.

The Shell bunks at Chromepet and Porur are clean, but the cost of fuel is a rip off and not worth the extra premium.

The reliance bunks on the NH were good. Sad they no longer operate.

The HP one next to stella maris is also good and fair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
IMO you can use speed 97 instead of shell, i used to fill my xf with shell super unleaded but there was a negligible increase in mileage and in performance, but with 97 there is a lot of difference, i get about 1.5 - 2 kmpl more with 97.
Varun,

With 97 Octane, most cars will give you a slight increase in FE as well as power. Its obvious isnt it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks