Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 16:58   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Pump on St Mary's Road RA Puram. Balakrishna Automobiles. Very good, No Cheating, shows zero before fill. We can see lots of vehicles lined up. He is the official filler for Park Sheraton Cabs. I fill up there only as far as i can. no problems faced so far.

Amenties: Ordinary Water wash, Standard Chartered ATM, In&Out Store, Cards accepted at pump, Emission Test Facility

do they still have the emission test facility ? lately i havent seen that while driving past
Old 10th June 2010, 18:44   #137
BHPian

Hello guys, How good is the petrol bunk opposite to Residancy hotel in GN Chetty road? Has anyone given it a shot? There are actually two bunks in GN Chetty road just below the fly-over. I can say for sure that you can blindly avoid the one opposite to Hexaware technologies. But how good is the other one opposite to Residancy hotel?
Old 11th June 2010, 11:58   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
do they still have the emission test facility ? lately i havent seen that while driving past
Only for 2 wheelers and sometimes depending on rush at the station for petrol cars. Its not in use that much.
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:25   #139
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd June 2010 at 10:19.
designersf is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th July 2010, 15:37   #140
BHPian

Team, On OMR i see a difference of 5 paise between two Bharat Petroleum pumps. Is it normal? they are just 5 kms away. One says 55.99 and the other one 55.54.
Old 5th July 2010, 15:47   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Team, On OMR i see a difference of 5 paise between two Bharat Petroleum pumps. Is it normal? they are just 5 kms away. One says 55.99 and the other one 55.54.
That a diff of almost half a rupee. Normal petrol at BP is 56.** & speed at 59.** near shanthi colony, annanagar west..
Old 5th July 2010, 17:40   #142
BHPian

I stay at Thoraipakkam and need to get a PUC certificate for my car (2006 Swift petrol). Would anyone know where I can get this done?
Also now that the price of petrol has been made floating, would anyone know the differance in cost between Shell and BP?
Old 5th July 2010, 17:51   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Pump on St Mary's Road RA Puram. Balakrishna Automobiles. Very good, No Cheating, shows zero before fill. We can see lots of vehicles lined up. He is the official filler for Park Sheraton Cabs. I fill up there only as far as i can. no problems faced so far.

Amenties: Ordinary Water wash, Standard Chartered ATM, In&Out Store, Cards accepted at pump, Emission Test Facility
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Only for 2 wheelers and sometimes depending on rush at the station for petrol cars. Its not in use that much.
Just checked they do have emission test but only for petrol vehicles. Another place is the IOC pump at the corner of Eldams road opposite Samco
Old 5th July 2010, 18:36   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
I stay at Thoraipakkam and need to get a PUC certificate for my car (2006 Swift petrol). Would anyone know where I can get this done?
Also now that the price of petrol has been made floating, would anyone know the differance in cost between Shell and BP?
There is one in the pump after Malar Hospital Adayar. I took mine from there. (Rs. 50/-)

I've been told its there PUC Certificate in some pumps neat Thiruvanmiyur RTO. Never been there so no idea.

PS: I too stay in Thoraipakkam (Road going inside after 3i Infotech / Satyam aka RRE Bus Stop)

Last edited by yzfrj : 5th July 2010 at 18:38.
Old 6th July 2010, 19:13   #145
BHPian

Coming back to topic. Any good/recommended pumps on OMR ?
Preferably 91 Octane. (Trackday this Sunday )

No shell, I'm not that loaded.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:38   #146
BHPian

I use the BP pump just before LifeLine hospital (on the left when coming from SRP to Lifeline). They are pretty good. I've also used the BP near Accenture and have no problem with them either.
Old 8th July 2010, 12:27   #147
BHPian

Off late I have not been finding any diff with speed petrol from BP, Is it becos I am driving in city that too crawling?

Have you folks tried adding octane booster to normal petrol? Cost around 680/- rupees & can be added to the tank 3-4 times which means around 200 litres?
Attached Thumbnails
Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai-octaneboosters.jpg  

Old 8th July 2010, 16:27   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive View Post
I use the BP pump just before LifeLine hospital (on the left when coming from SRP to Lifeline). They are pretty good. I've also used the BP near Accenture and have no problem with them either.
Thanks buddy.

Which one ?

BP before Accenture is the one on the left (towards sholinganallur) or the new one (right side towards sholinganallur just before the bridge , after CTS )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
680/- rupees & can be added to the tank 3-4 times which means around 200 litres?
Cost wise does't make sense. Better to go for speed its 2.5 dearer than normal petrol.

However if we can forget the cost we can use this with speed

But....! see this before filling up.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1969972

Last edited by yzfrj : 8th July 2010 at 16:36. Reason: more info added
Old 8th July 2010, 17:59   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Thanks buddy.

Which one ?
The one near Accenture. Went to the one near CTS only once but they did not accept the BP card then - they were just setting up. Have not been there after that.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:57   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
BP before Accenture is the one on the left (towards sholinganallur)
Would suggest not going there. Last Friday, I took my bike there as I ran out of petrol near Kattupakkam temple. Filled up fuel worth Rs 100 which was rejected immediately by my bike. I initially thought it was due to carburettor getting some debris from the tank (as I ran it dry) but the bike never settled to proper idle. On raising throttle I could smell unburnt Kerosene in the exhaust. So had to take it to a mechanic and siphon off all the fuel, change the carburettor (went kaput) and it is back to normal now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks