Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 21:34   #181
BANNED

Help !

Hi i need a help from you guys !

I had been to OMR yesterday and while returning i put 4L diesel in the BP which comes after the karapakkam bridge ie ..the one before CTS thorapakkam / karapakam.

after i reached city one of the biker knocked my window and informed me that my fuel tank is open,then i got down and closed it,little did i realise that the cap was missing then..

today i filled the tank at enkayaars as yesterday the Credit card machine was not working in the OMR pump.then only i noticed that the cap was not put back

now though i stay in adyar,i do not goto OMR daily .if it is possible for someone to get that lid it will be great ! if not possible please Goto that pump and blast those guys on behalf of me

BTW Do anybody have idea how much will the cap cost for swift?

Now the learning is that these irresponsible guys do not even bother to put the cap back.in fact i get down every time i fill fuel and still this has happened.

Now ...........

To all you guy who drive thru OMR daily,I pity you !

I feel that the reason for traffic jam and accidents are POLICE and POLICE only.

Do they really have sense ?They put up these big barricades unnecessarily and in turn it creates jam
Attached Thumbnails
Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai-24082010420.jpg  

Old 26th August 2010, 12:47   #182
BANNED

swift fuel cap !

Quote:
BTW Do anybody have idea how much will the cap cost for swift?
I just enquired for the price of it,Guess what is the price??

its Rs 650 and am yet to come out of the
Old 31st August 2010, 19:43   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
IMPORTANT GUYS

I had been to yercaud last weekend (aug 6-8th) and while returning i filled up my tank in saidapet BP pump which is next to Ashok Leyland's new office and diagonally opposite to Chekkers Hotel.

on TUESDAY i got a call from SBI stating that my credit card details has been copied to duplicate it and they confirmed if i had paid Rs 13xx to MADRAS LORRY OWNER ASSOCIATION ( the name of the pump).

Now my card is blocked and am getting a brand new card with new number

I was just shocked to hear that and keep you all informed about it.

BEWARE PEOPLE !!!
Me and my friend frequent this bunk once a week atleast and always pay by card, but have never had any issues. Are you sure it was the bunk guys that tried to cheat and not any other place? Also did you complain about this to them or BP?
Old 31st August 2010, 19:57   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I had been to OMR yesterday and while returning i put 4L diesel in the BP which comes after the karapakkam bridge ie ..the one before CTS thorapakkam / karapakam.
This is my regular pump now. I go there at least 2 times a month to fill up my baby. They are pretty nice. (Except for one irritating incident long back)

Anyway which ever pump it is, I make it a habit to get out of the car to fill up. By doing that alone you eliminate most of the "normal" problems.
Old 31st August 2010, 22:11   #185
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Me and my friend frequent this bunk once a week atleast and always pay by card, but have never had any issues. Are you sure it was the bunk guys that tried to cheat and not any other place? Also did you complain about this to them or BP?
No i didnt complaint to the pump,i really doubt how they can copy the card details and escape.BTW i got the replacement card from SBi yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
This is my regular pump now. I go there at least 2 times a month to fill up my baby. They are pretty nice. (Except for one irritating incident long back)

Anyway which ever pump it is, I make it a habit to get out of the car to fill up. By doing that alone you eliminate most of the "normal" problems.
Today i went to the pump and got the lid back,but i already spent 680 for the new lid last week
Old 1st September 2010, 09:57   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
+1 to that! I go one step further. I will release the fuel door only after getting down, and will take the fuel lid in my hand as soon as they remove it. Otherwise they will put it face down in some dusty place, and replace without even wiping it, allowing the dust to drop down in to the tank!
Old 1st September 2010, 10:29   #187
BHPian

ho yeah i never thought of it. The dust from the cap into the tank.

I usually fill by sitting inside the car, but my eye is always on the rear view mirror and the reading on the meter no matter what and how many ever guy comes to distract you by asking for the money, card...

Reliance pumps had it going great and they where put an end. In India nothing perfect will be let to run. You need not open your eyes when you fill from Shell or reliance pumps. Complete tamper proof system they have.

Don't know why HP, BP and Indian oil don't introduce some norms and tamper proof system to keep their workers, dealers at check and help their customers.

Always fill from a company owned pump.
Old 1st September 2010, 11:18   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
You need not open your eyes when you fill from Shell or reliance pumps. Complete tamper proof system they have.
I fill only at Shell pump, but the dust on cap thing holds good even there!
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:52   #189
BHPian

I recently found the IOC bunk on GST road finding a new way to fuel cars. Twice I had filled at the bunk lately and mentioned "full tank", however both times I saw them fill for 200 rs and then saying "Full tank aaa sir", and then filling it again from zero. Am I being duped in a way?.. How come a full tank mean 200 Rs for a car!!!
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:21   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
I recently found the IOC bunk on GST road finding a new way to fuel cars. Twice I had filled at the bunk lately and mentioned "full tank", however both times I saw them fill for 200 rs and then saying "Full tank aaa sir", and then filling it again from zero. Am I being duped in a way?.. How come a full tank mean 200 Rs for a car!!!
Please give the location of this bunk.
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:28   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am I being duped in a way?.. How come a full tank mean 200 Rs for a car!!!
After that what happens? Do they try to fill in again? Also how do they fill to Rs 200? Are they setting it initially to Rs 200 or simply filling to Rs 200 at random without any preset?

I sense something fishy. Here's what you do next time...
- DO NOT open the fuel lid
- Get down from the car & tell them, calm yet polite & slowly...
1. Full tank
2. Type of fuel (regular/premium)
3. Mode of payment (in case of card)
- Then go to the car & open the fuel lid & at the sametime, keep an eye on the meter of the pump

If you do the above, the guys at the pump will be aware that they cannot take you for ride & THEY WILL show the meter reading start at 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
+1; Yes pls do share

Last edited by aargee : 2nd September 2010 at 13:29.
Old 2nd September 2010, 19:27   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post

Its the one near the airport. Next to the BP bunk.

Actually i remember mentioning full tank when I was getting down. and by the time Iam near the fuel tank the Rs 200 is filled, then comes their apology. and then they reset and fill the tank, but gives a bill for the actuals + 200.

Your method is what Iam going to follow.

Also there a strategy to distract me to have Citibank CC as they have a tie up and Blah blah...
Old 2nd September 2010, 19:48   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its the one near the airport. Next to the BP bunk.
The one next to the BP bunk is a HP one. Are you referring to that or the IOC bunk immediately after Trident Hotel? I filled xtrapremium petrol for my bike at this IOC bunk a while ago. They showed zero before commencing and also gave a pump generated bill at the end, just like Shell.
Old 2nd September 2010, 19:57   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Don't know why HP, BP and Indian oil don't introduce some norms and tamper proof system to keep their workers, dealers at check and help their customers.
The systems and Norms are tamper proof its actually the poor customer who has to become Distraction Proof .
Old 2nd September 2010, 20:47   #195
BHPian

Guys help me out on this -

I usually fill up for Rs700 or greater. I ensure that the attendant starts from zero and removes the gun once the required amount is filled in. But, at times, I notice a peculiar thingy: the attendant keeps depressing the trigger while the fuel gets dispensed, and he becomes a kind of cautious during the end of the fill.

By keeping the trigger depressed, is he trying to limit the fuel that is dispensed?
Can somebody elobrate the mechanism here?

Thanks guys.

Most Viewed