Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2012, 17:22   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
^^^ Can you guys give more details on where this IOC Woodlands pump is located on Radhakrishnan Salai ?
Biju this pump is located right next to Nilgiris super market on Dr. Radhakrishnan Road. When you come from Beach side just before you climb the TTK Road flyover it is on your left hand side. It is on the corner of Dr. Radhakrishna Road and P S Sivasamy Salai Jn.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 18:45   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I did a mileage analysis of the pumps around my place and IOC Woodlands pump on Radhakrishnan Salai always gave me the highest figure.

During the periods of Diesel shortage - they always seem to have stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
I second that I always fill by car and bike at Woodlands bunk only.On occasions where I have had to fill elsewhere the mileage has been low and so is the quality and quantity of fuel
I have been using this bunk for 14 years - There quality levels are on a downward trend

And they run out of diesel sooner than they can get their tankers!!

Quote:
^^^ Can you guys give more details on where this IOC Woodlands pump is located on Radhakrishnan Salai ?

Biju, this is the place where your baleno tries catching up with the younger brethren during a drag from my place after a WTPT!!

A better petrol bunk is the BP bunk next to Dominos on RK salai [M/s Murugan Energy Ltd] - They had stock of petrol and diesel during the recent times as well, if one cared to wait in line to fill up!!
Old 30th May 2012, 19:32   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
Biju, this is the place where your baleno tries catching up with the younger brethren during a drag from my place after a WTPT!!
LOL, man. You never miss a chance or what ? BTW, what chance does an underpowered stock Baleno stand against the modified mistress-Esteem which blew away a certain Korean-CRDI during the Chennai-Pondy drag ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
A better petrol bunk is the BP bunk next to Dominos on RK salai [M/s Murugan Energy Ltd]
Hmm. Adding the BP bunk next to erstwhile Woodlands-DriveIn which I fuel up at and which seems good on quantity, it makes atleast 3 pumps on the CathedralRoad-RKSalai stretch that are good.
Old 31st May 2012, 10:42   #289
Senior - BHPian

Going by my experience and the reviews here, the best ones are
Ekayars, Venkatnarayana Rd
BP, St Marys road (Near raintree hotel)
IOCL, RK Salai

Other BHPians can add to this list.
Old 31st May 2012, 12:53   #290
BHPian

The BP bunk in Gowrivakkam seems pretty good with respect to the quality of diesel and quantity seems fine too. However would not state the same about petrol from that bunk.

For petrol, the HP bunk in Rajendra prasad road Chromepet is a good option. Diesel is fine as well but have always found diesel from BP bunks in Chennai to be smoother for FIAT MJD engines (Manza earlier and now the Swift). Is the difference because BP comes from Cochin refinery whilst IOC get its from CPCL and HP from Mangalore refinery?
Old 31st May 2012, 14:02   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL, man. You never miss a chance or what ? BTW, what chance does an underpowered stock Baleno stand against the modified mistress-Esteem which blew away a certain Korean-CRDI during the Chennai-Pondy drag ?
Biju, Everyone knows the Chennai - Pondy Drag and who instigated the drag and who the winner was - Want a second innings

I'm game anytime though

OT: For the ROW!! [Rest of the World]

It was the Korean CRDI that beat the modified mistress in spite of the mistress having a good 30 minute head start from Chennai.
Old 5th June 2012, 17:19   #292
BHPian

I am narrating an experience of mine which happened last January and the after effects of it today.

I had filled full tank petrol at GRACE AGENCIES at the Chennai By-pass near tambaram. Swiped my IndusInd Bank credit card for the bill amount, collected the bill and i left. After 10 minutes or so, i realised that i had forgotten to collect the card from them. Immediately called up the Bank and hotlisted the card as lost. The Bank confirmed that the card has been cancelled and issued me a fresh card. Checked with the Bank if i need to go back and collect the card from them (as it is only 10 mins drive), they confirmed that the card is as good as junk, so need not bother about it.

Today, after 5 months, i got 2 sms's that a txn of Rs. 1000 and Rs. 500 at Grace Agencies has been declined using the old card !!

Called up the Bank immediately and rechecked if the old card is indeed cancelled and got it re-confirmed that the card is cancelled.

This is just to caution everyone to remember collect your cards everytime you pay using them and be aware of the bad practice at this bunk.

Last edited by bnzjon : 5th June 2012 at 17:21.
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2012, 20:37   #293
Senior - BHPian

Any good bunks in Kilpauk area, or on EVR poonamalee high road? Preferably with Nitrogen filing? How are the two bunks near trident hotel opposite to airport on GST? I often used to fill up in the BP there.
Old 18th July 2012, 20:09   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
How are the two bunks near trident hotel opposite to airport on GST? I often used to fill up in the BP there.
The BP bunk and the IOC at GST are decent bunks. HP (Krishnaraj and sons) used to be very good but no longer good. The KPN BP bunk (formerly lorry owners association) in Pallavaram is also decent.
Old 18th July 2012, 22:23   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Any good bunks in Kilpauk area, or on EVR poonamalee high road? Preferably with Nitrogen filing? How are the two bunks near trident hotel opposite to airport on GST? I often used to fill up in the BP there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
The BP bunk and the IOC at GST are decent bunks. HP (Krishnaraj and sons) used to be very good but no longer good. The KPN BP bunk (formerly lorry owners association) in Pallavaram is also decent.
Yes the KPN bunk is good. I fill up most of the times there on my way back from MEPZ. My Cab drivers also fill up from there, so in a nutshell its good.
Old 19th August 2012, 16:16   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

from the little that I have seen the BP bunk on Arcot Road opp Meenakshi College and the BP COCO at Mogappair are good - at least air is always available.

The former does have issues in stocking diesel,though
Old 21st August 2012, 21:57   #297
BHPian

Any good and reputed Pumps near ASV Suntech Park or Ascendas IT Park. I am new to Chennai.
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:09   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
the BP COCO at Mogappair are good - at least air is always available.
This is what happened to another bhpian in the same bunk a few years back. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post1829200

Last edited by Daewood : 22nd August 2012 at 13:10.
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:45   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ interesting !
my solitary experience there was good- i filled only 13.85 liters and got the right mileage
maybe things have improved over the years ? :-)
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:59   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to Shell bunk Opposite to Vadapalani bus stand. No issues in fuel quantity or quality.
However found the attendant to be bit too pushy. I usually tell them what fuel (Petrol/ Diesel), amount and fuel type (normal, super unleded, speed etc). Almost all

Shell and few other oil company attendants repeat the same. This guy however on hearing me say normal petrol was asking me to fill super unleaded, I decline but he is not ready to take it. Just kept saying mileage will increase, perfomance will increase just couple of rs diffrence and all. Said no again, however he still doesnt start filling. Was asking if Iam sure, told mine an Alto no matter what you put perfomance wont increase much and mileage Iam happy with what I got.
Then he started asking me if I want to buy cool drinks or chocolates from their store, air check, windshield clean and all. Wasnt sure if it was an attendant who was pushed to achieve sales or trying to deviate attention. Though should say he gave automated bill at end of fill without me asking. Hence I dont doubt he was trying some trick, also I was having eyes glued on meter while this was happening.

Also my experience at the HP bunk just after this Shell, next to AVM studio was good.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks