Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 22:36   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

OK, checked out the above fuel-pump and it is exactly 1km before Sholinganallur signal when coming from Thoraipakkam - between ebay/Paypal and GatewayHotel (on the opposite side of the road).
Old 31st August 2013, 14:06   #362
RGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
OK, checked out the above fuel-pump and it is exactly 1km before Sholinganallur signal when coming from Thoraipakkam - between ebay/Paypal and GatewayHotel (on the opposite side of the road).
Thanks. I topped up there on Thursday.
Old 31st August 2013, 15:44   #363
Senior - BHPian

I always used to fill up from Ekayars, T Nagar.

But then, my Punto 90HP was smoking at idle itself and I also experienced engine knocking when cold. Took her to the A.S.S and they did whatever they can asked me to change the pump. I argued that I fill up from the best pump in Chennai.

Later, I filled up from Woodlands, R.K Salai and the problem vanished. Both engine knocking and smoking at idle. Just a pointer atleast for Diesel.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 07:39   #364
BHPian

Of late, I am seeing some activity in the Shell bunk on OMR (just after Sathyabhama). Is it that they have reopened ? I couldn't see any vehicles queue up for refueling but definitely, some activity is going on. At least, the place is lighted up at night with some banners as well.(though I couldn't read what exactly was the banner)
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:02   #365
BHPian

After recently shifting to Iyyappanthangal I have regularly filled my Wego and Liva(D) at the BP petrol pump just ahead of the bus depot. Seems to be a decent place. Can any BHPian vouch for this particular outlet? Even when I was in Tambaram earlier I used to fill up at BP outlet just ahead of the bus stand. Was quite happy with their ethics.
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:57   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been filling diesel for my Figo at this bunk regularly for around 2 months now and it seems to be okay. My FE has been pretty consistent.
Old 10th October 2013, 10:58   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Filled petrol at the ioc bunk before the shell bunk near kasi theater. The fillers did the following:

Tried to distract me by talking about how difficult it is to differentiate between petrol and diesel swifts

I clearly told him full tank but he stops at 10 litres and scratches his head. Immediately offers to refuel.

I told him no. Now he resets the meter and asks if he can. I could have let him, but chose not to,paid for 10 liters and left the place.

Not sure if the bunk engages in conning their customers. I don't think i will go back there, though.
Yes, Aravind I agree with you ....That is one of the worst pumps I have ever seen in the city. First upon the employees don't have any attitude towards customers. Some untrained fellows are employed there and the courtyard is unclean.

One time I been there and by seeing their lousy attitude, I just moved out of the place without filling. Just go 100 meters ahead, you will find Shell petrol bunk, which gives the best fuel and service.

Moreover I seen such gimmicks are a common practice in many IOC pumps. I am not generalizing...but BPCL seems to be better with their "Pure for sure" branding and efforts. So I completely avoids IOC bunks.

These days I fill only from Shell, which gives the best quality and quantity, even-though its slightly expensive. Its not because I am so rich...but by the end of day...at least I have the peace of mind that...I spent my hard earned money wisely.
Old 26th October 2013, 19:33   #368
BHPian

Quote:
^^^Recently I tried the BPCL pump on left-side of OMR before Sholinganallur signal (while coming from Thoraipakkam side) and it seemed OK - will post exact location soon.
In terms of FE returned, it was a little (~1kmpl) lesser than my longtime favourite pump, which is the BPCL adjacent to old Woodlands-drive-in hotel, Cathedral Road, but this
could be possibly because I fuelled-up in the evening when density of fuel is lesser due to the higher temperature over the day. I normally fuel up in the morning before it gets hot.
Have been filling up @ this pump for the past few times on your suggestion, after my project shifted to Siruseri. The experiences and mileage returned have been good. However yesterday the famous conning trick was tried on me here as well. Asked the attendant to fill up the tank. Yet he stopped at Rs.200. After insisting that I asked him to fill it up, he continued filling it up, without resetting the meter. However that I had my eyes glued onto the meter helped me thwart his attempt. He did not try and overcharge.
sara.ramli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 20:32   #369
BANNED

I live in adyar and fill up at LANS which is the corner pump near andra mahila Sabah ,their service is good

I have been filling up there for past two years ,and till now never come across any fuel adulteration
I recommend that pump
Old 6th November 2013, 15:55   #370
BHPian

Uh, so dumb of me !
I have a HPCL-ICICI Credit Card that allows me fuel surcharge waiver and cash back, but have been filling fuel in MM Nagar BP petrol bunk, incurring additional costs.
Are there any trusted HP bunks in the GST route, from Tambaram to Chengalpet ?
Old 6th November 2013, 18:06   #371
P76
BHPian

Good News for those using LPG cars in and around Annanagar area - Totalgaz LPG Station is coming up at Poonamallee High Road in Arumbakkam opposite Arihant Panache. Also saw a board reading Total Lubricants in the facility.
Old 9th November 2013, 12:49   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Uh, so dumb of me !
I have a HPCL-ICICI Credit Card that allows me fuel surcharge waiver and cash back, but have been filling fuel in MM Nagar BP petrol bunk, incurring additional costs.
Are there any trusted HP bunks in the GST route, from Tambaram to Chengalpet ?
You may try Mahalakshmi agencies (Club HP bunk) on Rajendra Prasad Road (immediate left) after you get down from MIT bridge towards Chitlapakkam.
Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 19:30   #373
Senior - BHPian

^^ He is asking between Tambaram and Chengalpet! This is much before Tambaram!
Old 11th November 2013, 11:08   #374
BHPian

I live in Chitlapakkam, so this bunk should be ideal.
First I'll ask them for a quantity test in the evening today.
Old 11th November 2013, 13:12   #375
Senior - BHPian

^^Though the bunk is one of the more decent ones, the owners is a local dhadha, so tread carefully! I live in Nehru Nagar and never look at any bunk other than Shell! Suggest you do the same.

Most Viewed