Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2013, 11:00   #376
BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
You may try Mahalakshmi agencies (Club HP bunk) on Rajendra Prasad Road (immediate left) after you get down from MIT bridge towards Chitlapakkam.

Sridhar, thanks for suggesting the bunk. I did a test on the quantity using the 5 lt can and the fuel dispensed was good. One trusted HP bunk added.
Mudhalaipatti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 11:07   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^Though the bunk is one of the more decent ones, the owners is a local dhadha, so tread carefully! I live in Nehru Nagar and never look at any bunk other than Shell! Suggest you do the same.
Sir
Unfortunately for diesel heads like us, Shell is too expensive right now. Have tried shell diesel a few times and found that the additional premium over good quality diesel from BP and HP is not worth it for now. For my bike, I stick to shell.
Old 13th November 2013, 17:05   #378
Senior - BHPian

@Sridhar_K, since it is easy/accurate to measure FE on a bike (due to it having the Reserve/Main switching option), how do you rate Shell petrol on FuelEfficiency compared to petrol from a good BP/HP pump ? Just curious to know if Shell petrol is really worth the premium they charge over PSU petrol.
Old 13th November 2013, 17:35   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Sir
Unfortunately for diesel heads like us, Shell is too expensive right now. Have tried shell diesel a few times and found that the additional premium over good quality diesel from BP and HP is not worth it for now. For my bike, I stick to shell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
Sridhar, thanks for suggesting the bunk. I did a test on the quantity using the 5 lt can and the fuel dispensed was good. One trusted HP bunk added.
Quote:
You may try Mahalakshmi agencies (Club HP bunk) on Rajendra Prasad Road (immediate left) after you get down from MIT bridge towards Chitlapakkam.
I too vouch for this bunk. Basically, for three major criteria.

1. The quality of fuel is good and consistent. I get a decent 19Kmpl with city and high way mix every time I fill here( Regular Office route and same time). Found the difference when filled from other HP pumps near Maraimalai Nagar and BP Pumps in Sembakkam/ Perungaluthur.

2. Staff are always eager to do good service for the entire span of 5 to 10 mins you are in their bunk premises. Most of them are well trained.

3. They do understand the importance of ICICI surchage return money. It most of the time sums up to a Litre of Diesel. Also, ensure our Payback card is swiped after enquiring if we have one. I was asked 8 / 10 times, if I didn't pull out my Payback card.

I tried with my T-BHP stickered car and other cars as well. There is no difference found in their reception/ behaviour.

Unless its emergency, I take the extra time and effort to drive to this pump which is 5kms away from my Residence to refill my ride.

Can share my F.E tracker on request.

Happy driving!

Maverick79.
Disclaimer: I am no way connected / related to HP or that particular bunk owner.
Maverick79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 13:01   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@Sridhar_K, since it is easy/accurate to measure FE on a bike (due to it having the Reserve/Main switching option), how do you rate Shell petrol on FuelEfficiency compared to petrol from a good BP/HP pump ? Just curious to know if Shell petrol is really worth the premium they charge over PSU petrol.
I don't ride my bikes too often these days and hence hardly get to notice the difference in fuel efficiency. However, when I had my petrol Getz, there was no major difference in fuel efficiency over a good BP/HP bunk but just that found the engine smoother with shell petrol, and a perceived assurance on quantity. My wife's tvs superXL sounds the sweetest with Shell petrol.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 13:29   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I did an experiment with my good old M800 when the PSU's pertrol price was hovering around 68ish / litre. Shell was charging a permium of 2 bucks / litre then.
In the 1st and 2nd tank fulls fillings of Shell, there was no major change in the mileage. But, from the 3rd Filling, there was a considerable change in the smoothness of ride along with good firing notes and pick up.
Then I had a long drive experience Pune - HYD - Pune, which was a real eye opener for me. The F.E increased from 1.5-1.8 kmpl in same driving conditions on the same route in a similar timing of the day.
Sinificant improvement on the city driving aspect too.

From then on wards, there is no other fuel filled in my beloved M800 other than Shell for the last 20K Odd Kms I drove her before leaving at my uncles' place in Hyd. Its ODO is 119K now.

Its really worth going for Shell, especially in the long run for the Petrol driven engines.

I didn't even try once in my diesel rides ( Manza - 41K -Sold & New Fiesta - 32K current ride)

Disclaimer: I am no way related to Shell.
Old 30th November 2013, 23:00   #382
BHPian

I recently relocated to Chennai, & live near Natesan Park in T-Nagar & my office is near Saidapet Buhaari's. Any recommendations for a good petrol bunk in this area?
Old 1st December 2013, 00:05   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
I recently relocated to Chennai, & live near Natesan Park in T-Nagar & my office is near Saidapet Buhaari's. Any recommendations for a good petrol bunk in this area?
Ekayars BP should be your best bet. Petrol or Diesel again?

Take a left at Nandanam while approaching it from Saidapet and you can see the bunk within 500 metres on your right, on Venkatnarayana road.
Old 1st December 2013, 12:33   #384
BHPian

Thanks DRIV3R. It is petrol.
Old 17th December 2013, 14:28   #385
BHPian

Filled diesel for the last three times at Shanti service station (IOC bunk) opposite to Old airport. Would recommend the bunk for both quality and quantity as I got pretty good mileage and engine runs super smooth. Was recommended by another bhpian geeash.

Earlier, my observation was that BP diesel was better than IOC and HP especially for FIAT engines. However my recent experience of filling diesel at good HP and IOC bunks have been pretty good.

On Mahalakshmi agencies in RP Road, Chromepet, have some suspicions on the quality of petrol unlike their diesel. My Fazer and my dad's FZ don't feel alright with their petrol.

The petrol at IOC bunk at Rajakilpakkam also seems ok but not sure about the mileage though.
Old 19th February 2014, 12:31   #386
BHPian

Maverick79 I live in Camp road and where is this BP Pump in Sembakkam that you are talking about?

Sridhar K IOC bunk at Rajakilpakkam and Shanti service station both conned me and both times, I refused to get out the bunk without my money's worth of fuel.

Case 1, sometime in late 2009: In Shanti service station, I had asked the attendant to fill Rs. 150 worth of fuel and the guy in front of me filled for Rs. 50. The attendant started to fill petrol for my bike without resetting the meter and even though I noticed, I did not complain and was preparing myself for the argument which I thought would ensue. Guess luck was in his favour, he was responding to some queries that other attendant had asked and in the process filled up for Rs 200. After refilling he demanded Rs 200 from me and my response to him was "I have only Rs150, Did I ask you to refill for Rs 200"?. He then asked me to return Rs. 50 during my next visit. Next visit never happened and never will.

Case 2, sometime in early 2010: In IOC, Rajakilpakkam, I had asked the attendant to fill Rs. 200 worth of fuel. The attendant started to fill petrol for my bike after resetting the meter. As he was refilling, I saw the dispenser had dispensed Rs 130 worth of fuel and there was this guy who in front of me and he started asking weird questions like Is this a modified Karizma? (Mine is a R15), what is your mileage? I smelt something fishy and as I turn towards the meter, the attendant immediately resets the meter and there was a very marginal increase in fuel meter in my bike. I refused to pay and they even had the audacity to say that the fuel meter in the bike would be faulty. Finally after some ruckus, Rs 70 worth of fuel was dispensed.

I usually stick to Balasai Narayana Agency on Agaram road which leads to Bharat University. A couple of years back, even this bunk was in soup and had been sealed for couple of weeks. After this lesson their service has improved significantly.

I also occasionally fill from Shell in Chrompet or Rajakilpakkam.
Old 19th February 2014, 16:19   #387
BHPian

I have been using Sri Hanisha IOC on ECR just next to KFC Kottivakkam from last 6 months and have been getting 12.6 to 13.1 KMPL with 90% AC within Chennai city. I travel 25 kms each day in my petrol 1.3L 2007 Swift with 63xxx kms in the odo. They have not tried any tricks on me yet.

I make it a point to get down from car, ask them whether CITIBANK EDC is working and ask them to do a full tank and stop only at auto cut-off.
Old 20th February 2014, 12:27   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katchkamalesh View Post
Maverick79 I live in Camp road and where is this BP Pump in Sembakkam that you are talking about?

It's opposite to the Banayan Cafe ( on our Left side) and just after crossing Boaz school (on our Right side) while going from Camp road to Medavakam.
Apologies. Not able to upload the map now.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Old 20th February 2014, 12:45   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I have been using Sri Hanisha IOC on ECR just next to KFC Kottivakkam from last 6 months and have been getting 12.6 to 13.1 KMPL with 90% AC within Chennai city. I travel 25 kms each day in my petrol 1.3L 2007 Swift with 63xxx kms in the odo. They have not tried any tricks on me yet.

I make it a point to get down from car, ask them whether CITIBANK EDC is working and ask them to do a full tank and stop only at auto cut-off.
Yes, I second that. The above bunk is good. I also fill up most of the times from there for both my cars unless there is an emergency. And the reward mechanism from Citi is good too. Have filled quite a number of liters of petrol from the reward points
Old 20th February 2014, 15:45   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
It's opposite to the Banayan Cafe ( on our Left side) and just after crossing Boaz school (on our Right side) while going from Camp road to Medavakam.
Regards,
Maverick79.
Oh yeah. I totally forgot about that bunk. Last time I checked, they did not accept cards. So I dont frequent them.

I thought that you were talking about the bunk that used to be there near the selaiyur police station. They were big time frauds and eventually they had to close down. Now the office of Ruby builders stands there.

During my school days I used to ride on a XL super and money was hard to come by those days. Dad used to fill the tank once in a while and he used to monitor the mileage. So I had to save and fill for other non essential things like roaming around. When I go to that BP bunk, those guys would cheat even for Rs 30 worth of fuel.

BTW the bunk's location which you are referring to is Gowrivakkam.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks