Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 18:07   #406
BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
There is also a BPCL COCO bunk at Mahindra city where diesel seems to be good as well.
Quantity and quality wise it's a good bunk, but they have this notorious habit of filling speed petrol unless and until you mention normal petrol. Happened a couple of times while tanking up my verna, and I make it a point to clearly mention : "Ordinary Petrol"
Old 27th June 2016, 16:33   #407
CGB
BHPian

Chennai Bhpians, Avoid filling petrol in BP bunks- At kilkattalai signal and the one is Gowrivakkam. When i went and asked for SPEED, they told it's available and filled the normal petrol. I found it and paid for normal petrol. They even take the filler hose which mentions SPEED so as to make us devoid of any doubts.

Please mind that SPEED petrol has a greenish colour than normal ones

This seems to be new scam trend
Old 25th August 2016, 16:10   #408
BHPian

Today morning I filled up the tank for my bike at Paramasivan BP bunk near SPIC, Guindy. I clearly told the attendant to fill up the tank but he purposefully stopped at Rs. 100. Then without resetting he continued to fill the tank. The final amount was Rs. 560. The following conversation ensued.

Attendant: Its Rs. 100 and Rs. 560.
Me: it’s only Rs. 560.
Attendant: I first filled for Rs. 100 and final is Rs. 560.
Me: Is there any reason for quoting Rs. 100 now as it has already been accounted for in Rs. 560.
Attendant: It’s all the same.

I ended up paying only Rs. 560 and told him that Rs. 100 is in that Rs. 560.
katchkamalesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 12:56   #409
BHPian

Hi Chennai BHPians,

Not an expert on fuel quality and how good petrol pumps are. I have been filling petrol from this pump on OMR

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bh...7!4d80.2304922

Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai-bp-pump.png

Should I be worried about the fuel quality or can I continue to fill from here? Haven't had any issues regarding service here. Staff have always been friendly.

Also, this pump operates 24hrs

Thanks

Last edited by frostbite911 : 15th November 2016 at 13:02.
Old 18th November 2016, 23:35   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite911 View Post
Hi Chennai BHPians,

Not an expert on fuel quality and how good petrol pumps are. I have been filling petrol from this pump on OMR

Also, this pump operates 24hrs

Thanks
MNM jain engineering college buses fill here regularly. I avoid visiting this station purely because when I cross this station I see the college buses waiting in the queue. So, I think quality shouldn't be a cause of concern.

Good to know the station operates 24/7
Old 1st April 2017, 22:29   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been taking the cab now a days and mostly have it for me alone in the night. So I keep chatting up with the drivers and I am advised to keep away from (most of) the HP pumps. The driver suggested to fill from BP - one he said opposite ITC in Guindy is good. In fact I noticed the pump being crowded most of the time I cross. The HP one opposite MIOT hospital close to DLF, Nandambakkam) also seems to be a bad one.

There is a IOC COCO near Adyar Bus Depot and should be good. I am also told there are couple of good pumps near the Adyar flyover.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd April 2017 at 18:49. Reason: Typo (I -> is)
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 22:34   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I have been taking the cab now a days and mostly have it for me alone in the night. So I keep chatting up with the drivers and I am advised to keep away from (most of) the HP pumps. The driver suggested to fill from BP - one he said opposite ITC in Guindy is good. In fact I noticed the pump being crowded most of the time I cross. The HP one opposite MIOT hospital close to DLF, Nandambakkam) also seems to be a bad one.

There is a IOC COCO near Adyar Bus Depot and should be good. I am also told there are couple of good pumps near the Adyar flyover.
In the Adyar area, I usually frequent the IOC COCO opp Adyar Bus Depot or Gayathri Agencies near Adyar Signal.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd April 2017 at 18:49. Reason: Quoted post was edited.
Old 2nd April 2017, 02:11   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The driver suggested to fill from BP - one he said opposite ITC in Guindy I good.
My lone short-filling experience in Madras was from there. From then, I've always stuck to my trusted Ekayars BP when in town.
Old 2nd April 2017, 06:16   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
In the Adyar area, I usually frequent the IOC COCO opp Adyar Bus Depot or Gayathri Agencies near Adyar Signal.
That coco near the depot doesn't have the best rep over the 15 years I've stayed there. They're the only pump for several km on LB Road and seem to like taking advantage of that.

Best in Adyar - the one next to Malar Hospital, forgot what it's called. Does mean a very long way ahead across the bridge to get a U turn back to Adyar so quite a lot of people drive on the wrong side for about a hundred meters to take the right into Gandhi Nagar on their return, watch for that.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 10:08   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Best in Adyar - the one next to Malar Hospital, forgot what it's called. Does mean a very long way ahead across the bridge to get a U turn back to Adyar so quite a lot of people drive on the wrong side for about a hundred meters to take the right into Gandhi Nagar on their return, watch for that.
It's Bharat Petroleum outlet near Fortis. I found the IOCL pump opposite the DLF IT park also reasonably good. They sell BS IV fuel as claimed by the pump manager. Prior to the price reduction, the price of per litre petrol was Rs 75 as against Rs 74.40.

I usually fill at COCO of IOCL at Adyar using my Indian Oil Citi Bank Credit Card on Citi Bank EDC and found the fuel to be good as well. Though crowded post 9 AM onwards.

Shell petrol pump before Porur Signal is also pretty good.
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 16:37   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That coco near the depot doesn't have the best rep over the 15 years I've stayed there. They're the only pump for several km on LB Road and seem to like taking advantage of that.

I went there after a long respite, it's a difficult place as I have to take a long run up to Mandaveli to come back, I don't like the 'short cut'.
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:15   #417
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Definitely stay away from them - Highly notorious for short changing customers.

Quote:
Best in Adyar - the one next to Malar Hospital, forgot what it's called.
This BP is mostly mismanaged - no regulation of two wheelers (I haven't filled the car here) plus the attendant collecting money in advance from the ones in 'q' is a put off. I've always refused to pay this advance and he goes about grumbling something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I went there after a long respite, it's a difficult place as I have to take a long run up to Mandaveli to come back, I don't like the 'short cut'.
Thumbs Up for your attitude
It really irritates when people do this short cuts and putting other road users to inconvenience.

With HP - I have always had good experience as well as pure fuel at the Nandanam COCO (opp YMCA). Only downside is the shift change period of the staff during which they shut ops for 15-30 mins.

With BP - Any day Balakrishna Bunk at St Mary's Rd, Alwarpet. Last 5 years I've not had a single issue with the fuel quality.
tud is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:36   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
This BP is mostly mismanaged - no regulation of two wheelers (I haven't filled the car here) plus the attendant collecting money in advance from the ones in 'q' is a put off. I've always refused to pay this advance and he goes about grumbling something.
The fuel quality is quite above average though. I think the advance money collection is a way they have to speed things up, especially as many two wheeler riders make requests like "fill Rs.250 worth of petrol"

As I live in Adyar that BP at Fortis Malar is the only decent pump nearby - I can't go all the way to Alwarpet each time my car runs dry

As you mentioned the other pumps do a lot of short changing - using the same old tricks like conveniently distracting you by speaking to you etc.
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:50   #419
Senior - BHPian

What's with the Reliance bunk on Bangalore Highway after the first Toll booth towards Bangalore. I visited there yesterday. He wanted to swipe my card before filling for registration. During filling he and another attendant kept trying to divert my attention from the meter. After filling and swiping my card again, they were quite rude. And to top it all they didn't give me a bill.
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:54   #420
tud
BHPian

Quote:
The fuel quality is quite above average though. I think the advance money collection is a way they have to speed things up, especially as many two wheeler riders make requests like "fill Rs.250 worth of petrol"

As I live in Adyar that BP at Fortis Malar is the only decent pump nearby - I can't go all the way to Alwarpet each time my car runs dry
I live in Adyar too. Whenever I cross Alwarpet and my tank is having 1/3rd fuel, I tank up here. Same holds good If I'm crossing ECR, I use the BP near CCD (with Date a Bike outlet in it). If I'm on GST, the BP after Trident Hotel. Always had good fuel at these places.

And of course there are many times I've gone to Alwarpet just to tank up - because I wanted only good food for the car.

Most Viewed