Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2017, 11:59   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tud View Post
I live in Adyar too. Whenever I cross Alwarpet and my tank is having 1/3rd fuel, I tank up here. Same holds good If I'm crossing ECR, I use the BP near CCD (with Date a Bike outlet in it). If I'm on GST, the BP after Trident Hotel. Always had good fuel at these places.

And of course there are many times I've gone to Alwarpet just to tank up - because I wanted only good food for the car.
I know those bunks - but well, I don't drive six or seven km roundtrip just for the pleasure of getting fuel filled. If I am near those, or near a shell pump, well and good.

Back when I was living in Bangalore a shell pump on the ORR was almost at the exit to the road on which I lived, and my office in MG Road had another shell pump. My car thrived there, I can tell you, even with the nasty bangalore traffic.
Old 8th May 2017, 10:48   #422
BHPian

Hey guys! Need an updated view on the best fuel pumps on my work route. I work in Taramani and I live in perambur, and my route is via Madhya Kailash, kotturpuram, Morby's road, TTK road, Gemini, Numgambakkam, Kellys. Any COCO HPCL on the way? Used to fill up at the HPCL outlet next to Ega, but lately they seem to have dropped quality. Please do suggest! The one near Gemini also returned very poor average! Any shell outlet on my route?
Old 8th May 2017, 13:01   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I work in Taramani and I live in perambur, and my route is via Madhya Kailash, kotturpuram, Morby's road, TTK road, Gemini, Numgambakkam, Kellys. Any COCO HPCL on the way?
I can suggest 3, but they are all slightly off your prime route:

1. Ekayars BP on Venkatanarayana Road: Been their customer for 3 decades now. This is the only place I fill whenever I am in town. You have go on side of Cenotaph Road flyover-Chamiers Road-U turn at Buhari signal on Mount Road-Left at Venkatanaryana Road-U turn at VN Road-Burkit Road signal to get here. After take immediate left on Hindi Prachar Sabha Street-South Boag Road-North Boag Road-Right at GN Chetty Road-Gemini and follow your earlier directions.
2. HPCL on Mount Road near GR Complex: Not a regular here. Just done about 2-3 fills totally. Has been decent. If you are looking specifically for HPCL this is worth a try.
3. TVS BP on Whites Road: This I remember didn't have card payments when I last refilled. Used to be one of the trusted bunks of my dad's.

The 'nearest' Shell is at Ekkaduthangal
Old 8th May 2017, 17:05   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post

1. Ekayars BP on Venkatanarayana Road:
2. HPCL on Mount Road near GR Complex:
3. TVS BP on Whites Road:

The 'nearest' Shell is at Ekkaduthangal
I will fill up at shell today as I need a 24X7 pump. And maybe from next time I'll try Ekayars as it is almost on my way home or maybe HPCL near GR complex as it's a company owned outlet! But neither of these are 24X7, right? And Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 8th May 2017, 17:25   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But neither of these are 24X7, right?
I've filled in Ekayars at 11:00 PM ish few times and once at 4:30-5:00 AM, so not sure they have true 24 hour operation. I do recall in the early morning fill that not all lights were switched on, there were couple of attendants who were sleeping and woke up as I rolled in. Around 11 PM its quite busy with exotics

Other 2 I am not sure, TVS most probably isn't a 24/7er.
Old 8th May 2017, 17:43   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I've filled in Ekayars at 11:00 PM ish few times and once at 4:30-5:00 AM, so not sure they have true 24 hour operation.
11 pm still isn't good for me, as I will be leaving office post midnight! So it has to be shell for today!
Old 8th May 2017, 18:52   #427
tud
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys! Need an updated view on the best fuel pumps on my work route. I work in Taramani and I live in perambur, and my route is via Madhya Kailash, kotturpuram, Morby's road, TTK road, Gemini, Numgambakkam, Kellys. Any COCO HPCL on the way? Used to fill up at the HPCL outlet next to Ega, but lately they seem to have dropped quality. Please do suggest! The one near Gemini also returned very poor average! Any shell outlet on my route?
Just after you enter TTK rd from Chamiers Rd, turn right to St Mary's Rd and drive down 200 mts. There is a BP Bunk. Excellent fuel quality. No shortchanging tricks EVER.
tud is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 22:24   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

What are my options in the chetpet area guys? Damn one ways everywhere gets my goat.

shell bunks are every where in bangalore, chennai really has nothing much.

No essar bunks around either?
Old 9th May 2017, 09:21   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What are my options in the chetpet area guys? Damn one ways everywhere gets my goat.

shell bunks are every where in bangalore, chennai really has nothing much.

No essar bunks around either?
I have found these bunks better in Kilpauk, Chetpet area;

1. IOCL bunk in spur tank road
2. HPCL bunk Opp. to Ega Theatre (Not the IOCL one)
3. IOCL bunk in New Avadi Road

Also there is an ESSAR bunk almost next to the IOCL bunk in New Avadi road.

Since I use CITI Indian Oil card, for me it is mostly 3 or 1 in the list above.
Old 9th May 2017, 09:24   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
I have found these bunks better in Kilpauk, Chetpet area;

1. IOCL bunk in spur tank road
2. HPCL bunk Opp. to Ega Theatre (Not the IOCL one)
3. IOCL bunk in New Avadi Road

Also there is an ESSAR bunk almost next to the IOCL bunk in New Avadi road.

Since I use CITI Indian Oil card, for me it is mostly 3 or 1 in the list above.
Thanks man. Looks like it will have to be essar for me (have never tried their petrol). Have heard good things about them so far, considering they operate their own refinery and therefore actually sell their own stuff.
Old 9th May 2017, 09:50   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Thanks man. Looks like it will have to be essar for me (have never tried their petrol). Have heard good things about them so far, considering they operate their own refinery and therefore actually sell their own stuff.
The only issue with the ESSAR bunk in New Avadi Road is it is relatively a smaller hence cramped bunk. If you have to fill in Air, then it is preferable to go during non-peak hours, since the Air filling unit is not located convenient for cars.
Old 9th May 2017, 13:02   #432
BHPian

I guess I wasn't supposed​ to be lucky yesterday. I pulled in at the shell bunk close to midnight and to my horror it was closed and some construction work was going on! Has this bunk's 24 hour timing changed? And I moved on to the BP COCO outlet in Mogappair and found that I had to wait till 12.30 am to fill up! Decided to just wait and get it done! So my car's shell fuel virginity continues!
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 18:39   #433
BHPian

Any reviews for the BP petrol bunk on cathedral road near the Semmozhi Poonga? Is it a 24 hours bunk/COCO outlet?
Old 25th May 2017, 16:45   #434
BHPian

Quote:
I guess I wasn't supposed​ to be lucky yesterday. I pulled in at the shell bunk close to midnight and to my horror it was closed and some construction work was going on! Has this bunk's 24 hour timing changed? And I moved on to the BP COCO outlet in Mogappair and found that I had to wait till 12.30 am to fill up! Decided to just wait and get it done! So my car's shell fuel virginity continues!
I have always seen this pump have a long line of vehicles waiting to fuel up. Is this because it is a COCO pump or is there something really different with this fuel station?
Old 25th May 2017, 16:55   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I have always seen this pump have a long line of vehicles waiting to fuel up. Is this because it is a COCO pump or is there something really different with this fuel station?
I had to spend 20 minutes waiting for fuel at midnight yesterday! They are a 24 hour bunk, but at night just one of the machines are operated and this causes a jam. I am not sure about the other times, but this is definitely not a COCO bunk. It also has a few shops in it, that may be why it's always jam packed! I also noticed quite a few expensive cars fill up here and they do have 97 octane petrol in stock. I think I will be filling up here as it's on the way home and it's a 24 hour bunk.

Most Viewed