Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2020, 16:39   #526
BHPian

Re: Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post

I fill from the BP CoCo in Maraimalai Nagar and have no complaints.
The HP bunk in Katankulathur, just before the said CoCo bunk is very good too, but sometimes very crowded with two wheelers and trailer trucks from the Ford plant. My EcoSport 1.5L dragon engine feels less stressed when filled with HP, so I keep going to HP and use the BP CoCo when there is a queue at HP.

I think in the span of 10kms around Maraimalai Nagar, we're spoilt for choices. Reliance and IOC CoCo in SP Koil are good choices too!
ramprakashr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 16:32   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Next one is at Pallavaram a little distance past the bus stand.
It is so oddly located, no one would notice unless they are told to driving from Tambaram. The building ahead hides the fact there is a petrol bunk there.

It visible from the oppposite side though.
Old 26th December 2020, 22:02   #528
BHPian

Opinions on the pump inside SIPCOT at Siruseri, as one enters... It's on the left side, Indian Oil or HP (Don't remember, will check it out tomorrow)

I live inside SIPCOT, and if this pump is good, it would be a lifesaver especially with the car coming in a few months.

Last edited by DeathPig : 26th December 2020 at 22:03.
Old 27th December 2020, 20:20   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post
Opinions on the pump inside SIPCOT at Siruseri, as one enters... It's on the left side, Indian Oil or HP (Don't remember, will check it out tomorrow)

I live inside SIPCOT, and if this pump is good, it would be a lifesaver especially with the car coming in a few months.
IIRC, it is COCO bunk i.e.company owned and company operated which are generally good. I have used the HP bunk in Navalur, right after the tool booth and found it to be decent from a quality perspective.
Sridhar K is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 01:19   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathPig View Post

It's a HP CoCo station and it's very good and trustable. I used to fill HP only less frequently but when in need of petrol immediately in that area for my scooter or car, that was my first stop.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 19:52   #531
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

BHPians,
can you help me with locating a good bunk (sufficiently modern with new type fuel dispensers that display fuel density) that doesn't cheat on Q&Q, within any of these areas - adyar/tiruvanmiyur/taramani/mylapore/kotturpuram
Old 4th February 2021, 22:31   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
BHPians,
can you help me with locating a good bunk (sufficiently modern with new type fuel dispensers that display fuel density) that doesn't cheat on Q&Q, within any of these areas - adyar/tiruvanmiyur/taramani/mylapore/kotturpuram
The bunk near Malar Hospital and then HP and BP bunks as you turn into Sardar Patel road from Sathya Studios are decent.

If you go as far as T Nagar, Ekayars BP on Venkatanarayana Road is excellent.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 22:55   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

If you go as far as T Nagar, Ekayars BP on Venkatanarayana Road is excellent.
Hserus,
I used to fuel in IOC bunk in T. Nagar (VaniMahal /opp JYM / Thiyagarya Road) as I have the Citibank IOC card. In the last one year all the 3 IOC bunks have shut down or under maintenance. Any other IOC bunks nearby where I can use the Citi card and finish the points redemption?

Shifted to Ekayars and service is very good!
Old 5th February 2021, 09:35   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
Hserus,
I used to fuel in IOC bunk in T. Nagar (VaniMahal /opp JYM / Thiyagarya Road) as I have the Citibank IOC card. In the last one year all the 3 IOC bunks have shut down or under maintenance. Any other IOC bunks nearby where I can use the Citi card and finish the points redemption?

Shifted to Ekayars and service is very good!
There is an IOC COCO on LB road. Be cautious because their people had a long long rep of distracting motorists and then filling the wrong petrol amount, eg filling 200, not resetting the meter, filling another 100 and then claim “I filled 300 more”, then bill you for half a litre of petrol.

Not filled there for a fairly long time due to previous instances of this behaviour though it is walking distance from my house and the only pump on LB road till omr / neelangarai.
Old 19th February 2021, 11:16   #535
BHPian

I found this Reliance Petrol pump in north Chennai and this is possibly the closest reliance bunk to the city. They usually only have bunks on the outskirts.

Any reviews of this place? Google reviews are positive and I am tempted to fill up here everytime as it is only 8 kms away from my home! And reliance does have better quality than any of the PSU bunks.

Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai-reliance.jpg
Old 20th February 2021, 13:53   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
There is an IOC COCO on LB road. Be cautious because their people had a long long rep of distracting motorists and then filling the wrong petrol amount, eg filling 200, not resetting the meter, filling another 100 and then claim “I filled 300 more”, then bill you for half a litre of petrol.

Not filled there for a fairly long time due to previous instances of this behaviour though it is walking distance from my house and the only pump on LB road till omr / neelangarai.
I have seen private dealer operated stations doing this plenty but really surprising and depressing that a CoCo outlet also is doing such practices.
Old 21st February 2021, 00:08   #537
Senior - BHPian

I have switched from Shell V Power to BP Speed for the past six months due to the very steep price difference, for both my car as well as bike. I am a regular at the BP pump near Trident Hotel (Abdul cader &Co) and I find them to be very good.

Last edited by Gansan : 21st February 2021 at 00:11.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 05:12   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
BHPians,

Displaying fuel density and not tampering with Q&Q are not related unless you measure the fuel density for yourself and match it with the fuel density from invoice of last receipt while checking the 5 liters calibrated measure for quantity and carrying out filter paper check for contaminants in petrol. All of these checks can be asked by a customer at any of the PSU outlets.
Usually if a retail outlet is well illuminated during nights, has good house keeping, courteous staff, good look and feel (that means oil company has spent good money in upkeep because the business is good at the outlet due to customer trust) and has duly manned air gauge, you can be reasonable sure of the Q&Q at the outlet. However avoid outlets with mono or dispensing unit (having only single nozzle or two nozzles) like plague if you manage to find one in this day and age.
Old 8th March 2021, 19:47   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
It is so oddly located, no one would notice unless they are told to driving from Tambaram. The building ahead hides the fact there is a petrol bunk there.

It visible from the oppposite side though.
It's a pretty popular bunk. Business would be less now due to the flyover.

On the opposite side between airport flyover and Tambaram there is a KPN fuel outlet in Pallavaram and Shell chromepet which are usually good. I regularly fill my bike ( for about 5 years) in the HP pump after the pallavaram signal and never had any scamming issues (once attendants at abdul cader & co tried to scam me, which i have posted previously). It is mostly crowded by two wheelers and has a high number of pumps in a relatively smaller area. On the other hand avoid the series of pumps present immediately after the MIT flyover towards Tambaram.
Old 21st March 2021, 00:12   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
It's a HP CoCo station and it's very good and trustable.
Before covid, whenever I was around the area I would fill the tank there.The bunk was 24 hours in service. Recently the fuel dispensing guy told me they are closing around 10pm every day and the bunk has been sold to someone else. Not sure if its still a COCO.

There is another HP near kelambakkam signal, and I think I noticed a COCO banner there. I am not sure.
Benoit is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks