Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/56785-best-fuel-stations-petrol-pumps-chennai.html)

pskrishnan 14th April 2009 19:04

Best Fuel Stations / Petrol Pumps In Chennai
 
Dear BHP Forum Members in Chennai

Which are the best fuel statons in Chennai, where they don t adulterate the fuel as well as short change you on the quantity.

Shall appreciate receiving suggestions of Chennai based members based on their experiences.

KRISHNAN PS

Roy.S 14th April 2009 23:54

You should search the forum. There is a longish thread on fuel pumps and quite a few Chennai pumps, good and bad are mentioned.
One of the threads is:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ations-11.html
I am sure there are others containing useful information.
In my experience you just cannot go wrong with Shell pumps. The quality is good and you are never shortchanged on the quantity. I use shell regular for city drives and super for highway jaunts.

neoranjit 15th April 2009 00:54

Good one in TNagar is the ekayars bunk ( BP ) in venkatnarayana road.

pras.oct25 15th April 2009 10:42

You can consider the shell at pallikaranai, or the shell on arcot road, opposite vadapalani bus stand and next to vijaya health centre. I also like the small BP petrol bunk on RK salai, heading towards citi centre, and away from yellow pages building.

esteem_lover 15th April 2009 10:47

The best in chennai for decades has been the HP pump a few blocks from the safire cinema. Q & Q is the best here. There are others too.

Mission_Safari 15th April 2009 10:54

I always use the HP pump near Welcome colony on the Thirumangalam-Mogappair main road, never had any trouble with the quality of the fuel nor did they try any tricks.

esteem_lover 15th April 2009 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_Safari (Post 1260841)
I always use the HP pump near Welcome colony on the Thirumangalam-Mogappair main road, never had any trouble with the quality of the fuel nor did they try any tricks.

I go there too and also the BP pump on the same road. Both these are good in Q & Q.

Mission_Safari 15th April 2009 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1260882)
I go there too and also the BP pump on the same road. Both these are good in Q & Q.

The BP pump attempted a short fueling trick on me once but i noticed it and made them fill for the remaining amount . I stopped going there ever since.

petrol_head 15th April 2009 11:28

Indian Oil filling station on New Avadi Road. HP filling station near Anna Nagar Roundtana, BP pump on Nelson Manickam Road. Shell Pumps everywhere

nitrous 15th April 2009 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1260882)
I go there too and also the BP pump on the same road. Both these are good in Q & Q.

The quality at this pump is good. I've been using it for over 10 years and everytime I change my fuel filter , the old one always looks as good as new without any muck or dirt.

Buttttt, the quantity is suspect. They've tried tricks with me as well, but those never worked on me.

vineethvazhayil 15th April 2009 14:16

I'm a regular @ Shell Chromepet. Find them courteous and helpful.

esteem_lover 15th April 2009 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_Safari (Post 1260906)
The BP pump attempted a short fueling trick on me once but i noticed it and made them fill for the remaining amount . I stopped going there ever since.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 1261300)
Buttttt, the quantity is suspect. They've tried tricks with me as well, but those never worked on me.

Could you guys put up what kind of tricks they tried ? This could help me as well as most others who are reading this thread.

Usually I give them the hard stare and try to look very serious & powerful which has been enough to keep them honest. :)

Mission_Safari 15th April 2009 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1261342)
Could you guys put up what kind of tricks they tried ? This could help me as well as most others who are reading this thread.

John,

Here is my experience at the BP pump.

Post # 115

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...tml#post986903

Fountainheader 15th April 2009 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil (Post 1261324)
I'm a regular @ Shell Chromepet. Find them courteous and helpful.

+1
I am a converted Shell addict. Its a peace of mind that I care for. And Shell provides that pretty well. Regular at Pallikaranai. Have filled up at Porur during the Blore drive.

EDIT: Check this thread too http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-fill-up.html

esteem_lover 15th April 2009 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_Safari (Post 1261368)
John,

Here is my experience at the BP pump.

Post # 115

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...tml#post986903

Yeah, I remember reading that. Has not happened to me so far. Basically, I do not get into any conversation with these guys even if they approach me with free offers. I do not even disclose what I need until I reach the car's petrol tank lid. I tell them my requirement only after that. They kind of get the message that they cannot mess with me.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:41.