Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 34 61.82%
Recommended 15 27.27%
NOT Recommended 6 10.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 12:15   #181
BHPian

Re: Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)

Sourav, a black Optra was parked there for a while when I went to visit (in October, I think). Was that yours? It was inside the building, near the dune buggies and Raghav's office.
Old 17th December 2012, 15:29   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Sourav, a black Optra was parked there for a while when I went to visit (in October, I think). Was that yours? It was inside the building, near the dune buggies and Raghav's office.
In the last year, I've only seen two vehicles parked inside the office.
Everything else is parked in the work area, or the parking in front of the office.

The car I think you are referring to is an Opel Vectra. In Black.
That car is always parked inside near his office. Belongs to a friend of his, if I remember correctly.
There's also a Yamaha FZ6, in black, that belongs to another friend.

Oh, and my car is silver in color
Cheers!
Old 19th April 2013, 09:34   #183
BHPian

Re: A New Professional Garage in Chennai -Torque Auto

I have used the service of Ignite. I have a Bolero crde 2011 and during a rainy trip to kodaikanal, to horror of horrors, that beast, which would normally chomp up all kind of inclines without me having to even touch the throttle, would stall and switch itself off during the inclines.

I tried a few ASSC's and they all came up with the standard explanation -- We need a complete overhaul. At 30k kms, who would do an overhaul, and that too of Bolero ?

I took it to Raghav and gave him enough data points and the symptoms. He said the only possibility is water somewhere that is messing up the electronics. Unfortunately, the ECU mapper he had could not read the output from this vehicle.

He took two days, cleaned up the entire wiring harness and put it back in. The bolero was back to business with minimum cost and fuss.

I will recommend ignite anyday.

Shyam

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd April 2013 at 06:28. Reason: Post moved to correct thread.
shyamk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 21:00   #184

Re: A New Professional Garage in Chennai -Torque Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
I have used the service of Ignite. I have a Bolero crde 2011 and during a rainy trip to kodaikanal, to horror of horrors, that beast, which would normally chomp up all kind of inclines without me having to even touch the throttle, would stall and switch itself off during the inclines.

I tried a few ASSC's and they all came up with the standard explanation -- We need a complete overhaul. At 30k kms, who would do an overhaul, and that too of Bolero ?

I took it to Raghav and gave him enough data points and the symptoms. He said the only possibility is water somewhere that is messing up the electronics. Unfortunately, the ECU mapper he had could not read the output from this vehicle.

He took two days, cleaned up the entire wiring harness and put it back in. The bolero was back to business with minimum cost and fuss.

I will recommend ignite anyday.

Shyam
Thanks Shyam. I left my Corolla with Raghav/Ignite today and on the test drive he immediately pointed out the culprit for the noise as the rear wheel bearings (Lanson Toyota, a week back kind of feigned ignorance of any noise at all!). In addition there is a recommended rear brake replacement and oil change ... and I am looking at a large bill :( I need to grow out of my earlier Santro service bill numbers.

Last edited by aah78 : 23rd April 2013 at 06:28. Reason: Post moved to correct thread.
Old 27th June 2013, 14:20   #185
BHPian

I had my Fiat 500 repaired in Ignite garage a few days ago. Mr.Raghav attended to me as soon as I entered and I had not called before going there, I saw this discussion thread and went to see it as I also live in ECR.
The wheel bearings of the car were damaged, so the car used to make a irritating sound if I went beyond 30kmph. So I took it to the official Fiat service centre who said they'd call back after they check for availability of the part and they never did. This was almost 4 months ago. As a result, I hardly used the car.
Luckily, Ignite managed to do the replacement in 3 days and give my back my car. It wasn't very cheap because the Fiat 500 wheel bearing also has the ABS sensor attached to it, but I'm very happy I can use the car everyday again.
BraveArc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 12:24   #186
BHPian

There is a Porche Service Camp happening this weekend at the Ignite Garage.

Porche guys have come over and literally taken over Ignite Garage and are servicing Porche cars in Chennai.

Saw a few 911's and a lot Cayennes there, there is also a Cayenne Test drive vehicle for Potential Customers.

Good initiative by Porche as their Service Centre is in Bangalore.
xtremeshock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 08:51   #187
BHPian

Pics of the Porsche camp posted in Ignite's FB page. Good going Raghav.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3164026&type=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
There is a Porche Service Camp happening this weekend at the Ignite Garage.

Porche guys have come over and literally taken over Ignite Garage and are servicing Porche cars in Chennai.

Saw a few 911's and a lot Cayennes there, there is also a Cayenne Test drive vehicle for Potential Customers.

Old 6th August 2013, 15:01   #188
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I called up Raghav on Sunday to check if the Porsche guys were still around. On his confirmation, went there to have a look at the beauties from Stuttgart. I got delayed and reached only around 3 pm to see the service camp being wrapped up.

I am sharing here a few pictures taken during the service camp (thanks Raghav for emailing me the pictures). Enjoy!!!

Ignite - As we all know it (I mean whoever has visited this workshop)

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-01.-ignite-all-know.jpg

Being decked up for the event

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-02.-being-decked-up-service-camp.jpg

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-02.-being-decked-up.jpg

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-02.b.jpg

The Porsche India Man, Mr. Bharat (was a pleasure to meet him)

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-03..jpg

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-04.1.jpg

Some of the cars that had come for the service camp

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-04..jpg

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-05..jpg

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-06..jpg

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-07..jpg

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-08..jpg

Work in Progress

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-09..jpg

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-10..jpg

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-11..jpg

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-12..jpg

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-13..jpg

Wrapping up & ready to go for the next event (Irungattukottai Race Track - for some Auto magazine event)

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-14..jpg

Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-15..jpg

Raghav's genuine passion for cars and his genuinity has earned him a lot of fame and this Porsche Service camp is just another feather in his cap.
The entire event was a great success and Porsche was very happy with the service camp.

Kudos Raghav for this achievement. His knowledge about cars & his thought process on finding solutions for peculiar problems related to cars is simply amazing.
Attached Thumbnails
Car repairs & maintenance : Ignite Garage (Chennai)-02.c.jpg  

MAS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 15:34   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Good initiative by Raghav. Well done indeed!

MAS, thanks for the pics
Old 19th August 2013, 12:08   #190
BHPian

For BHP'ians who are not yet aware of, Ignite will be opening another center (or moving the ECR one?) to Anna Salai, Palavakkam. I noticed a "Ignite - Commencing shortly" banner in the workshop which was earlier a branch of Torana Motors. This is right opposite my home and now I'll have an experienced team looking after my car just 10 metres away from my home. Bye bye MASS and your over increasing greediness to loot customers.

Will get a chance to meet lot of BHPians coming to the garage. PM me when you are around

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 19th August 2013 at 12:09.
hyper-VTEC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 14:38   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Good to hear of their expansion. I live a little more than 10 metres away, but if my car was not still under warranty it would be great for me too
Old 5th September 2013, 11:12   #192
BHPian

UPADTE: Ignite has started operations in their Palavakkam center. I gave my car for a brake related work
hyper-VTEC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 14:04   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
... Ignite will be opening another center (or moving the ECR one?) to Anna Salai, Palavakkam. ...
It is going to be a branch; the existing facility will also continue to be operational.

Kudos to Raghav .
Blue Thunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 23:12   #194
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to Raghav and Ignite on conducting the Porsche camp and on opening a branch!

Where exactly is this branch located, for the benefit of those who are not familiar with the locality? Is this closer to Thiruvanmiyur/Adyar than the existing one? The existing workshop is very easy to spot, as it's right on the main road (ECR). Can one find the new branch on Google Maps?

I'd like to give my car to Ignite & Raghav for some repairs as I'm sick of the shoddy work done by the authorised workshops. When can one find Raghav there? I have some specific problems on the car that I've discovered and isolated, and would like to point them out in person.

Edit: A picture or two of the new centre and its frontage would also be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited by RSR : 24th October 2013 at 23:15.
Old 25th October 2013, 00:21   #195
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Raghav!!!

This is a great achievement and I wish you great luck, prosperity and lots of fun. I wish someone could clone Raghav so that we car enthusiasts can live in peace.

Guys, I second RSR's request. An accurate location with a few pictures would do.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks