Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 34 62.96%
Recommended 15 27.78%
NOT Recommended 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:06   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Each car is unique so I really cannot comment on the service charge.
Yes they are.
However any service station authorized or not will have a list of items/services covered in the normal service they do and will have a fixed amount for that. That is what I was referring to, not the cost of the entire service.

This will again serve as a reference for people (people like me I guess) who would like to check out the damage (read financial damage) before taking her for a service.

If you are not "promoting" the service center for any financial/commercial benefits. Rules of the forum does allow you to note it down right here in the forum, that is my understanding.

Mods please do correct me if I'm wrong.

You cannot share it, that's purely your decision and I respect that, no problems there.
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Yes they are.
However any service station authorized or not will have a list of items/services covered in the normal service they do and will have a fixed amount for that. That is what I was referring to, not the cost of the entire service.

This will again serve as a reference for people (people like me I guess) who would like to check out the damage (read financial damage) before taking her for a service.

If you are not "promoting" the service center for any financial/commercial benefits. Rules of the forum does allow you to note it down right here in the forum, that is my understanding.

Mods please do correct me if I'm wrong.

You cannot share it, that's purely your decision and I respect that, no problems there.
MBR has already posted Ragav's number. A call would give you all details.

In my opinion no Commercial outfit would like the Costs to be published in a public forum as they become stale quite quickly.
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
MBR has already posted Ragav's number. A call would give you all details.

In my opinion no Commercial outfit would like the Costs to be published in a public forum as they become stale quite quickly.
Yes, I have the number. Thanks for pointing out.
I'd prefer to disagree with you on the second point.

Any commercial establishment be it product based or service based in my view will not have any negative impact. (Well if the amount is at par with the industry anyways)

We have seen numerous example of that here in the forum.

Having said that, I'd have no further comments on this until/if I wish to avail the services of the garage mentioned and get a first hand experience and will be more than happy to share the details with any member of this forum as long as it agrees with the posting rules of our forum.
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:

Two parts to it:
1. Yes I am promoting, because I loved the service and quality fo service and would like my fellow TBhpian to experience it

2. financial/commercial benefits: I still have my ethics intact, so not into it mate!

Simple reply, I didnt bother to check with him his standard service. Infact, Authorized service centers will have standard rates because the brand of car is same. So in a Maruthi workshop, only Maruthi cars come so rates can be standard. But in a Multi brand shop thats difficult, thats why I said contact raghav so he can give you specific rates for you car.
Old 3rd June 2009, 20:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Two parts to it:

1.Yes I am promoting, because I loved the service and quality fo service and would like my fellow TBhpian to experience it
2. financial/commercial benefits: I still have my ethics intact, so not into it mate!
1. I'm glad that you did, that is just wonderful after all we are one big team-bhp family.

2. I never said you had, it was never my intention to offend.
My sincere apologies if you felt so.

Last edited by yzfrj : 3rd June 2009 at 20:51.
Old 3rd June 2009, 23:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
1. I'm glad that you did, that is just wonderful after all we are one big team-bhp family.

2. I never said you had, it was never my intention to offend.
My sincere apologies if you felt so.
Sorry man, I was just joking, missed ":P" in my post I understood what you meant.
Old 4th June 2009, 07:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

@ YZFRJ and madbullram:

Guys, should we not restrict the discussions to our experiences alone rather than compare / point out / educate / inform the forum on what Ignite should do.

Its good information to know that another Bhpian has promoted a multibrand car shop of quality standards, but the rates he charges are definitely not for display on a public forum.

It would be IFF, he is an "authorised" workshop for any particular brand as the car manufacturers have standard work practises with times which dictate the rates of any work to be done on the car.

And I guess posting mobile numbers on a forum is kinda restricted too.

Anyways, congrats to Raghav for IgNite
Old 6th June 2009, 17:48   #38
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi YZFRJ

For a nine year old 92K kms done Zen, i would suggest that you should call up Raghav and let him see, drive and feel the car.

For a 9 year old car, maintenance costs are going to be high, but from what i have experienced (and have put down in this thread) at IgNite, you would be treated very fairly.

Raghav will not compromise by not changing any part that would endanger you or your car. But at the same time, he will not change a part unless or until it is absolutely required.

My Santro is an eight year old 48K kms done. I did not have confidence to take it out of town due to various issues. But, after the service (last Thursday), i have driven 1100 kms in one week and i simply loved the car.

You would definitely see and feel a difference after the service. Please go ahead.
Old 8th June 2009, 20:56   #39
BHPian

@MAS

I did plan to go last Saturday, but got held up with something else.

My car is in pretty good in shape, I get it regularly serviced every 5k kms and all that.

Yes I got what you mean, a job well done you can really feel it when you drive the car.

Thanks for the note. I'll definitely try it out.
Old 9th June 2009, 17:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Today was my turn to visit the garage when I went in for a simple oil change and replacing spark plugs. Best part about the place is how painless and fast it is to get something done compared to regular A. S. S. Would have to say this place is highly recommended for their professionalism. 2 thumbs up
Old 9th June 2009, 17:25   #41
BHPian

Got my Swift's 30K service done @ igNite this weekend. Was a pleasure !
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:16   #42
BHPian

Its my turn today

I have given my M800 for 20K service today. Had a quick chat and test drive with Raghav. A very nice person and he also dropped me back at the nearest Bus stop.

What he found was my Brakes are very very poor and to be frank, I never felt its bad and it has been like that for the past 2 years.

He also said there was a suspension problem.

Anyway will keep you guys posted once I get the car back. Thanks.
Old 29th June 2009, 13:13   #43
BHPian

Got my car back on Friday and it was very pleasant and nice work by Raghav and his team. Kudos to Raghav's team

Some key positive points:
Raghav did some suspension rework and now the car is super smooth on pot holes
The engine noise is also reduced and brake overhaul was also done
Car wash was also good. When I used to give to MASS, after cleaning and washing the car they would use that wind screen washer and I always see the water trace on the bonnet when they deliver the car. It happened in all my previous services, but I did not see this time atlast. Thats is the amount of minute attention we get at Ignite.

Full marks to Raghav and his team. Thanks again
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

Gave my car in at Ignite to diagnose leaking brake fluid problem that was plaguing me for the last 1 year. Turns out that there was a fault/leak in the valve on the master brake cylinder which Concorde service had patched up by wrapping a bit of plastic and packing it with M-Seal Got the valve replaced so hopefully it should be a more permanent fix compared to M-Seal.

Kudos again to Raghav
Old 7th July 2009, 08:51   #45
BHPian

Ignite is good.

After reading all the great reviews about IGNITE, it was my turn to try it. I dropped my 8 years old OHC 1.5 EXI at IGNITE on 18-jun morning. I met Raghav and mentioned that I have bought this car just 2 months back and hence I need to get the general service done and the following specific problems taken care of,

1. Front suspension checked- Front suspension lost the stiffness and there was a bit of wobbling even when driving on good roads.
2. A Tak-Tak sound coming from the front while turning.
3. Steering tight even at parking speeds.

Raghav was helpful and answered all my calls promptly and addressed my queries. I was informed that the Front tie rods need replacement(reason for the tak tak sound on turns) and the front suspension was worked on, the faulty parts were replaced. All fluids in the car was changed. Brake pads were changed as they have worn out completely.

I took the delivery of my car on 22 June. I felt the car real smooth and an "almost new" feel. Overall I will rate the Ignite experience as good. All the problems mentioned were taken care of and there was no need to return to the garage for any unresolved issues.

Few areas for improvement
1. Better Water wash facility
2. Quicker turn around time(I know sourcing spares takes time as they can't stock spares for all the cars, but still).

My verdict: In short Ignite is not a cheaper alternative to the company authorized work shops, but is a better alternative for people looking for a better service and is ready to pay for it. Yes, Ignite is not inexpensive, but they don't replace (parts), if it can be fixed.

Raghav has been with JK Tyre Racing @ Irungattukottai near Sriperumbudur. So people planning for performance mods can also pay him a visit.

Most Viewed