Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 34 62.96%
Recommended 15 27.78%
NOT Recommended 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 09:43   #46
BHPian

Guys, I am planning to take my car this weekend. Need to have my car breaks and suspension to be looked at.
Old 7th July 2009, 14:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

Do they do tinkering/painting at Ignite ?
Old 7th July 2009, 14:56   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Do they do tinkering/painting at Ignite ?
Yeah Ignite offers complete car care.
Old 8th July 2009, 11:24   #49
BHPian

First time in my 2 years as a team-bhp member I am hearing something good about a garage like this. I wish we too had a garage like this in our city . Only lucky few get service from such responsible people .
Old 8th July 2009, 11:44   #50
BHPian

[quote=cruiser_1982;1373541]
My verdict: In short Ignite is not a cheaper alternative to the company authorized work shops, but is a better alternative for people looking for a better service and is ready to pay for it.
quote]

Well thats a first since I know of incidents where Raghav has managed to work out repairs at 50-60% of what an Authorized service centre would charge. To draw a clear comparison of rates you should really try getting a quote for the same job from Honda. Im pretty sure they would drill a hole even through a titanium pocket.

Last edited by petrol_head : 8th July 2009 at 11:46.
Old 12th July 2009, 01:15   #51
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up for IgNite

Hi Guys,

An update.

After a very satisfying service of my Santro (8 year old - 51K done now), I recommended my close freinds to try out IgNite.

Within a short period of 10 days, my friends and me had serviced 3 cars.

1. Santro Xing 2007 - 44K
2. Palio 1.2 2004 - 97K (with gas fitted to it)
3. Ford Fusion TDCi 2007 - 60K

SANTRO - The condition of Santro can be best described as a perfect example of how a car should not be. It had all sorts of problems from clutch to suspension to bent rims. After the service, the car is completely different (partly due to new shoes Yokohama A drives). My friend is very happy with the service. There is still a minor sound coming from the steering assembly when the vehicle climbs a hump. Raghav has asked the car to be given to him for 3 hours to solve the issue.
Cost of service - 10K (of course, it does not include tyres). One small hitch was that the rims that were bought by IgNite were not brand new, but painted. Raghav had not seen this when delivering the rims and we spotted the shabby paint job while fitting the new tyres. We appreciate Raghav in this case as he immediately took up the issue with the distributor and informed us that the rims were indeed not brand new, but taken from a new car in exchange for alloys. Raghav offered replacement. But, as the rims were good, we requested Raghav to ask the dealer for a discount and we got 500 bucks off!!

PALIO - Main problem was the suspension. After opening the suspension assembly, Raghav suggested almost a complete replacement of front suspension. General service was done and car made ready. The entire silencer assembly had to be changed as it had developed holes.
Cost of service - 25.5K. My friend is very satisfied with the service.

FUSION - This was a very short unplanned service. The car had completed 60K kms and was due for its regular 10K kms service at MPL. My experience with MPL was never good and everytime my car goes there for service, the condition deteriorates. I decided to try IgNite for the 60K service, eventhough my car was still under warranty (2 year unlimited kms valid till 23 Sept 09). The service was completed in 90 minutes with an oil change from Ford's standard oil 5W 30 to Mobil 1 Delvac 15W 40 + additives in the oil tank + additives in the diesel tank. Raghav also added a additive before flushing the old oil.
The vehicle was ready in less than 2 hours and I drove it back fully satisfied. The difference could be felt immediately and the car was smoother. Could not take it on a spin on the highway. Would write about the improvement seen by changing the oil to Delvac + additivies.
Cost of service - 6.5 K

As of date, I have serviced 4 different vehicles to Raghav (my Santro had the 1 litre Epsilon engine) and all of them (touchwood) have showed remarkable improvement after service.

Cost of service is reasonable, as the labour component of the service is pretty low and the parts/oil/additives are invoiced at MRP. Ofcourse, there is a margin while invoicing at MRP, but hey, don't the authorised service centres mark up prices of parts? This additional mark up does not exist in IgNite.

All in all a very competent garage with tranparent operations.

Wish they start a separate 2 hour service.
Old 12th July 2009, 23:21   #52
BHPian

[quote=petrol_head;1375333]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser_1982 View Post
My verdict: In short Ignite is not a cheaper alternative to the company authorized work shops, but is a better alternative for people looking for a better service and is ready to pay for it.
quote]

Well thats a first since I know of incidents where Raghav has managed to work out repairs at 50-60% of what an Authorized service centre would charge. To draw a clear comparison of rates you should really try getting a quote for the same job from Honda. Im pretty sure they would drill a hole even through a titanium pocket.
I guess you missed the following in my post,

"Yes, Ignite is not inexpensive, but they don't replace (parts), if it can be fixed."

A quote from Honda will be just for replacing the parts, so it is bound to be expensive. Even the spare prices in the authorized workshops are priced at premium. I was not comparing the prices between Honda service centre and Ignite. And I know for sure my service cost was lesser that what Honda would have charged me . I liked the service from Ignite and I will be heading there for my next service as well.

I am happy to share the service cost with you if you are interested( I will PM you).
Old 13th July 2009, 11:46   #53
BHPian

[quote=cruiser_1982;1381110]
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post

I guess you missed the following in my post,

"Yes, Ignite is not inexpensive, but they don't replace (parts), if it can be fixed."

A quote from Honda will be just for replacing the parts, so it is bound to be expensive. Even the spare prices in the authorized workshops are priced at premium. I was not comparing the prices between Honda service centre and Ignite. And I know for sure my service cost was lesser that what Honda would have charged me . I liked the service from Ignite and I will be heading there for my next service as well.

I am happy to share the service cost with you if you are interested( I will PM you).
Oh thats awrite, ill get to hear it from you first hand if i get to meet you at one of the meets .

Anyway, no response to my question... anyone in for a weekend meet?
Old 14th July 2009, 16:55   #54
BHPian

Wish I had come across this thread some 10 days back. As usual, gave my car for general service at Electra, and this time their service left a lot to be desired. Their costs have gone up and the service quality is just like most other authorized dealers . A huge let down from what I usually experience from them.

Will try Ignite for sure, next time! Thanks madbullram for letting us know about this garage!!
Old 23rd July 2009, 18:23   #55
BHPian

Ignite is a very nice place. Raghav is a very friendly chap and you could discuss with him A-Z of your car issues . He has a wealth of knowledge and always sports a smile ( good to see friendly and smiling faces in a garage !).
I have met him a couple of times, and still have not had the chance to try out his workmanship. So I cant really talk about that aspect.

Although, I did ask him for a quote to fit my SS universal muffler and it was 3 times what a local exhuast chap had quoted. Raghav did say that he outsourced his exhaust jobs and this guy was expensive for the odd jobs. In all, seems to be an honest guy and very prompt to email's and SMS's.

One thing for I know for sure, once I sort all the niggling issues with my corsa, it will be under Ignite's care.

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2009, 18:43   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
One thing for I know for sure, once I sort all the niggling issues with my corsa, it will be under Ignite's care.
Should it not be the other way around?
Old 23rd July 2009, 19:40   #57
Senior - BHPian

Been servicing with Electra based on suggestions from our forum. Lots of new faces & their quality of service have gone very very bad.

Based on Nitrous recommendation, spoke to Ragav last time but could not get my car to his garage. Surely next time

As someone mentioned the challenge is to maintain the same quality of service as you grow bigger & instill the culture to every employees.

By the way, whats Ragav's handle in Team-Bhp?
Old 24th July 2009, 10:37   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

By the way, whats Ragav's handle in Team-Bhp?
his handle is flanker.r
Old 24th July 2009, 14:40   #59
BHPian

Hi Ignite users, does Ignite handle modding also (?), by modding I mean a bit more than the usual FFE & CAI stuff.

I'm considering an over-bore for my car which has an engine that's not modded often (F10D), so I'm basically looking for somebody who's done it enough times, & on a reasonable variety of engines, to know what works & what doesn't.

Does Ignite undertake over-bores & engine-swaps also ? And do they have any experience in prepping cars for competition use (track or rally) ?
Old 24th July 2009, 19:24   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Should it not be the other way around?
its the right way.
there was a slight noise coming from the engine. sundaram motors diagnosed it as rocker arms and wanted 6k for the job. I agreed.
After 10 days of waiting for the parts etc etc, they called me to say that the parts had arrived and the work was on. Next day, the call said work completed and test drive under way. the day after that i got a panic call from them saying my cylinder head had 4 massive cracks at various places and blamed me and the previous owner etc.

I took it up with them and after almost 40 days of confrontation, I proved to them that the crack was a result of their poor/negligent workman ship.
Because, on previous two occassions few months ago, they had worked on the engine head, replacing valves etc..and there was no crack then and there was no crack when they removed the head last time !

Finally, they gave me a replacement head for free ! It is mentioned on the receipt as well. Now, small issues like oil leak from head, engine management light ( despite changing the relvant sensors ), Petrol smell in the cabin ( they are still trying to fix it ).

Now, why I said I will go to ignite for regular maintenance after these issues are fixed is, every time i go to sundaram with a problem , they fix it for free ! they owe it to my car !

Last edited by vdiatech : 24th July 2009 at 19:27.

Most Viewed