Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

View Poll Results: I have personally used their services and would rate them as:
Highly Recommended 34 62.96%
Recommended 15 27.78%
NOT Recommended 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 13:06   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Ofcourse you can - anything specific in your mind while asking this?

Probably the distance. MSM is near Guindy and so it might be a lil difficult for the back and forth, and also I prefer to be around to drop and pick up my car. Also that I hear a lot about Ignite kind of getting high about it. Thats all
Old 10th February 2010, 13:08   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
funnyguru, do you have a reason not to use Maruti?

Of course, it is your choice. Quite likely I will continue to use Maruti until after the warranty is over, then I might change to an independent, and I too have it in mind to try Ignite (I live a km or three even closer than you!)

Off topic, There is a Maruti services in Neelankarai, as you probably know. That's even closer to you.

Yeah as quoted its only about the distance. Have you tried the one at Neelankarai?.. How old is your car. Where do you give it for service currently?
Old 10th February 2010, 15:46   #123
BHPian

There is an NSK Maruti on the ECR, saw that today on my way to office.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:58   #124
BHPian

Yeah, was about to mention that , it is a big area where they service cars, it says authorized dealer. but anyone has any experience?.

Saw the Ignite garage on my way back from office. Its neat and compact.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:28   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Yeah, was about to mention that , it is a big area where they service cars, it says authorized dealer. but anyone has any experience?.

Saw the Ignite garage on my way back from office. Its neat and compact.
you could try CARS India @ LB Road for run of the mill service within the warranty period.They have a night shift as well, which is cool.

I would highly recommend Ignite, if you need any upgrades or mods or facing any problems with your car.
Old 10th February 2010, 17:30   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
you could try CARS India @ LB Road for run of the mill service within the warranty period.They have a night shift as well, which is cool.

I would highly recommend Ignite, if you need any upgrades or mods or facing any problems with your car.

Hi Max,
Will certainly take these inputs. Night shifts?.. that cool mate
Old 10th February 2010, 23:06   #127
Senior - BHPian

Any A.S.S is like a mass manufacturing plant - every car gets a limited amount of attention, that's all they can do. I have personally seen Raghav and team work on cars - mine as well as others'- and I can vouch that the attention is definitely notches higher than my A.S.S (have seen them work too!).

For anyone who wants that extra attention and care, ignite is the answer - am not saying that A.S.S job is not good, but Raghav & team are better.

Before anyone pulls my leg, no- am not Raghav's PRO, business partner, or derive any benefit from ignite except for the kind of attention & care I expect my car to be given.
Old 11th February 2010, 00:45   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

High praise, and obviously very sincere. Noted
Old 14th February 2010, 19:36   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Amine as well as others'- and I can vouch that the attention is definitely notches higher than my A.S.S (have seen them work too!).

Your car is still on warranty rite, were you facing any specific problem which hyundai could not solve?
Old 6th March 2010, 15:44   #130
BHPian

A small note of thanks to Raghav (ignite)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-problems.html

A small update here with respect to the above thread:
This started off with a problem in my car (baleno), every time I drove with AC on (or) revv the car to higher rpms, I used to get stinging eyes, headache, and my concentration levels used to come down because of the fumes.

The only respite from this problem was to lower my windows at periodic intervals to take in fresh air when driving from home to office & vice versa. Other option was to set the AC mode to take fresh air from outside, but I had a damage to pay as all the leaves got sucked in clogging the AC system.

Initial thoughts spilled over to something allergic to me in the car and microbes stuck in AC system.
[Action_1] Got the AC checked, all car freshers removed.The problem was not solved.

Not confident of MASS, took it to Raghav, initial he suspected the clogged cat-con since we could smell rotten egg from the exhaust.
[Action_2]Got both the primary & secondary catcon removed, interior cleaning done to get rid of the bad smell. The problem came down 75%, i was sure we were dealing with compounded problems on the car.

This was the time when I got the audio installed in my car at Blore, eager to listen to those heavy metal & electronic music all times but rarely able to drive continuously because of the problem. I had my narrow misses on the road due to reduced concentration and loss of consciousness plus my health was degrading due to this problem.Frustrated I stopped using this vehicle & used to commute to office by the MTC and train. If not solved, I was planning to sell of this vehicle.

Tanked up the car full, dropped the vehicle again at Ignite, told Raghav to take his own time. The vehicle was on observation for close to 2 weeks at ignite..After months of difficulty, he narrowed it down to the ICE on the car as the root cause, Raghav is yet to ascertain what component in the ICE is causing the problem.

[Action_3] - Complete ICE removed, speakers, amp's, woofer, headunit and wiring. Drove the car for a week in peak traffic and there has been a ocean of difference. Our fellow team-bhpian petrol_head also felt the difference

I would be driving this car for another 1 week to check if there is any more problem. I feel my confidence in Raghav (Ignite) to solve this compounded problem has beared fruits..

================================================== =====
Labor charges - I don't want to get into the technicalities, rates are at par with M.A.S.S but with a lot more quality and focused attention.

Labor incurred over the last two visits will be paid only after the issue is solved.
================================================== =====

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 6th March 2010 at 15:45. Reason: k
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:29   #131
BHPian

Nice and i am planning to give my old indica for suspension work here on thursday, i have written down some other problems as weel, will give a review after i take delivery of my car.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:32   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
Nice and i am planning to give my old indica for suspension work here on thursday, i have written down some other problems as weel, will give a review after i take delivery of my car.

Wowo! 98k driven?,,, probably you can celebrate with a party when it completes 1L..

Will wait for your reviews
Old 19th May 2010, 09:09   #133
BHPian

Does Ignite do performance mods like FFE and fitting a cold air intake. I need to do them for my fiesta.
Old 19th May 2010, 17:05   #134
Senior - BHPian

^ I think petrol_head got his free flow and headers done at ignite, search for his log thread
Old 19th May 2010, 17:53   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Does Ignite do performance mods like FFE and fitting a cold air intake. I need to do them for my fiesta.
I don't think they make them "there". However Raghav (Ignite) can get it done for you. Drop in there and talk to him. He is really helpful.

The other place people have been getting it done is at electra.
However the last one seen here on the forum is Mi10's swift.

The O2 sensor on his headers are fixed incorrectly as per other folks.
Ideally O2 should measure the outputs from all the cylinders. It was placed only on one cylinder, which apparently makes the car run "rich".

see the thread -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-complete.html

EDIT : BTW petrol_head's car sounds Awesome...!!!

Most Viewed