Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2010, 10:49   #16
BHPian

@joshguy - I have heard good things about jeewajee and your snaps speak for themselves. Mehra bros is on the road right next to my house, but have never visited them. Do they deal in new seat covers as well or do all this cushioning and bolstering work etc only? And what brands do they deal in?
If he can redo my existing seats itself with better stitching and finish and more bolstering for the back then I would probably save the expense of entirely new covers again.
How much did the work at jeewajee cost you in total? Are they autoform?
pras.oct25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2010, 21:47   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
@joshguy - I have heard good things about jeewajee and your snaps speak for themselves. Mehra bros is on the road right next to my house, but have never visited them. Do they deal in new seat covers as well or do all this cushioning and bolstering work etc only? And what brands do they deal in?
If he can redo my existing seats itself with better stitching and finish and more bolstering for the back then I would probably save the expense of entirely new covers again.
How much did the work at jeewajee cost you in total? Are they autoform?
Yes they are auto foams and are skin fit,it cost me 6500 along with steering cover.

Mehra bros are there for a long time in the business atleast say 20yrs and they do good job,so just go there and tell them your problem and they will solve it for sure.

Let us know the status too
Old 12th September 2010, 22:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Yes they are auto foams and are skin fit,it cost me 6500 along with steering cover.

Mehra bros are there for a long time in the business atleast say 20yrs and they do good job,so just go there and tell them your problem and they will solve it for sure.

Let us know the status too
Yes will talk to them tomorrow evening after work. Depending on what they say I will see whether to take their solution or go to jeewajee next week. Will update here

EDIT: Can you put up a snap of the steering cover. Also a couple of close up shots of the headrests. Often this is the part that they mess up at many shops and it spoils the look of the covers.
Whats the difference between snug and skin fit?

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 12th September 2010 at 22:26.
Old 13th September 2010, 06:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

Make sure you meet Robin Mehra @ Mehra Bros. He is "THE" man!
Old 13th September 2010, 20:49   #20
BHPian

WEnt to mehra bros today. Robin Mehra was not there. His friend Vijay was stepping in for him.
He asked me to go in for fabric covers and not for rexin stuff. At 7k I guess the price is decent, and the material seemed good too. Will be getting it done this friday.
Old 19th September 2010, 09:32   #21
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. The Team-BHP Directory is a place for BHPians to share recommendations on automotive garages, shops, product & service providers that they have had a positive experience with.

Please do not use this section for personal communication and product discussions.

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th September 2010 at 16:37. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the post.
joshguy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th September 2010, 10:35   #22
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. The Team-BHP Directory is a place for BHPians to share recommendations on automotive garages, shops, product & service providers that they have had a positive experience with.

Please do not use this section for personal communication and product discussions.

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th September 2010 at 16:27.
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:13   #23
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)

Gurus

I want to have a seat cover slipped on my biege Livon upholstry which is getting dirtier by the day (to my horror) in my Vento. So is the biege colour floor carpet.
What would be the best options for both.
Haute car zone has a black colour flooring option for around 6k . Iam not sure how the PVC/Vinyl stuff would look like...gyan wanted please !!
Old 24th February 2011, 14:26   #24
BHPian

Hi Poloman,

It is an OT question, but not sure what Hot Car Zone is offering for 2k, but if it is PVC full covering it shouldn't be more than 2k. I got one installed on my Manza for 2k and you can check the photos on my ownership thread. General feedback is that Hot car zone is uber expensive.

On Jewajee.

I have ordered Autoform seat covers for my Manza at Jewajee. Met the owner and so far my dealing with him has been pretty good. Did mention that I found the shop based on feedback from Tbhp.
  • He advised against G Sport stating that the quality has gone down in recent years.
  • Also suggested Dolphin as the option but did not pursue it as I haven't read much about it in tbhp.
  • I had asked for autoform for the door panels and he advised against doing it for the Manza. The reasons stated were with the contours, though it looks great initially, it comes out after some time and there has been complaints.
  • He patiently explained me the options and I paid him an advance of Rs. 500 and told him that I would confirm the model & color by phone the next day.
  • I was confused, did not call me but he kept following up with me.
  • Decided on a skin fit and liked the U-Fly pattern. However wanted some peforation which only the U-Pass had whose design I did not like much. So, I asked him if I can get a customization of U fly with a U pass like peforation in the seating area.
  • He wanted to check with the Autoform and promised to revert back. He called me the day after and said that the customization is doable
  • The next was the color pattern. The color combo of
    • nutmag & warm grey (dashboard pattern)
    • coco & half white (current fabric seat color)
are the only two options recommended by autoform for the manza to match the interiors.
Chose Warm grey as the major portion with Nutmag as minor. The standard color combo from autoform is reversed i.e. nut mag is the major color and warm grey the minor.
However Mohammed called me again to tell that peforated material does not come in warm grey and suggested to go with nutmag for the peforated area alone. I gave a go ahead.
  • The total cost is Rs. 9500 (8600 for the U Pass + 900 for installation). Waiting time is ~20 days. Rs. 500 more for courier if I need it in 5 days time. Prefered to wait.
  • Jewajee was quoting Rs. 2.5k for pure leather steering cover (m/c stitched to match the streering wheel) and Rs. 650 for art leather (Dolphin brand).
Asked for a discount citing tbhp reference but he said that he does get a lot of tbhp people and not to expect too much discount. However, he promised to give his best deal and a thorough job. Now waiting for the seat covers to arrive.

My research on autoform:

Autforms have two sets of fits - Snug fit and the skin fit. They don't remove the existing seat covers for both the models but put on top of the existing seat covers. The snug fit is slip on but uses single thread to tie them close. Cost around Rs. 6-6.5K +. The skin fit uses multiple threads and starts from Rs. 7.5K. The peforation model Rs 8.6K

Had checked earlier with few other places

a) Xenos galleria in Nandanam
The prices at Xenos was around the same. The owner was knowledgeable and the sample works good but the owner was was neither as customer friendly/nor as patient as the Jewagee owner.

b) Privelage moto mall earlier.
At Privelage moto mall, they don't seem to have the depth of knowledge that the other two had on seat covers and they were pushing to take the only piece that they had which had Indigo written on it. I was not even sure that it was for the Manza.

c) SriKum car decors in Nungambakkam near Ranjit hotel, (same place from where I installed the parking camera). They are about to take dealership for autoform and haven't dealt with autoforms earlier. They also sell Dolphins which I found to be really impressive but not sure about their reliability or long term value. They also do custom stitching on imported art leather after removing the fabric covers. Saw a few of their works and was impressive. The cost was Rs. 13K for the seat covers and the door panels. A little bit beyond my budget and couldn't get matching colors.
I found them after I gave the advance to Jewajee but decided to stick with Jewajee.

d) TAFE Reach accessory shop: They also have autoform but the person dealing with autoform was on leave and couldnt explain much.
Old 6th March 2011, 18:47   #25
BHPian

Update on my seat covers. Got a call from the owner on Friday 4th March and got them fitted on the same day.

Few pictures of the seat covers. Apologies for the low quality pictures.Once I get my camera back from repair, will post better ones

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-04032011492.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-04032011495.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-04032011491.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-04032011493.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-06032011499.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-06032011500.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-06032011503.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-04032011496.jpg
Old 7th March 2011, 06:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

have gotten a few cars done at Jeewajee (6 to be precise) for Seat Covers, Audio and Sun Film. Mohammed does a good job and gives a good rate.
was not aware that he has a link to T-Bhp - might use that for the next car.
Old 14th July 2011, 20:57   #27
BHPian

Got my ICE upgraded for my Manza at Jewajee recently. I had a JBL GT4 series subwoofer from my earlier car and wanted to upgrade the front components. So, an amp was needed and since Manza OE HU does not have preouts, it needed a high to low convertor and was planning , JBL amp & components. Mohammed suggested to go for Blaupunkt Velocity amp & components because
1) The velocity v475 amp can take speaker level inputs and thus would avoid the need for high to low convertors. Plus the 475 prices have been slashed from 10+k to ~8k

2) The OE front speaker size is 5 inches and JBL won't fit and velocity had speakers that would fit the size

So the idea was a 4 channel amp, driving the front component and the sub. The rear coaxials were left untouched.

Installation was all done, the set up tuned and worked great until we started the engine. The system was picking up the high frequency whine from the engine and playing it big time. They checked the grounding, tried different combinations. Finally,
we had to go back to high to low converter to fix the issue negating the choice for the costlier velocity.

However after the installation, the blue tooth mic is not working. They could not fix the issue without opening the dashboard completely. Though the set up sounds good, Mohammad tried his best, I am not happy with the failure of blue tooth mic.

BTW, Off late Jewajee has started doing Stanley and Ovion seat covers apart from Autoform, G-sport, Dolphin and others.
Old 13th September 2011, 15:42   #28
BHPian

Got my Autoform seat covers from Jeewajee today!

They sure deserve an applaud for their work. Installation was very professional and they kept up with their commitment on delivery time.
Check out the pics. Pardon the poor quality as i had to click using my phone

I also got my sun films and front speaker upgrade from them last month. Again, professional and quality work!

I'm very happy with them!
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-img2011091300458.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-img2011091300459.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-img2011091300463.jpg  

Old 13th September 2011, 19:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Got stanley leather seats done from Jewajee yesterday for my vento. While I'm fairly OK (Not very satisfied, few iffy bits here and there) with the fit and finish of the seats, the steering leather grip (hand-stitched) isnt installed properly. The horn-pad has become very difficult to operate after the installation and I beleive the finishing isnt upto the mark. I have complained to Mohammed and subsequently to stanley to get this sorted out. They have informed they will come over to my place in a couple of days time to sort this out. Will wait and then post an update on this thread appropriately.

I still feel this shouldnt have happened especially with a reputed brand and the price that I paid for the job. I'm a little disappointed with the overall finish of the work.

Last edited by bala80 : 13th September 2011 at 19:24.
Old 13th September 2011, 21:08   #30
BHPian

@bala80, I got to see your Vento over there this morning!
I didn't notice the smaller details. But liked the design and colour of the seats so much. Suits your car very well!
I enquired the price and yes for that price the steering grip could have been better. Hope they sort it out soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks