Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2016, 16:55   #76
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevciti View Post
It left a very bitter taste in my mouth, and if the guy hadn't already put the sunshade in my car I wouldn't have taken that also. I just didn't want him to touch my car again after the way he behaved so just paid and left in disgust vowing never to come there again and also will make it a point to inform all friends and family to stay clear of this place!
Quite shocking that you seem to have had a bad experience at Jeewajee. Was it their Chamiers road branch? Not sure who is dealing with their Anna Nagar branch now. I did my car seat work and floor mat work in Anna Nagar Jeewaje some 4 years back and Mohammed was quite friendly and customer focused then!
Old 23rd October 2016, 19:40   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Quite shocking that you seem to have had a bad experience at Jeewajee. Was it their Chamiers road branch? Not sure who is dealing with their Anna Nagar branch now. I did my car seat work and floor mat work in Anna Nagar Jeewaje some 4 years back and Mohammed was quite friendly and customer focused then!
Yes it was at the Chamiers road store. Very disappointing experience. Maybe he is only interested in big ticket sales now which in that case he would need to get rid of all the smaller items like detailing products or perfumes in his store then! Well I for one was in the market for some good quality mats and speaker upgrades along with the reverse camera and was seriously looking at this guy given the reviews here but after what happened, I wouldn't go near him with a barge pole! Maybe he got ticked off after seeing the MGA accessories already installed in the car like the seat covers and Led door sill guards which the dealership had installed as part of the new car sales package. Whatever the reason is, the guy seriously needs to change his attitude towards customers, the very same customers who made him what he is today!
Old 23rd October 2016, 20:18   #78
BHPian

@Kevciti - concur with your views about attitude of Mr. Mohammed. Did experience personally when i enquired seat covers for my car - was not interested to show designs in the booklet what i wanted and was trying to push the ones what he has got in the store as display seat covers.
couswheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 17:58   #79
BHPian

I'm planing to have new seat covers for my fiat punto and i'm new to chennai.
if Jeewajee Decors are expensive and not customer friendly, is there any other option in Chennai(particularly OMR)?

is VV Decors in thoraipakkam is good?

i have a strict budget(5K), i would like to get seat covers within the budgeted amount.

Last edited by tht'snotME : 27th October 2016 at 17:59.
Old 1st November 2016, 14:03   #80
BHPian

Have an update to share about Jeewajee Car Decors. Had got art leather seats and nomad mats done for my Polo GT. Craftsmananship was good.

One main point I like to highlight is customer satisfaction, transparency, and integrity. There was a tiny damage in one of the seat covers which he honestly told me and showed me the damage and told that he will replace it free of cost, that at my house since my house was far from his shop. The damage was so small , any other decor would have hidden it and got away with it. A week later his assistant called me up and came to my house and replaced the cover in 10 min and Mohammed confirmed with me that I am satisfied as well. Really impressed by his business ethics and integrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tht'snotME View Post
I'm planing to have new seat covers for my fiat punto and i'm new to chennai.
if Jeewajee Decors are expensive and not customer friendly, is there any other option in Chennai(particularly OMR)?

is VV Decors in thoraipakkam is good?

i have a strict budget(5K), i would like to get seat covers within the budgeted amount.
Jeewajee is fine. But if you are living on the OMR, and if you find that Jeewajee is too far for 5k worht of work, then you can try VV cars.

But as long as, it is just slip on covers, VV is fine.

Have heard not so positive comments about the way they (VV) do custom covers.

Last edited by rageshgr : 1st November 2016 at 14:06.
rageshgr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 00:31   #81
BHPian

Upon a close friend's recommendation, we decided to visit Jeewajee (Chaimers road) to get seat covers, tints, rear facing camera. Mr.Mohammed was a gem of a person and explained to us the various types of materials, brands etc. He didn't pressurise up into taking any particular brand and left the options to us. Once we finalised the seat covers, Mr.Mohammed quoted 1 weeks time as the covers come from the manufacturer up north.
Got a call within 5 days saying the covers had arrived and we went in at around 12PM to get them fitted. Their work is second to none IMHO. We wanted our door cards also to be done in the same material as the seat covers (areas in fabric) and the finish finish was OE standards. The custom fit seats was great looking and also did come in at a good price. For the rear view camera, we initially wanted to get the rear view mirror integrated ones but decided to change the HU as a whole and use that as a monitor for the monitor as all our other cars are the same. Again, Mr.Mohammed clearly explained the products he had with the pros and cons. We finally decided on the Kenwood DDX416BT. They nailed both the upholstery and the electrical parts. We left the place absolutely content and will look no further for a car accessory shop! I would highly recommend Jeewajee for their work. They even gave a perfume can for free.
P.S- Mr.Mohammed didn't know I was a T-Bhp member until they wrapped up the job on the car.

Products sourced from them;
1. Auto Foam seat covers
2. Sun film
3. Philips X-treme vision H4
4. Kenwood DDX416BT HU
5. Rear facing camera
6. Replacement centre panel to house the new HU
7. Parking, number plate and interior bulbs
Old 20th October 2017, 21:06   #82
BHPian

Today, I enquired about seat covers for our new Verna 2017. He quoted 12500 starting price and for leather starts at a whopping 40000.
Old 10th January 2018, 16:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

The fabric inserts in my Fiesta's doorpads seem to have lost their glue and are coiming off - one door at a time. Any idea if the Jeewajee would help me install new leather inserts here, with a small layer of padding to improve the feel?

I might also go in for seat covers, but havent made my mind up on that yet.
Old 12th July 2019, 18:13   #84
Senior - BHPian

Got my nexon's seat covers installed at Jeewajee Car Decors, Chennai. I opted for Genous brand art leather covers with white thread diamond stitches.

Work was finished in two hours. Overall fit and finish is plush/perfect. A happy customer.

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930516979.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930519409.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930521870.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930526844.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930529673.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930532515.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930534761.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930536988.jpg
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1562930536988.jpg
Views:	1607
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	1893437
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930538963.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930540884.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930542929.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930545587.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930548051.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930550178.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-fb_img_1562930553193.jpg

Last edited by badboyscad : 12th July 2019 at 18:17.
badboyscad is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 16:11   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Got my nexon's seat covers installed at Jeewajee Car Decors, Chennai. I opted for Genous brand art leather covers with white thread diamond stitches.

Work was finished in two hours. Overall fit and finish is plush/perfect. A happy customer.
Looks Perfect! How much does it cost you? I am too planning to install seat covers at Jeewajee. Was it installed in Anna Nagar?
Old 14th July 2019, 16:30   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Looks Perfect! How much does it cost you?
Total came up to 18k (seat covers 16.5k + installation 1.5k). I went with the OE fit where they remove the factory fabric covers and install the new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
I am too planning to install seat covers at Jeewajee. Was it installed in Anna Nagar?
Work was done at their Chamiers Road outlet.

Last edited by badboyscad : 14th July 2019 at 16:34.
Old 7th August 2019, 12:10   #87
BHPian

Just got seat covers for my Verna. Factory finish and same brand Genous. Second seat cover from Jeewajee for Verna, the old one lasted for 6 years and just few tear due to my negligence but no soggy parts even on a 6 year old seat cover.

Would recommend.
Old 16th November 2019, 17:32   #88
BHPian

Custom designed with red stitching and fabric in centre. Nappa leatherette for 9k same day stitching and fitment. See the pic, it's restrained in decoration but elegant. This is from Star car accessories off Mount road Chennai. I recommend you try as parking space is huge and customisation is possible. Elegant seat covers needed a week and pre order. This was faster and better looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-img20191116wa0000.jpg  

Johnn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 12:24   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn View Post
Custom designed with red stitching and fabric in centre. Nappa leatherette for 9k same day stitching and fitment. See the pic, it's restrained in decoration but elegant. This is from Star car accessories off Mount road Chennai. I recommend you try as parking space is huge and customisation is possible. Elegant seat covers needed a week and pre order. This was faster and better looking.

See also the armrest covered in black to avoid staining the cream coloured cloth
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-img20191116wa0002.jpg  

Johnn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 22:52   #90
BHPian

I recently visited Jewajee to fit seat covers on my friend's Amaze and upgrade the speakers on my xuv300.

Amaze Modifications
1. PU Seat covers and door pads from Top gear
2. OE style steering wrap with leather from Genous.
3. Top Gear 7D/4D mats
4. Front speakers upgraded to Alpine S65C components
5. 100/90 Phillips rally bulbs with relays

Xuv 300 mods
1. Infinity Reference 6530cx components for front and 6530 coaxials for rear
2. Damping for front doors using Dr. Artex.
3. Door visor from Galeo

Excellent customer service from Mohammad as usual.
For the OE steering wheel wrap, Mohammad suggested to go for non Nappa options for better grip than Nappa, which comes as stock in most cars but has better look.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-img_20201022_180712.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-img_20201022_180823.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-img_20201022_181125.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-img_20201022_180811.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-img_20200913_151424.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-img_20200912_154816.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks