Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2011, 21:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)

Small world this! Thank you my friend, feels very good to hear this. Actually, I took the design from one of our forum members, downloaded the photograph, sent it to stanley through mohammed and asked them to make it in the same design/material. Im very unhappy with what they have done with the steering grip though and I feel its not worth the 2500 Rs I paid for the job. I will ask them to re-do it if need to be.

By the way, I need to appreciate this chap Mohammed for the way he handled things. He apologised for the mistake, accepted he should have checked this when the stanley guys completed the job yesterday. If he can sort this out for me, I will give him a very positive feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
@bala80, I got to see your Vento over there this morning!
I didn't notice the smaller details. But liked the design and colour of the seats so much. Suits your car very well!
I enquired the price and yes for that price the steering grip could have been better. Hope they sort it out soon.
Old 13th September 2011, 21:50   #32
BHPian

Yes indeed! Wish I had met you.
Mohammad told me about your online order process and that you are a bhpian! Looks like T-Bhp is getting him good business!

There was a problem in my seat covers as well. I had ordered them with red stitches but it ended up being black. But Mohammad promptly called me up and apologised for it. He was even ready to get me a replacement. But when i saw it, I found it ok and told him to go ahead with the fitment.
I liked the way he handles things and he is always open to accept n apologise for errors and correct them!

Please do keep us posted about the progress.
Old 17th October 2011, 15:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from Mohamad today morning thanking me for references! I was surprised, but then understood a couple of gentlemen approached him for seat covers after reading through my experience with him.

By the way, stanley did re-do the entire steering grip for me FOC and I was pretty happy with the overall quality of work done. Some photographs are uploaded on my ownership thread for anyone who is interested to check it out.

Again, I highly recommend this place based on my personal experience. A very professional guy in the business that he is doing.
Old 5th October 2012, 10:26   #34
BHPian

Got seat covers done from Jewajee this Monday.
PU seat covers with perforations in contact area
Brand: Tatoo by Saddle (an OE seat cover manufacturer)
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20121001-14.10.02.jpg

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20121001-14.10.46.jpg

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20121001-14.11.25.jpg

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20121001-14.13.0701.jpg

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20121001-14.15.14.jpg

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20121001-14.15.32.jpg
Seat cover Cost Rs. 9500
Steering wrap : Leather type - Universal type
Cost : Rs 1500

Good fitting by Jewajee. The fit and finish of the brand is also very good. Haven't used the seat covers since installation and hence would wait for a month before commenting on the comfort of the material.

Last edited by Sridhar K : 5th October 2012 at 10:50.
Old 16th November 2012, 12:10   #35
BHPian

^^ How good is the finish of Steering wrap near the spokes? does it look as good as the OEM finish? I am also looking for a seat cover on my Swift. My main worry is its fit and finish. I was not satisfied with my last seat cover with other guy in chennai.
Old 21st November 2012, 14:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
^^ How good is the finish of Steering wrap near the spokes? does it look as good as the OEM finish? I am also looking for a seat cover on my Swift. My main worry is its fit and finish. I was not satisfied with my last seat cover with other guy in chennai.
The steering cover is a universal type and hence does not have the fit and finish of an OE wrap but it the best finish I could get at the price range. The leather quality is good as well. Stanley Chennai was quoting Rs 3500 for a OE finish whereas I got this done at Rs 1500. Will try to take a better snap and post it when time permits.

BTW, my Tatoo seat covers on the drivers side got torn (the perforated material).
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-23012011116.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-23012011117.jpg

Called up Mohammed and sent the above pictures via email. He took the issue with the manufacturer and they sent me replacement seat covers for the front seats (only the bottom portion). They claimed that they never had such a problems in their history and wanted my pieces shipped back to them for investigation. I had asked them to send me a non-perforation model as I felt the thickness of the perforated portion was less.

In the meantime, Mohammed offered to replace the entire seat cover of my cover with any other brand of my choice (autoform, artskin, Stallion, Dolphin) free of cost if I was not happy with Tatoo since it was his recommendation. However, considering the way the issue was handled, I decided to try the replacements from Tatoo itself and see how they fare. Got the replacements fitted on Monday and they look more robust.

Otherwise very happy with the seat covers. Had parked my car in blazing sun on Saturday and when I opened, the seat covers were hot to touch but cooled within a minute and no odour whatsoever.

Last edited by Sridhar K : 21st November 2012 at 14:15.
Old 22nd November 2012, 10:54   #37
BHPian

Thanks Shridar..
I will check with Jeewajee Decors this week for my Swift ZDI. I was thinking about Perforated seat covers but seems like perforated seat covers may have some issues.
Old 11th March 2013, 17:46   #38
BHPian

Thanks for this thread. Visited Jeewajee last friday for the seat covers for my i20. Met Mohamed, a very helpful chap with pleasing personality. He showed me various brands (Tatoo, AutoForm, Topgear, etc.) Atlast shortlisted Topgear (Black) and had placed the order.

Expected Delivery: 16/03/13
Price: Rs. 11000/-(Including skin fitting)
Old 12th May 2013, 10:17   #39
BHPian

Visited Jeewajee at his newly opened shop at chaimers road. A neat shop with lots of space to work on cars. Have met one of our T-Bhp member praveen there.

Have got hella horns for 1450/- with fitment.

Actually went there for seatcovers and he quoted 7500/- for Autoform U Impress which the privilage motomall guys quoted 12700/- Mohammed said he charges 1500/- for a skin fit. When we went to his shop, he recommended TopGear to Autoform and it did look better than autoform. He quoted 13k including fitting for a 5 head rest seat cover for our verna fluidic. Have given the order and he said it should be available by next wednesday. A nice and friendly chap. Will post a review after installation.

Couple of Pics of the new shop,

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-jw_001.jpg
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-jw_002.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Xtreme View Post
Expected Delivery: 16/03/13
Price: Rs. 11000/-(Including skin fitting)
Hi Chris, how is TopGear so far? any complaints?
razorBlades is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 17:20   #40
BHPian

It is extremely good. The comfort and the look are top class!
Chris_Xtreme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 20:33   #41
BANNED

I dont know if they its their branch or someone misusing the name,saw a new shop by same name near Lattice Bridge road thiruvanmiyur (opp lane to post office) .Must find out from Mohammed
joshguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 12:01   #42
BHPian

I went to JeewaJee's new showroom on saturday and got a pair of Hella Wind tones for my i10. I wanted to fit an arm rest but it would never fit.
I opted for DRLs instead.

The showroom itself is quite spacious and the work area is large as well.

Met Mohammad and he was very good in dealing with everything. He never pushed me to buy any accessory and in fact refused a few accessories which I asked on the grounds of not fitting, not suiting the weather conditions etc.,

There was an initial hiccup with the wiring of the horn and when I took it back, it was promptly fixed.

A highly recommended place for accessories
para_7k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 01:40   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I dont know if they its their branch or someone misusing the name,saw a new shop by same name near Lattice Bridge road thiruvanmiyur (opp lane to post office) .Must find out from Mohammed
This outlet is very close to my home. I decided to check it out today after getting my car washed and waxed at Car Cares.

Was looking for a cover for my Optra as the current one is old and has become quite dirty. The guy who was handling the store was very helpful and suggested two kinds. I took the 30% waterproof type. Next, I wanted to get the sun film removed from the rear windshield. Turns out they remove sun-films as well. It took a while to remove the film and the residual glue, as it was almost 10 years old. But the end result was fantastic! The guy who did the removal was extremely thorough and focused. Full marks

Sadly, they didn't have stock of jopasu duster. Also got a gel based air freshener. Great place, friendly service and knowledgeable people. Will visit them again, soon, to get a new stereo for my car.
Old 13th August 2013, 19:02   #44
BHPian

Upon request from the proprietor Mohammed, here are some pics of his new shop on Chamiers Road, near Park Sheraton, which I clicked today, while my 2010 Verna SX was being ICEd. (Will post separately on the ICE stuff)
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_175344.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_180120.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_175358.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_175406.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_175426.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_175436.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_175444.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_175452.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_175841.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_175924.jpg  

VSG12777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 19:14   #45
BHPian

Few more of the display of various types of seat covers fitted ...
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_180136.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_180317.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_180327.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-20130813_180336.jpg  

VSG12777 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed