Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2013, 18:26   #46
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
This outlet is very close to my home. I decided to check it out today after getting my car washed and waxed at Car Cares.

Sadly, they didn't have stock of jopasu duster. Also got a gel based air freshener. Great place, friendly service and knowledgeable people. Will visit them again, soon, to get a new stereo for my car.
I also saw this shop four or five months back. Mr Taheer is the young man who runs it and I found him to be very pleasant. Seems that they are all related. I got the seat covers for my Vista done there the first time. The covers were made to order and it came on the day he promised and the care taken was good. I don't remember the exact price. Yesterday I got the Alpine original head unit of my Grande MKII replaced with a Blaupunkt Helsinki 220 BT. It cost me a sum of Rs 7650/- including the fitting. The job was done in less than 30 minutes and it was neatly done... When I checked with him in the morning he didn't have the unit and confirmed that he would get it in the late afternoon and he got it as promised.
He does have the Jopasu's now in stock.
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 23:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
I also saw this shop four or five months back. Mr Taheer is the young man who runs it and I found him to be very pleasant. Seems that they are all related. He does have the Jopasu's now in stock.
Yup. He is a very nice chap.

I wanted to replace the centre console of my car. But being an out of production car, spares are hard to come by for the Optra.
Taheer genuinely took up the case of finding the right centre console. Sadly, the parts he received were not for the first generation Optra.
I guess it was for the Magnum, which won't fit in my car. He apologized profusely for the mix-up.
Something that franchise owners just don't do these days .

Good to know that he has got the Jopasu in stock. Hope he saves one for me. Will go collect it from him soon. Thanks for the heads up mate
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 09:45   #48
BHPian

My Grande MKII is now nearing 4 years and since I have decided to keep it for another two years more I decided to change the seat covers and went to Jeeawjee, Thiruvanmiyur. I chose the more expensive art leather and went for a tight fit. I think they call it a OEM fit or something like that. It cost me 14.5K for all the three rows and I am really happy with the fit. The service was good and the whole fitment process took nearly 7 hours.
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 21:23   #49
BHPian

Hi

I recently added some seat covers to my vento tsi from jeewajee anna nagar. Main requisite was a darker colour since I was finding it a nightmare to maintain it with my 2.5year old .

Wanted to go for leather in black or the dashboard colour ; but was dissuaded from it by the guy in charge " Mathin" since I mentioned to him that I might leave the car idle for a few months in a year .

Finally decided upon " U-CHEER" model from "autoform" in cola and beige colour combo. Cola because I had already opted for the brown colour nomad mats from 3M

Time between placing order and fitting was just about a week. Fitting took about 3 hours. Could not see it personally , but was pleasantly surprised when I saw the final fit and finish .

Nice job done , especially by Mathin & shabbu.

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1392738712.836623.jpgSeat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1392738732.081668.jpgSeat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1392738747.608565.jpg

Will post more pictures if someone else interested!
atlantis0965 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 22:25   #50
BHPian

[quote][Will post more pictures if someone else interested!/QUOTE]

Please post more pictures with close zoom. The seat covers looks fantastic and the fitting is perfect. Also post the pictures of the mats. What material are they made of. Is it synthetic leather or suade fabric.

What is the total cost of the seat covers and 3M nomad mats? Is it a
Old 25th February 2014, 12:43   #51
BHPian

Hi mints21

Sorry about the late reply!

The total cost of the seat covers was 10500 including courier and fitting charges.Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393312247.040327.jpgSeat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393312278.671915.jpgSeat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1393312321.755669.jpg

I was already a bit familiar with the nomad mats because I had used them onboard the ships and they are pretty good in removing dirt hiding them in the coils.
I did not know 3M had them for cars. So when I saw them this time I got it from them.
Of course I need to do some final finishing for the mats because I wanted to cover as much floor space as possible.
atlantis0965 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 07:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

I visited their thiruvanmiyur branch to buy a reverse horn given Chennai's ninja pedestrians.

Tahir was there. He was rather courteous, knowledgeable and had decent rates for seat covers (3200 for fabric seat covers from elegant brand). I bought a wash n wax from him as well.
Here is the photo. This is at the very end of lattice bridge road in a side street.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140306_073450.png
Views: 6038
Size:  451.8 KB
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 02:10   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
I visited their thiruvanmiyur branch to buy a reverse horn given Chennai's ninja pedestrians.

Tahir was there. He was rather courteous, knowledgeable and had decent rates for seat covers (3200 for fabric seat covers from elegant brand). I bought a wash n wax from him as well.
Here is the photo. This is at the very end of lattice bridge road in a side street.

Attachment 1215781
FYI This doesn't belong to the original jeewajee,they have only two branches 1 anna nagar 2 chamiers roas.
joshguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 04:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
FYI This doesn't belong to the original jeewajee,they have only two branches 1 anna nagar 2 chamiers roas.
Do post photos of the originalso others can distinguish! This is #facepalm
Old 18th March 2014, 14:18   #55
BHPian

Just had a chat with Taher regarding this confusion about "Not the original Jewajee".

The two branches of Jewajee car decor(Anna Nagar & Chamiers Road) are run by his cousin. That would be Mohammed. Taher is responsible for this outlet at Thiruvanmiyur.

All the outlets bear the same company name, as they are from the same family. However, businesses are run separately.

PS - Moderators: I am not, in any way, affiliated with Jewajee Car Decors. I am posting this information based on the interaction I had with Taher.
If this post is not in acceptance with Team-Bhp rules, please feel free to delete it. I wanted to clear out the confusion caused by the previous posts.
sourav9385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 21:13   #56
BHPian

Never visit the Thiruvanmiyur Shop for any ICE or audio installs . They dont have any good installers for them .However , they are very good at seat covers fitting, mats ,etc.
They screwed up my car's dash and their rates are very high compared to others.
I wouldn't visit them another time for any audio installation.
Old 6th April 2014, 11:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
Never visit the Thiruvanmiyur Shop for any ICE or audio installs . They dont have any good installers for them .However , they are very good at seat covers fitting, mats ,etc.
They screwed up my car's dash and their rates are very high compared to others.
I wouldn't visit them another time for any audio installation.
I had a different experience there. The price he offered for my ICE was the cheaper than others. I had no problems with the installation, but the fit out was rather a straight job, replacement of my existing single DIN unit with another... I hung around during the replacement. The chap who did the fitting came from elsewhere and didn't seem to be full time employee but his job was very neat...
Old 8th April 2014, 12:31   #58
BHPian

I think it is unfair to post reviews of M. Jewajee & Co on the thread that is started with details of Jewajee Car Decors Anna Nagar (and now also at Chamiers Road).

Considering that Mr. Taher himself has accepted that his business is different from Jewajee car decors, would humbly suggest to tbhpians to provide feedback on Mr. Taher's shop on a new thread to be fair to both shops.
Sridhar K is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 10:23   #59
BHPian

got seat covers for my 4 year old Polo from Jeewajee (Chamiers road) a few days back. Went for the beige - black combo from Dolphin, cost Rs 6000 including labour. found Mohammed to be a very friendly chap & he told the pros & cons of various types of seat covers. also bought a Jopasu duster for 500 bucks.

customer service rocks at this place - before fitting the seat covers, the guys cleaned my car interiors thoroughly using vacuum & also cleaned the exterior with jopasu after the seats were fitted.

in all, for rs 6500, I came out as a happy customer
vw19d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 17:42   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw19d View Post
in all, for rs 6500, I came out as a happy customer
Hello BHPian

I hope the seats were taken out & the seat covers were stitched up as per the original profile. I planned to do seat covers for my brother's Honda Brio this week. Can you share some after fitment snaps. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks