Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:37   #1
BANNED

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)

Shop: Jeewajee Decors

Product
: Car Seat Covers and accessories

All types of seat covers leather and artificial leathers are available .

Price : I felt it was bit more than nominal ,so you need to negotiate and if he sees TEAM BHP sticker he gives you more attention

I had my swifts seats (autofoam)done here for 6000 along with steering cover.

+Would recommend only for seat covers
+Good demo and workmanship
+Promise kept up in time of delivery
- doest allow you to negotiate /no discount
- no facility to sit when your car is being done

Other shops for Seats are

-Royapettah opp to Erlich laboratory: My dad has gone there for his Amby and fiat and they are in this business for a long time
- once i saw them doing a top for Jeep

http://www.jeewajeecardecor.co.in/

There are only two branches - Annanagar and Teynampet

The Teynampet Showroom is very spacious and is very well stocked with sample seats and accessories.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd December 2015 at 09:26. Reason: Adding additional info as requested :)
joshguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2010, 14:39   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Shop: Jeewajee Decors

Product
: Car Seat Covers and accessories

All types of seat covers leather and artificial leathers are available .

Price : I felt it was bit more than nominal ,so you need to negotiate and if he sees TEAM BHP sticker he gives you more attention

I had my swifts seats (autofoam)done here for 6000 along with steering cover.

+Would recommend only for seat covers
+Good demo and workmanship
+Promise kept up in time of delivery
- doest allow you to negotiate /no discount
- no facility to sit when your car is being done

-Royapettah opp to Erlich laboratory: My dad has gone there for his Amby and fiat and they are in this business for a long time
Contact person is Mohamed and can be contacted @ 9884392390
Old 4th June 2010, 14:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

joshguy, is this the Jeewajee on 2nd Avenue, Anna Nagar? If so, his work on seat covers and sun film is top notch. The bearded owner reads Team BHP and even claims to have met Sam Kapasi at a JBL meet in Goa.

The shop is decent for basic ICE as well. Installation is decent. I recently got a pair of JBL GTO 948s installed there. He will give you the best possible B&W rate. And yeah you can bargain. I got nearly 500 off. Don't expect him to match the prices of GP road grey market stuff though. If you say you are a TBHP member, he is willing to do the installation at a nominal rate even if you buy grey stuff from GP road and bring it there.

He has a big sheltered area inside his coumpond to do the installs, so no need to stand on the road unlike nearly every other accessories shop.

He also stocks some very good genuine car perfumes. 90% of the Poppy perfumes you see in supermarkets are fake, but this guy has the real thing.

Contact info and range of products sold available here: http://jeewajeecardecor.com/

Last edited by Gilead : 4th June 2010 at 14:51.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:26   #4
BANNED

@GiLEAD Jeewajee is next to saravana bhavan when going from Thirumangalam to roundtana.
Old 5th June 2010, 17:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post

The Name of that Shop is "Mehra Brothers" and the guy is Robin Mehra. Very sweet guy and very enterprising.
Old 5th June 2010, 18:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

He also stocks some very good genuine car perfumes. 90% of the Poppy perfumes you see in supermarkets are fake, but this guy has the real thing.
100% true. I was using Poppy's got from other stores for cheap prices. I got one here when I changed my car seat covers and the perfume was amazing. Easily understood why the others were cheap....
Old 5th June 2010, 19:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
100% true. I was using Poppy's got from other stores for cheap prices. I got one here when I changed my car seat covers and the perfume was amazing. Easily understood why the others were cheap....

How do you differentiate genuine perfumes from fakes?

Also, does anyone knows how to differentiate Original Hella from "Original" Hella horns?
Old 5th June 2010, 22:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I don't know about other perfumes like My Shaldan etc, but I have seen and bought original Mr Poppy overseas so I know which one is fake and which one is real just by looking at the packaging. Fake ones even come with some weird flavors that are not there in the original. The ones sold in Food World, Nilgiris, Star Bazaar and Big Bazaar are fake. Landmark has original ones.
Old 9th June 2010, 20:12   #9
BHPian

I need a steering wheel cover for my Figo - will look here, thanks.
Old 10th June 2010, 09:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta OE leather steering cover that comes on the SXi/S should be a direct fit on the Figo. High quality material and great fit and finish. It's expensive though. Pic for reference. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...delivered.html
Old 10th June 2010, 18:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, does anyone knows how to differentiate Original Hella from "Original" Hella horns?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1929006

Shop4Hella.com

You can purchase them online here!
Old 11th June 2010, 12:43   #12
BANNED

Quote:

Hi Vikram

Original hellas are available at SANDHYA which is near Entekeralam and Dhanas Electricals opp to LAL

You can also purchase BOSCH and HELLA at HAUTE CAR ZONE in OMR
Old 16th July 2010, 18:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

It is nice to know some genuine dealers for the original perfume and the seat covers. It is true that most of the times we are duped for the perfumes. I did got duped in Madurai when I bought a perfume on my travel from Madurai. Though it was a auto accessories shop the quality of the perfume was too poor. Beware of purchases of car perfumes in on the way shops.
Old 6th September 2010, 17:20   #14
BHPian

Do the jeewajee guys do additional cushioning for the driver seat? After a difficult weekend of crazy back pain, the doc has told me that I have a very weak lower back and as of wednesday I will be driving almost 50km in a day till shollingalur from royapettah.
I desperately need to see if I can get more cushioning done and my seat covers refit in my verna which doesnt provide too much support. Anyone have experience in this?
Also, does anyone have any idea about xenos in nandanam and their seat cover work? Couldnt find any info on the forum for this.
Old 12th September 2010, 10:32   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Do the jeewajee guys do additional cushioning for the driver seat? After a difficult weekend of crazy back pain, the doc has told me that I have a very weak lower back and as of wednesday I will be driving almost 50km in a day till shollingalur from royapettah.
I desperately need to see if I can get more cushioning done and my seat covers refit in my verna which doesnt provide too much support. Anyone have experience in this?
Also, does anyone have any idea about xenos in nandanam and their seat cover work? Couldnt find any info on the forum for this.
Hi Jeewajee will definitely do such cushioning ,but i would suggest you the shop which is diagonally opp to Erlich Laboratory -Mehra Brothers (ie just in the entrance of balajii nagar)

And i do have the same problem,i try to sit as erect as possible so that i dont get pain.

BTW the long pending photos of my swift.Seats done by Jeewajee

Sorry for the picture quality it was taken in my mobile

Comments please
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-12092010433.jpg  

Seat Covers : Jeewajee Decors (Chennai)-12092010432.jpg  

Most Viewed