Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2012, 17:09   #46
BHPian

Re: TyreStore (Chennai)

Ok on advise from fellow BHPian Bala, am going here tomorrow instead of BM Lal. Hopefully I find good alloys for my vento. Do we need to book appointments before coming in on the weekend ?

Last edited by SR-71 : 10th February 2012 at 17:10.
Old 10th February 2012, 17:17   #47
BHPian

Good store; personalized service from a knowledgable, hands-on chap. I have positive experience with Deepak. Better you book an appointment as he's always booked on weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Ok on advise from fellow BHPian Bala, am going here tomorrow instead of BM Lal. Hopefully I find good alloys for my vento. Do we need to book appointments before coming in on the weekend ?

Last edited by ssh1979 : 10th February 2012 at 17:19.
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:55   #48
BHPian

Just came back from replacing my tyres. Great customer service and hospitality. Professional service.

Was offered good deal on tyres without negotiation. 50% discount on balancing , alignment & N2. Complimentary My Shaldan perfume.

Would highly recommend this place to others.
Old 28th September 2012, 14:47   #49
BHPian

Early this month I replaced 4 tires of WagonR with Michelin XM2 155/65/13 at Tyre Store.
Overall experience was good, dealt with Deepak as well as his father, while the latter was more friendly in my experience.
The overall deal was good (PM for details) and could get 26/12 tires.
Old XM1 tires had done 45k KM and had enough tread for another 5k KM, but decided to change as they were almost 6 years old.
Would recommend this place, T-BHP members are recognized and treated well.
As someone had pointed out earlier, the price offered for old tires is ridiculously low.
In my case I had done my home work and sold the old tires to a road side shop for a better deal, otherwise you will get struck.
So take care of this especially.

Last edited by Habanero City : 28th September 2012 at 14:50.
Old 11th January 2014, 20:20   #50
BHPian

Went to this place for purchasing new tyres for my beat. Got 4 michelin XM2 (175/65/14) tires. I should say, I experienced a good customer service. I was shown Pirelli and Michelin. They didn't have continental tires in stock for my configuration. I was not charged for wheel balancing, wheel alignment and Nitrogen air for tires as I mentioned about Team-BHP membership.
Old 13th February 2014, 18:00   #51
BHPian

Changed all four tyres for my Figo couple of weeks back at Tyrestore. Michelin. No bargains, even for Team-BHPians. Paid Rs 5100/tyre.
Changed to alloys as well. Rs 14000 for four alloys.
Got a discount of Rs 100/old steel rim.

Not sure this is reasonable or rip-off. Fellow BHPians from Chennai may comment.

I have to admit; the service was good, wheel balancing was perfect. The car just flies with the new rubber and I am becoming more addictive to Figo'ing .
Old 13th February 2014, 19:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

I've met Deepak when I changed a single tyre for my Figo. He is quite reasonable. May not be the best rates, but not as dirty as Lal's.
@T-bird: did you upsize the tyres? Please post pics of the new alloys.
Old 16th February 2014, 09:29   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habanero City View Post
The overall deal was good (PM for details) and could get 26/12 tires.
Old XM1 tires had done 45k KM and had enough tread for another 5k KM, but decided to change as they were almost 6 years old.
Would recommend this place, T-BHP members are recognized and treated well.
As someone had pointed out earlier, the price offered for old tires is ridiculously low.
In my case I had done my home work and sold the old tires to a road side shop for a better deal, otherwise you will get struck.
So take care of this especially.
I guess its always the case - Old tyres are taken at scrap value in professional stores as they do not sell it to any other customer.
Old 16th February 2014, 12:41   #54
BHPian

I have had my stock tyres on my i10 replaced here with Michelin Xm2 tyres.
IMO a no nonsense place. i got nothing for my old tyres since they had already done about 32000 kms.
They had also just opened an accessories shop two doors away dealing with Wurth products mainly and also some ICE.
I added an 2 din alpine head unit( with BT capability) and alpine G-series co-axial speakers to the rear doors. ( already had infinity components on the front).
The reason for the ICE job was because i originally wanted to go for alloys along with the tyre change and was dissuaded by mr.deepak to just change the tyres since the car was already 3.5 years old; and hence had some budget left over.!
Like I read here earlier; the older gentleman was more friendlier of the two.
Overall a good place I would say.
Old 7th March 2014, 11:55   #55
BHPian

Changed my tyres yesterday. Replaced the existing Yokos with Michelin on my Punto.

The Yokos were also installed in Tyrestore.

Would I recommend the place? Yes, recommended for -

- Fair dealing

- Fair opinions

- Fair price

I don't like negotiations, sweet talks or pressing something. I researched on what I wanted and got the exact same in Tyrestore.
Old 31st July 2014, 19:38   #56
Senior - BHPian

Just got my 3rd set of Michelins from Deepak. Clean and transparent dealing, fast and clean service. Prices may not be the best in the market, but service quality makes up for it.

Highly recommended if you like no-nonsense tyre change/maintenance.
Old 14th September 2014, 09:28   #57
BHPian

Went to Tyrestore yesterday for upsizing and alloys for my i10. The person is really knowledgable and he went an extra mile to get the kind of alloy that I was looking for.

Highly recommended.
Old 16th September 2014, 02:13   #58
BHPian

Slightly off topic but I have been purchasing tyres for both my cars at Tyrestore since 2006 and doing the occasional alignment/balancing here too. Today I went to MRF tyredrome and felt the huge difference between their equipment and quality of work. The alignment done by robotic equipment at MRF tyredrome took about 40+ minutes and a thorough job at that. The MRF guys are constantly supervised and do not stop till they are completely satisfied. I was amazed at their dedication as well as their low rates. Their pro series Karcher automated washer is an amazing thing to watch in action. Water wash ranges from 225-300rs. I wonder why anyone would go elsewhere and why it took me 14 years to try it out😡
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 11:02   #59
BHPian

I am taking delivery of my Storme this week and went to Tyrestore to inquire the buyback for the OE Bridgestone and put in new Michelin LTX A/T. Shockingly i was quoited a measly 4500/tyre as buyback and quoted 9000 for each Michelin. That is in stark difference to the Bangalore rates which a BHP'ian got this weekend. He was given 6000/tyre and quoted 8500 per Michelin.

While i understand that they are best at what they do, but paying that much difference is not acceptable in my opinion.
Old 20th November 2014, 15:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
IWhile i understand that they are best at what they do, but paying that much difference is not acceptable in my opinion.
DO try out Padmavathy tyres Porur. I know it is pretty far away, but giving it a try once would not do harm.

Please speak to Sanjay at the Porur branch. I personally felt comfortable talking to him rather than his brother Mr. Vinay. Sanjay should throw in a sweeter deal.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...m-chennai.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks