Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2014, 20:51   #61
BHPian

Re: TyreStore (Chennai)

With much reading for last few days and change of tyres is must-to-do now (have already clocked 45k Km's with the stock tyres) - went to Tyrestore today and had a good talk with Deepak. We spoke about my shoe purchase in Oxford street (London) and his experience in Autobahn, Germany. Definitely a non-nonsense guy and if you are interested in extending the automobile topic, he like to have a good conversation with you. He managed multiple customer at the same time.

On my preference to upsize (195/60 R15) he recommended - Michelin Primacy 3 ST and quoted 25k - inclusive of WA, WB and Nitro. No charges for C.Card.
My old one gone to trash bin straight. Not a penny more, not a penny less ;(. But then, am not complaining !!!

One thing which I am not sure is - he said Yokohama does not have this size in market. But remember someone mentioning in this forum about its availability. Also, the only alternative he suggested is 'continental' which am not very confident with.

Am only hoping - with the credibility he/his shop has built so far is still maintained and continue to be.

I do not have complaint on price, but yes - could have liked better comparisons and suggestions (with the latest in market) - than what is there on the shelf/stock !!!

Last edited by gjiyap1 : 6th December 2014 at 21:13.
Old 6th December 2014, 21:46   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
One thing which I am not sure is - he said Yokohama does not have this size in market. But remember someone mentioning in this forum about its availability. Also, the only alternative he suggested is 'continental' which am not very confident with.
!!!
Hello,

Am currently running on the same size 195/60 R15 Yokohamas and recently changed to MRF ZLOs. I bought the yokos around 3 years back and have seen these tyres in tyre shops recently.

Any reason you did not consider the MRFs?
Old 7th December 2014, 18:40   #63
BHPian

@TorqMaster - i asked for 'Earth1'. May be that was not available. Assume - yours is A-drive.

No specific reason for not considering MRF. I was leaning towards Yokohama / Michelin. And was relying more on deepak's knowledge than mine
Old 2nd March 2019, 23:23   #64
ike
BHPian

I had been to tyrestore today to get new tyres for my S-cross and the experience was good. BHPian ARD1955 recommended this place and he's been buying tyres from here for generations, he got new tyres for his Alto as well along with me. Deepak & his dad Mr. Loon Chand are very friendly, forthcoming & knowledgeable when it comes to tyres. I got Michelin Primacy 4 for 8,300INR/tyre(including installation/WA/WB). Tyres were manufactured in Nov'18. I did not want to go to Lal's after getting multiple negative feedback about their arrogance and workmanship.

There was absolutely no room for any negotiation and no buy back of the old tyres. While I did not save any money, the quality of work done, the well trained work force & the state of the art equipment is worth the premium.

Abhi's Alto with new footwear
Attached Thumbnails
TyreStore (Chennai)-whatsapp-image-20190302-17.21.23.jpeg  

TyreStore (Chennai)-whatsapp-image-20190302-15.32.50.jpeg  

TyreStore (Chennai)-img_20190302_162529.jpg  

ike is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 13:33   #65
BHPian

I spent some time at the new "Tyrestore" which was earlier in Graemes Road and has now shifted to Thousand Lights (Next to KTM Showroom as soon as you get down from Gemini Flyover, the store is to your left)
I took a friend along to get the tyres replaced on his i20. Michelin is my usual choice but my friend other plans, he went in for a set Yokohama BluEarth - GT (AE 51) updated pattern from the AE 50. Look at the manufacturing date (1421); 14th Week of 2021 which was last week. Generally, you get to buy tyres that are a minimum of 3 - 6 months old but this is like your "once in a blue moon" event, doesn't happen that often. But since these are Made in and for India, you might start seeing fresher stocks on the shelves.

New Address: 416, Anna Salai, next to KTM Motorcycle Showroom, Thousand Lights West, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006

Google Maps Pin : https://g.page/Tyrestorechennai?share
Attached Thumbnails
TyreStore (Chennai)-whatsapp-image-20210415-17.34.54.jpeg  

TyreStore (Chennai)-whatsapp-image-20210415-17.35.14.jpeg  

TyreStore (Chennai)-whatsapp-image-20210415-17.50.42.jpeg  

ard1955 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 10:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

I was some 100 km from Tirunelveli in south TN yesterday when my left rear tire, an almost brand new 285/50r18 Michelin installed at Tyrestore 3 months back and already done some 8500 km, suddenly blew out.

I was under a bridge that had been closed for road work and was crawling behind other vehicles at 20 kph rather than a 3.2 endeavour’s usual speeds as a result, which probably saved my life. Probably hit a sharp bit of iron or debris and blew out :(

Once I got the spare tyre installed (17 incher), I called Mr. Loonchand (sethji) and he immediately managed to arrange a replacement from Michelin and is putting it on a travels bus to Tirunelveli today evening so I will get it tomorrow.

I offered to pay an advance and he said “Sir you are dealing with Loonchand! I know you and trust you so please come back to chennai at your convenience and we can discuss”.

He may not entertain bargaining but nobody repeat nobody else I can think of in Chennai or TN can source an 18 inch Michelin tyre at the drop of a hat, and then so generously and proactively extend support.
Attached Thumbnails
TyreStore (Chennai)-fb04228e2b8a4071b51142f4345a0797.jpeg  

hserus is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks