Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 16:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

How about a poll on the recommendations for a specific vendor/dealer?
Old 8th June 2010, 18:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Sorry for being OT here. Yes I am happy with the service offered by Lals. The only thing is the number of vehicles queup for alignments. The better way to get your car looked upon soon is by being there at the shop at 9AM sharp and making it to the shop on a weekday. Week ends there will be atleasty 6 -7 cars waiting for alignment and you will end up being there for atlest 2 hrs.
6-7 cars ? you will see an army of indica's and Sumo's

You should be lucky if you are seen.

I visited Raja Tyres on TBHP's recommendation, met Pramod a decent chap, helped me decide on the rims by putting on 3 different alloys on the car.

He also gave me the best deal in chennai for A-Drives, free Balancing, Alignment and Nitrogen + a Hot Chai
Old 8th June 2010, 22:07   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for being OT here. Yes I am happy with the service offered by Lals. The only thing is the number of vehicles queup for alignments. The better way to get your car looked upon soon is by being there at the shop at 9AM sharp and making it to the shop on a weekday. Week ends there will be atleasty 6 -7 cars waiting for alignment and you will end up being there for atlest 2 hrs.
Even i am happy with the lal pricing and service.

But the only problem is it is crowded.
Old 8th June 2010, 22:40   #19
BANNED

i heard of this tyre store in greams road thru a news article and this thread.I know Lal enterprises for the past 20odd years and am regular there.as some one pointed out crowd is the only problem there.he stocks all size of tyre and showroom is good too. I Will definitely recommend Lal. Another place is MRF TYREDROME OPP TO chola sheraton.they are very professional and do a good job.But you need to take prior appointment to get your slot
Old 9th June 2010, 10:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

There are more recommendations for Lal in this thread than for TyreStore. Can someone write a separate review for Lal please.
Old 9th June 2010, 11:58   #21
BHPian

i have been going to lal for a really long time, other than the xf all my cars go to lal,the xf though goes to the tyre store.
Old 11th June 2010, 17:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

I had got my Civic's OE tyres exchanged for Michelin PLCs out of showroom and went on to replace all 5 tyres of my Esteem as well, the next day. Overall, it was a nice experience though I dont think I saved some money. Neverthless, as Nitrous has pointed out, I am happy to have paid for the service.

Deepak was quite knowledgeable and suggested me to stick to the stock size for my Civic and not go in for the upsize of 205/65/R15 for which I had originally planned. I would choose to go back to Tyrestore for my future needs.

Last edited by rr_zen : 11th June 2010 at 17:02.
Old 14th June 2010, 21:57   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Lals at Whites road (next to the TVS petrol pump) charges 250 for alignment with additional 3 alignments free for the next 6000Kms. Does tyrestore provides the additional alignments free?
I just mine done in the weekend (after seeing your post!). I was charged Rs 450! while the initial quote was Rs. 600!
Old 15th June 2010, 10:57   #24
BHPian

I also went to tyrestore on saturday (around 3:30), got wheel alignment,balancing and rotation done. I was charged Rs.640 (seems there is no discounts even if for bhp'ians :-). But i'm satisfied with their work. Deepak himself verified the work once done, there he found that wrong threaded wheel nuts. He corrected it by his own. I'm happy with the service anyway.
Old 15th June 2010, 11:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Earlier i used to go to this shop, but now i am really pissed off with unfriendly attitude. First couple of times i went there i was charged 400 for alignment and 150 per tyre for balancing. When i went there this march i was charged 400 for alignment and 100 for balancing, upon asking they refused that they had charged me 150 before. Anyways i was not complaining because of the service i get.

Then i had gone there for puncture repair there. I was there around 10am, was asked to come back after 1 hour. then again they asked me for come around 2pm, again at 2pm refused to do it. At last i got it done at lal's. I don't have any problem in waiting or coming back if the place is crowded but calling a customer 3 times and then refusing to do it, its just wrong.

Again i went there few day back for puncture repair, charged 300 bucks for repair. Same mushroom tyre repair cost 150rs at lal's. I asked the owner and told him that at lal's its 150bucks. Then i was told rudely that i should go to lal's then rather than there place. And that what i am planning to do.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2010, 12:13   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lals at Whites road (next to the TVS petrol pump) charges 250 for alignment with additional 3 alignments free for the next 6000Kms. Does tyrestore provides the additional alignments free?

are you sure ? what car are you referring to and does it come with alloys or steel wheel ?

my OHC with alloys was charged Rs450 at one of the Lal outlets ( this one is exactly opp to the one you are referring to )
btw - all of you would be aware that the entire area has some 4/5 Lal outlets of different brothers i presume.

and this one offers 1 free check up within 2 months or 6000kms
Old 15th June 2010, 12:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

@ Rahul, that's a horrible experience that you have from these guys!
Old 15th June 2010, 13:09   #28
BHPian

@ Rahul. Thats a bad experieice that you went through. Glad that you had the patience to visit the shop thrice to get your issue fixed up. I dont understand why you go back to the same shop even afetr repeated issues with customer service at that place. I would have walked off saying thanks for their wonderful service.

Guys, regarding the discussion on Lals, I have answered most of your questions in the following thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...ml#post1937088
Let us discuss Lals Tyre store issues there.
Old 15th June 2010, 18:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

^^ i had good response from them in first couple of times, thats why went there. Its also near to my office. but i don't think i will be going to that place anymore.
Old 15th June 2010, 21:04   #30
BHPian

I have done business with them and I would highly recommend them.

I like their transparency in doing the work. Not even once, they have acted in a 'Customer knows nothing' way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks