Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 16:50   #31
BHPian

No idea dude. Please do check the Winshield sunfilm thread here under accessories sub-forum. I am sure you would be able to find different ratings. Please doc all up balaji and ask for quotes.
Old 29th July 2010, 18:02   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
No idea dude. Please do check the Winshield sunfilm thread here under accessories sub-forum. I am sure you would be able to find different ratings. Please doc all up balaji and ask for quotes.
Sure, I'll head to them & ask directly.
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:21   #33
BANNED

Quote:
The cost is around 3500 for the winscreen (3M). I enquired last week, it includes installation and warranty. The film quoted has 70% Heat rejection. Sorry that I forgot to get the serial number of their film.

* actually, I am also looking at getting sunfilm for my winshield, but I want to wait till the moonsoon is over.
3500 seems to be cheap ,but please check if its specially made for windshield.

LLumar charges 5500 and its transparent,One of my friend has it is his FIGO and its working fine in cutting the heat.Where as my another friend has fixed a light colour 3M in his swift which of no use(charge was 2500 at Ratna stickers)

If you are looking for llumar let me know
Old 4th August 2010, 00:38   #34
BHPian

RE 70 would cost atleast Rs 7000 and this is the film which was to be used in the front windshield. Rs 3500 seems to be too low and check what category it is .
Old 4th August 2010, 00:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

I think RE series is cheap, CR series is around 6k for front
Old 4th August 2010, 01:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
RE 70 would cost atleast Rs 7000 and this is the film which was to be used in the front windshield. Rs 3500 seems to be too low and check what category it is .
You got it the other way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
I think RE series is cheap, CR series is around 6k for front
Yup, RE is cheaper than CR - and CR is the windscreen / premium film, which costs ~7000.
Old 4th August 2010, 02:03   #37
BHPian

oops..mybad...You are right ..its CR 70.
Old 4th August 2010, 08:04   #38
BHPian

oh, yea RE was quoted at 3500 rs. I will enquire CR 70 (or whatever series) and let you guys know. The main reason why I am going for front glass Sunfilm is to reduce the dashboard glare.

I had Garware fitted on my door glasses and boot from the dealer. But the install was bad. There seem to be bubbles and scratches on the sun film. Initially I thought of getting it reinstalled from Balaji, but before that I called the dealer and explained to him this issue. He asked me not to worry and said he would reinstall the entire thing by today. Since I have the first service scheduled in 2 weeks time, I told him I will have it done during that time.

Last edited by MutantX : 4th August 2010 at 08:07.
Old 4th August 2010, 14:02   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Josh guy,

The job of Car spa seems not satisfactory. Our forum members are reporting negative reports on their commitments. Where as Balaji is getting some positive reports. So I am planning for Balaji and will post the effect of their job in September end.
Navan are you talking about the CAR SPA in Tnagar or CARZ Spa in Nandanam.

The CAR SPA is opp to Bharthiraja Hospital
Old 5th August 2010, 21:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The main reason why I am going for front glass Sunfilm is to reduce the dashboard glare..

try polarized sun glasses, dont think sunfilm would help
Old 5th August 2010, 23:57   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
LLumar charges 5500 and its transparent,One of my friend has it is his FIGO and its working fine in cutting the heat.

If you are looking for llumar let me know
Dude, Does the Llumar is better than 3M or both are equally good? My budget for front windscreen for my swift is 4k max. Can i get a good one for the price I've mentioned or need to raise up? Also heard duplicate Llumars are found on the market. Could you edify me?
Old 10th August 2010, 22:34   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
Dude, Does the Llumar is better than 3M or both are equally good? My budget for front windscreen for my swift is 4k max. Can i get a good one for the price I've mentioned or need to raise up? Also heard duplicate Llumars are found on the market. Could you edify me?
Hi Ram

4k will not be enough ,it will cost 4.8 or 5k .Llumar is better than 3m,Only llumar have special ceramic coated front windshield film,other just stick the lightest film on the windshield.

If you need details on the Llumar PM me.i will help you.
Old 11th August 2010, 01:40   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi Ram

4k will not be enough ,it will cost 4.8 or 5k .Llumar is better than 3m,Only llumar have special ceramic coated front windshield film,other just stick the lightest film on the windshield.

If you need details on the Llumar PM me.i will help you.
You have a pm brother.
Old 11th August 2010, 08:48   #44
BHPian

Whizzkid, please also checkout at genuinecaraccessories.com - this is a shop in T.Nagar. Thw owner gives some good tips and sounds very authentic.

Please also let me know the cost for the Llumar sunfilm for windscreen. I might have to install it for my i10. My prime concern is about the visibility when it rains. *I am stupid* But I would like to ask this question.

My question is: Would the visibility be affected during rains when windscreen sunfilm is installed?

Last edited by MutantX : 11th August 2010 at 08:52.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whizzkid, please also checkout at genuinecaraccessories.com - this is a shop in T.Nagar. Thw owner gives some good tips and sounds very authentic.

Please also let me know the cost for the Llumar sunfilm for windscreen. I might have to install it for my i10. My prime concern is about the visibility when it rains. *I am stupid* But I would like to ask this question.

My question is: Would the visibility be affected during rains when windscreen sunfilm is installed?
I have the the 3M CR70 for about 6 months now, and have driven through some heavy Chennai and Bangalore rains. Until now, I haven't felt any visibility problems - the only thing I noticed was that the outer side of the windshield gets mildly foggy after every stroke from the wiper. There was a thread for that, and it was generally agreed (I do too) that it is not due to the sunfilm, but due to the AC / inside temperature of the car being way cooler than the outside. Infact even those without the front sunfilm reported the issue.

Most Viewed