Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 20:34   #136
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
@joshguy yes yes, ive sold the i10 :d I am getting the all new SWIFT. I was talking about the 3M sun film. I dont want to do the polish as it is a new car.

The sun film has to be basic and cost effective.
I would suggest a Llumar or vkool than 3M

LLumar will cost around 3700 to 4500 and vkool should be around 8k or more,I will vouch for Llumar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Isn't Kottivakkam on ECR?

and where exactly is Maruti Universal located?
MODS PLEASE MERGE THIS POST WITH THE EARLIER ONE

It is in the lane with is between Rayala tech park and HCL.That lane takes you ECR side kottivakkam.

I dont know if i can post phone numbers here so you can pm me if you need their details.

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th May 2012 at 00:41.
Old 6th December 2011, 16:35   #137
BHPian

Re: Authorized 3M dealer - Shri Balaji Agencies (Alwarpet, Chennai)

Based on review in this forum i did my sun films at Balaji for my Vento. I will have to rate their work just a 6 / 10. While the guys did a decent job for the front windscreen and the windows, i wont say the same about the quarter panels and rear windscreen cause there are small bubbles that i see. Also it helps to be near your car when they do the job as I experienced first hand based on how the other cars (customers not around) were being handled.

So if there are better places out there, you might want to try that. Fellow BHPian and Vento owner 'bala80' had a good experience at Jewaji Car Decors, Anna Nagar. I should have listened to him..

Last edited by SR-71 : 6th December 2011 at 16:36.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 19:13   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Based on review in this forum i did my sun films at Balaji for my Vento. I will have to rate their work just a 6 / 10. While the guys did a decent job for the front windscreen and the windows, i wont say the same about the quarter panels and rear windscreen cause there are small bubbles that i see. Also it helps to be near your car when they do the job as I experienced first hand based on how the other cars (customers not around) were being handled.

So if there are better places out there, you might want to try that. Fellow BHPian and Vento owner 'bala80' had a good experience at Jewaji Car Decors, Anna Nagar. I should have listened to him..
All installs with Bill and Warranty cover bubbles, tears etc within warranty period. If bubbles come, that is an installation issue with the installer. they will gladly replace the same for you.

Speak to them and infer what they say.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 7th December 2011 at 19:35.
Old 7th December 2011, 19:19   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post

I agree with Bharath. If there are bubbles, that needs to be rectified under warranty (including a replacement). Talk with them and I am sure that they will replace it.
Old 13th March 2012, 13:45   #140
BHPian

Got RE35 installed on my Civic from them yesterday. Very good experience. Dropped the car off at 11 in the morning and was promised delivery by 1 30. Got a call at 1 saying the job is done. They charged me Rs.5800/- for RE35 for the Civic which includes 300 bucks for removing the old film. Dealt with Janarthan and Sekar was the applicator. Would definitely recommend this place.

One complaint if any was that the windows on the outside were not clean and was soapy which they promptly cleaned when pointed out. Still would have preferred them to have done it before I got there.
Old 21st March 2012, 22:39   #141
BHPian

I did my sun film installation 2 weeks back at Balaji. I would rate their work 5/10 compared to the installers outside who do a good job. I would have expected a perfect job for
  • being an authorized distributor
  • given their asking price is on par with the other installers and
  • claims of the sales manager.
My feedback

1. Even after fixing up an appointment, there were a lot of vehicles lined up and one of my vehicles had to be parked outside for 3/4 of the time while the panels were being removed. I seriously don't know what an appointment means here.
2. The installer damaged a screw and the paint work on one of the doors. Wrong tools used.

Authorized 3M dealer - Shri Balaji Agencies (Alwarpet, Chennai)-photo-2.jpg

3. Dust from glass not cleaned properly before affixing the film. I see them as the film is drying up.
4. After fixing the film, the vehicle was not cleaned properly of the soap water sprays before handover.
5. Vehicles are not handled with care and cannot be left unattended. Personal supervision is required at all times.

I am going to leave things for a week to see how the films dry up and determine whether they have to be re-done.
thenomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:12   #142
BHPian

I called Balaji and asked them about the Sumfilm removal.

I have 3M RE35 - so they said it was a reflective type and had to be removed. Very Dark tints are also banned.

I had called him 2 weeks back and he said he charges Rs.300 when installing new film and the rate NOW is Rs.500.

Looks like fleecing to me. Totally unhappy. I've got Sunfilm on my rear windshield with defoggers, so I dont want to DIY.
Old 27th May 2012, 13:16   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I called Balaji and asked them about the Sumfilm removal.

I have 3M RE35 - so they said it was a reflective type and had to be removed. Very Dark tints are also banned.

I had called him 2 weeks back and he said he charges Rs.300 when installing new film and the rate NOW is Rs.500.

Looks like fleecing to me. Totally unhappy. I've got Sunfilm on my rear windshield with defoggers, so I dont want to DIY.
3M films are easy to remove. I removed mine (CS20) in my Linea in flat 35 minutes. Try removing yourself.
Old 27th May 2012, 13:25   #144
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
3M films are easy to remove. I removed mine (CS20) in my Linea in flat 35 minutes. Try removing yourself.
+1

I had RE35 on my Fiesta and I got them out clean in just 15 minutes. Just do a DIY and you will save time, money and energy in going to the shop.
Old 27th May 2012, 13:32   #145
BHPian

I got my driver to remove them and it was easy doozy. Just scratch one end and rip it out slowly. In 10 mins they were out. The gum was also easy to remove. Came out like Spiderman's web with a cotton cloth and Colin spray only.

But I had put Lumar tint on my WagonR and that tint is like 9+ years old. So removing the glue was a real pain. I had to use the thinner and blade approach. But got around 98% of it off.

But on both I left the read windshield tints on. No way I am going to remove them.

The post effects are no so good. My car is now always hot. The RE35 tint was exceptional in cutting out heat. The interiors were always cool. Now even in shade it gets very hot inside.
My wife uses the WagonR and while waiting in a traffic signal the rowdy elements make lewd remarks and gestures when she takes the car out.

Last edited by Brix : 27th May 2012 at 13:37.
Old 27th May 2012, 13:58   #146
BANNED

Quote:
I got my driver to remove them and it was easy doozy. Just scratch one end and rip it out slowly. In 10 mins they were out. The gum was also easy to remove. Came out like Spiderman's web with a cotton cloth and Colin spray only.

But I had put Lumar tint on my WagonR and that tint is like 9+ years old. So removing the glue was a real pain. I had to use the thinner and blade approach. But got around 98% of it off.

But on both I left the read windshield tints on. No way I am going to remove them.

The post effects are no so good. My car is now always hot. The RE35 tint was exceptional in cutting out heat. The interiors were always cool. Now even in shade it gets very hot inside.
My wife uses the WagonR and while waiting in a traffic signal the rowdy elements make lewd remarks and gestures when she takes the car out.
I am planning to to take a wait and watch approach till i am being fined.but why did you leave rear alone without removing ?

a big concern for me apart from heat is night driving without rear windshield films,our fellow drivers do not have the sense of driving in low beams so its going to be difficult.

secondly the car theft and break ins are going to increase as every thing kept in the car is going to be visible to rowdy elements..

BTW most of them are charging 500 for removing the films and few apartments associations are getting offers for 200

Last edited by joshguy : 27th May 2012 at 14:00.
Old 27th May 2012, 14:04   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I am planning to to take a wait and watch approach till i am being fined.but why did you leave rear alone without removing ?
I just dont like paying fines. He will charge Rs.100 then proceed to rip out the films and then make an entry on your vehicle. Thats 3 whammers on you. Worst thing is - he would attempt to rip out the rear windshield tint also and damage the rear defoggers and radio antenna.

Reg car theft - I just keep an old newspaper and chappal in the rear seat and nothing in the front seat.

I'm also thinking of getting those yellow films for my Figo. Would cut out the heat and be transparent. But they either look horrible or very classy.
Old 27th May 2012, 14:23   #148
BANNED

Quote:
I just dont like paying fines. He will charge Rs.100 then proceed to rip out the films and then make an entry on your vehicle. Thats 3 whammers on you. Worst thing is - he would attempt to rip out the rear windshield tint also and damage the rear defoggers and radio antenna.

Reg car theft - I just keep an old newspaper and chappal in the rear seat and nothing in the front seat.

I'm also thinking of getting those yellow films for my Figo. Would cut out the heat and be transparent. But they either look horrible or very classy.
Transparent windshield films are available in lumar an i am planning to have it fixed altleast in the driver side door to get rid of heat,but i guess it will cost around 2-3k
Old 27th May 2012, 14:34   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Transparent windshield films are available in lumar an i am planning to have it fixed altleast in the driver side door to get rid of heat,but i guess it will cost around 2-3k
Was just looking at 3M some options are there. But nothing like Metallised films to really cut the heat.

Also just read that Metallised films cause interference with Satellite signals and Mobile Comm. Thats interesting because my calls always dropped when inside the car.

I think I will go for some 70 series film because the heat is unbearable. Will also try to get that installed in my wife's car.
Old 5th June 2012, 11:15   #150
BHPian

anyone had detailed at sri balaji agencies? I have been quoted 1600 rs for my swift. Would like to have some first hand experiences before taking a plunge.

Most Viewed