Team-BHP - Alloy & Tyre Store - LAL Enterprises (Chennai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Alloy & Tyre Store - LAL Enterprises (Chennai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/83435-alloy-tyre-store-lal-enterprises-chennai-2.html)

i got my tires changed into Michelin and all four rims for the second time. they did a quick and gr8 job. I was at the place nearing closing hour say 8:00. and they worked as though i was in a pit stop. All four wheels out, Rim and tires changed, wheel balancing, alignment and out of the shop in a matter of 30 minutes.
No bargain. Paying a bit more was worth it, saved a lot of my time.
I had to tip the guys (no force)

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

I just got in touch with Lal Tyres and also with Tyre Store. Called them regarding new tyres for my 2003 Zen. I was given a lot of options here in Lal Tyres for the size 165/65 R13 whereas Tyre Store said they didn't have that size and offered my a wrong upsize instead. I was looking for 195/45 R14 and the only brand that is available is Hankook and none of the dealers have them.

Can anyone let me know where I can source Hankook Ventus 195/45 R14's in Chennai?

My experience with BM Lal Tyres just off Mount Road was uniformly good - right from my first car in 1996 onwards upto 2001 or so when I last went there.
When I lived in that region I never felt the need to go anywhere else for all my tyre needs, wheel alignment, balancing and any other related requirements.
Sad that things appear to have changed nowadays.

Well I haven't been satisfied with the Lal's thats near the Sathyam Theatre (I can't recollect the name of that place:Frustrati). They charged me exorbitantly and for once said that Falken was any day a bettr tyre than Continental:deadhorse!!! And I just bought what this guy said. And the alloys (albeit cool) were again steeply priced. When I enquired with the other Lal's for the same qoute, I got a qoute for 12k lesser with the same brands. My tiresome woes!!!

Champion

I got my Santro tyres replaced from stock to Michelin XM1+, from Lal tyres at Llyods Road.
Their prices were the best I could find. They charged for wheel balancing and alignment and not even a paisa was reduced from their quoted value
But their work was very professional
Also, got a free samsung mobile in some offer. I am impressed with them

Well I guess you were lucky Spectre. I wasn't and the experience was a first. I don't mind spending for my Swift, but it ain't acceptable if I am taken for a ride. But, I shall certainly re-check with him (Lal's) when I get my next set of tires.

Au Revoir!
Champion

Sorry to hear that, Champ
This is not the Lal tyres i am talking about
The one i went is at Gopalapuram, Llyod Road, close to ADMK office

Update:
Just had the 2nd free Wheel alignment done.
Went there Saturday afternoon, they took the car in, did a pro work and gave me the report. They filled free Nitrogen for all tyres before they did the alignment.
Got everything done in 30 mins

The LaL showrooms at different places belong to the same family members . They are brothers , cousins etc .

The service levels are good ,but keeping in mind the time wasted for "your turn to come " it is not a nice thing . LAL is a big time hype as there are other tyre dealers ( the whole road has tyre shops ) . Most of the dealers have the same tyre alignment facilites and charge lesser . ALL that needs to be done is to check at various places before getting the job done .

I exchanged the OEM alloys / wheels in B.K.LAL store opposite Satyam parking. Very good service. I went for 17" lenso and 225/45/17 Michelin PS3 - this guy had the best rates.

I had checked in 3 or 4 places and wife checked in another 2 places - this one had the best rates. Even the TBHP recommended tyre store was waay too expensive compared to this (there was a 12k difference in price).

There was no crowd, the job was done in 15 minutes (with prior intimation, they had the tyres + wheels ready). This place gives free N2/ alignment as well.

There was a personal touch too - The OEM alloys had a bigger spanner which wouldn't have fit to the lenso's. The guy (tinku?) was thoughtful enough to check this and give me a free replacement spanner too. This is a very good gesture (not the free spanner, the checking) because I wouldn't have bothered because of my noobity and would probably have been stuck somewhere in the middle of the Highway because of this.

PICS at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-white-2.html.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubuS (Post 2281420)
I exchanged the OEM alloys / wheels in B.K.LAL store opposite Satyam parking. Very good service. I went for 17" lenso and 225/45/17 Michelin PS3 - this guy had the best rates.

I had checked in 3 or 4 places and wife checked in another 2 places - this one had the best rates. Even the TBHP recommended tyre store was waay too expensive compared to this (there was a 12k difference in price).

There was no crowd, the job was done in 15 minutes (with prior intimation, they had the tyres + wheels ready). This place gives free N2/ alignment as well.

There was a personal touch too - The OEM alloys had a bigger spanner which wouldn't have fit to the lenso's. The guy (tinku?) was thoughtful enough to check this and give me a free replacement spanner too. This is a very good gesture (not the free spanner, the checking) because I wouldn't have bothered because of my noobity and would probably have been stuck somewhere in the middle of the Highway because of this.

PICS at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-white-2.html.

If i am not wrong i saw your Chevvy cruze at Indranagar on march 5th:).

Your car looks cool ! Ok do you mind revealing the price of the Michellins ? and the phone number of the shop too

I am looking to change the swift tyres very soon to 185/65/R14

I stay in Adyar - so that wouldn't be a surprise :)

PS3 + Alloys - total cost came to 70k. buy back 30k. so net was 40k. (I think the tyres were 10k around each).

Iam in the market for 16" alloys and tyre. Went to Lal's (one on the left from EA to satyam) and found them 10 percent expensive and 10 percent low in buy back. They deal only with HRS/AXA/GTR presently, so they say all other alloys are not good like Lenso, SSW, which they used to sell before.

Little tricky business they run trying to sell what they have in stock on first basis.

Another LAL (on the right from EA to Satyam) was on lean mode, may be closing time. He did not have many to chose from, his cost was a little lesser than previous LAL.

Can anyone suggest any more place to check, cause I am not satisfied with options and cost, but sure quality of work is good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visaster (Post 3597866)

Can anyone suggest any more place to check, cause I am not satisfied with options and cost, but sure quality of work is good.

The thread was started for the actual LAL ENTERPRISES and not BM LAL which is the one near satyam. you must visit the oldest one in Lloyds road (road behind music academy) and ask for Navaratan.

I went there last week and got 4 used innova alloys and he showed me new Lenso models as well.

As I was waiting for the delivery of my Honda City, I decided to upgrade the tyres to 195/60 R15. I visited Lal Enterprises at Lloyds Road and inquired on exchange. Met Navaratan there who explained to me on the options available. He recommended me that go for Michelin Primacy 3ST rather than XM2. The difference between both were about Rs.150/- only. I also checked with Tyre Store at Greams Road, but observed the rate offered for tyre exchange was very low and also the new tyre rate a bit higher than the quote given by Navaratan. Tyre Store also advised me to go for Primacy 3ST.

On 05-Mar I took delivery of my car and then drove straight to Lal Enterprises to upgrade my tyre. Fortunately, I got Michelin tyres as stock one which fetched higher exchange rate. The work done was professional and up to the mark. Though Navaratan was busy with other clients, he spent time with me to explain the process and ensured that all five tyres which were upgraded were from single batch. I was highly satisfied with the quality of work done here and would definitely recommend to others also as well. Few snaps of the upgrade process:

Tyre Upgrade:

Alloy & Tyre Store - LAL Enterprises (Chennai)-img_4281.jpg

Tyre Removal:

Alloy & Tyre Store - LAL Enterprises (Chennai)-img_4284.jpg

Alloys:

Alloy & Tyre Store - LAL Enterprises (Chennai)-img_4285.jpg

Upgraded Tyre - Nitrogen Filling:

Alloy & Tyre Store - LAL Enterprises (Chennai)-img_4293.jpg

Balancing:

Alloy & Tyre Store - LAL Enterprises (Chennai)-img_4296.jpg

With New Shoes:

Alloy & Tyre Store - LAL Enterprises (Chennai)-img_4299_01.jpg