Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2017, 12:19   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Alloy & Tyre Store - LAL Enterprises (Chennai)

My car's tires need replacements shortly and going by the popularity of this shop, I'm thinking of buying them from here although it's a bit far from where I reside/work.

Is the street crowded where the shop's located? I'll call them up and fix up an appointment before heading there. Will also ensure that they have a set of Michelin P3STs in stock. Can negotiate after going there although I see that they don't lower the prices much.

Will appreciate some inputs. Thanks in advance!
Old 3rd December 2017, 18:10   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Will appreciate some inputs. Thanks in advance!
Hi Gannu, yes I definitely recommend Lal's. Have replaced tyres for my Ertiga and Ritz.

Prior appointment is not required. If you are planning to go on a Saturday, I would suggest to go by 10ish.

OT - My friend got alloys and tyres replaced for his Figo (new gen) couple of weeks ago. They never pushed him for an upsize.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2017, 20:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Is the street crowded where the shop's located? I'll call them up and fix up an appointment before heading there. Will also ensure that they have a set of Michelin P3STs in stock. Can negotiate after going there although I see that they don't lower the prices much.
Hi Gannu,

The store is located in Avvai Shanmugam Road (you can enter from Anna Salai near US Consulate) and the store is at other end. The have parking space outside for 3-4 vehicles where they rotate or change tyre. As suggested by Prodigy, 10 am should be fine. No prior appointment required.

I have upgraded my City tyre to Primacy 3ST 195/60 R15 two years back (refer to my earlier post in this thread). Also continue to visit them for wheel alignment.

Recently visited them two weeks back for 40k KM wheel alignment and rotation purpose. I have also observed minor vibration at the steering at higher speed (100 - 120 kmph). As per our Team BHP discussion the primary reason can be due to wheel alignment issue.

We observed there was very slight uneven tyre wearing on right front tyre. I raised this concern with them and they thoroughly checked the alignment (minor discrepancy corrected). Also at that time a person from Tyre company and having subject knowledge was visiting them, they introduced him to me and had him check the tyre and alignment thoroughly and made me assured that no major issues are there in my car. This person suggested to me to check the wheel alignment for every 5k KM. I am presently doing it for 10k KM.

They are reasonable and good at work.
AshBabu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 13:18   #34
BHPian

Updating my good experience with Lals' Lloyd road branch today:

My Swift Dzire tyres were due for change at 40K km and did call-up multiple dealers in White's road and XL point in T. Nagar. I had stock tyres before (MRF) and wanted similar one and did not want to spend much, as I am planning to upgrade the car soon.

Tharun from Lals did explain every option and the price range via phone and I did find his pricing was good. I visited the outlet today morning and it took about 45 min for the whole process including new tyre fitting, balancing, alignment and nitrogen topup. As mentioned before in this thread there is provision of doing 3 car's alignment and 1 fitting and workers were quick. They also showed the tyre date range which varied from 4319-4619 ie only 5 weeks old. My old tyres had started to bulge and they identified a better one among the lot as stepney. Overall I was satisfied. I paid by card and no extra charges.

Offered 2 alignment sessions for next 5k Km or 3 months free. Overall pretty good experience and would recommend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks