Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 12:58   #1
BANNED

Alloy & Tyre Store - LAL Enterprises (Chennai)

LAL Enterprises is been in this business for a very long time

Products sold:
  • All types of imported ,indian alloy wheels & Tyres ,Amaron Batteries
Services offered:
  • Nitrogen Air,Wheel alignment & Balancing.
Positives
  • I their customer from my school days when father used to have Elegant Fiat and they stock all kind of tyres including BIG ones used for mining purpose.
  • They Can source any size tyre and alloy for you,Once saw a Alloy and tyre kept ready for a HUMMER.It was being take to the customer place in poes garden(dont know if it was for our Deputy CM)
  • They even have other outlets specially for trucks
Negatives:
  • Will be crowed most of the time,you must either go on a weekday between 10-3 or sunday 9.30am
  • No Negotiation on the price of new ones and even the buy back of old ones
Speciality / USP: OTR jeep tyres ,mining ,imports and Most importantly 2 free checkups for wheel alignment

Contact Information
You can directly contact Navrathan (MD)
262/A, Lloyds Road Gopalapuram, Chennai, Tamilnadu 600086
044 28350208

Landmark : The road behind Music Academy
Old 11th June 2010, 14:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

There are 3 Lal stores I think , people who have visited could give their ratings/comments on each ?
Old 12th June 2010, 19:17   #3
BHPian

Only been to Lal at Lloyds road. Good workmanship and selection of tyres.
Every new car we've bought make their first stop at Lals from the showroom, to get the tyres changed to Michelin. I've got decent price reduction for exchanging the new OEM tyres.

Perpetually busy; during the workers' lunch break even the owner doesn't mind balancing the wheels etc. Last few times they were selling hard on nitrogen air.
Old 14th June 2010, 11:46   #4
BHPian

I have been to Lals at Lloyds road, pickedup the alloys for my i10.

Navratan showed the alloys himself and arranged to get some models from his other branches. He was free when i went for the first time and had good time to explore the various models.
He is the only guy who does the sales, service support and handling customers.
The buying experience was ok with him. Assures Quality of the product that he deals with.

Drawbacks:
As said, no reduction in prices whatsoever. Even the buy back rates offered were not very impressive.

Be prepared to wait if you venture into the shop at busy times.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:05   #5
BHPian

Guys, Since we are discussing about Lals I am responding to your queries in this thread. Just a correction guys, its 2 free checkups not 3 check up as i quoted earlier and its between intervals of 2000Kms. I will verify the time line until which the free checkup is valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
6-7 cars ? you will see an army of indica's and Sumo's
Thats true. On the contrary I have seen individual owned (White board) BMW's, Hyundai terracan, toyota Fortuner, Honda Civic Waiting in line along with some govt cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKIYA_2K12 View Post
Even I am happy with the lal pricing and service.

But the only problem is it is crowded.
Ahem bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
I just mine done in the weekend (after seeing your post!). I was charged Rs 450! while the initial quote was Rs. 600!
Thats strange. I will try to search for my bills. I change my tyres at Lals for all my vehicles, so I think the owner recoganises me when I go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
are you sure ? what car are you referring to and does it come with alloys or steel wheel ?

my OHC with alloys was charged Rs450 at one of the Lal outlets ( this one is exactly opp to the one you are referring to )
btw - all of you would be aware that the entire area has some 4/5 Lal outlets of different brothers i presume.

and this one offers 1 free check up within 2 months or 6000kms
My car is Elantra GT with steel rims. I have also serviced my Zen and my now sold Qualis there. I will try to see if i can get my bills. The Lal's store I am talking is located on Whites road on the right when you go from mount road towards the Royapettah Clock tower (it comes after the Sathyam Studios car parking lot).

I just chedked with a friend who drives a esteem with steel rims, he was charged Rs.350 last time around (5 months back) and he changes his tyres at Lals at Whites road (the same shop that I am talking about). Now I am confused on the cost of wheel alignment .

Last edited by ElantraGT : 15th June 2010 at 13:10.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:40   #6
BHPian

I just spoke to LaL. I had asked for OE alloys for my i10 in swap for my new rims/tyres. Below is what I was offered:

OE Alloys - i20 (14 inches) - 10k in total for 5
Yokohama - 14 inches - 3500 per tyre

He said he would take the stock tyre & rims (set of 5) for 7500 rs in total

Is this reasonable? guys please comment.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:40   #7
BHPian

Hari, i think you are referring to a different Lal's. I do not believe the lal next to satyam theatre belongs to this guy mentioned in the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I just spoke to LaL. I had asked for OE alloys for my i10 in swap for my new rims/tyres. Below is what I was offered:

OE Alloys - i20 (14 inches) - 10k in total for 5
Yokohama - 14 inches - 3500 per tyre

He said he would take the stock tyre & rims (set of 5) for 7500 rs in total

Is this reasonable? guys please comment.
You just booked the car and immediately into mod's. Like the Spirit

Tyrestore offered me Rs 2000/wheel. OE price looks very cheap. Has it been exchanged by anybody else?

I would suggest you do a 13" inch upsize, 175 70 R13 michelin xm1+. I have this and its very comfortable.
14" inch makes the ride very stiff. Check and decide.

You cannot keep the 14" spare wheel in the car as the space provided will only fit a 13" wheel.

Last edited by ikoneer : 15th June 2010 at 13:47.
Old 15th June 2010, 13:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Lal's is one of the more famous tyre stores in chennai. I have been there many times, but never got anything from there. I have found them very busy and unhelpful, plain cash and carry business type, no passion.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post

You just booked the car and immediately into mod's. Like the Spirit

Tyrestore offered me Rs 2000/wheel. OE price looks very cheap. Has it been exchanged by anybody else?

I would suggest you do a 13" inch upsize, 175 70 R13 michelin xm1+. I have this and its very comfortable.
14" inch makes the ride very stiff. Check and decide.

You cannot keep the 14" spare wheel in the car as the space provided will only fit a 13" wheel.
ehehe Ikoneer, the devil inside me! damn! i would need to save some money. I will also enquire about 175 70 R13 michelin. yea the OE alloys look bad, but atleast the car would be full OE for a few days I will have a look and then decide. may be not now!
Old 15th June 2010, 15:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post

You can, I have 14" (185/60) as Spare well. But you need to get rid of the wheel change kit
Old 15th June 2010, 18:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

I have been to this place many times for purchasing tyres, its a decent shop. The shop owners are not very friendly but they will get the work done as soon as possible. Its mostly crowded. Try to go early in the morning. Not forget to tip the guys working on your car, helps a lot when you return back next time hehe.
Old 15th June 2010, 22:31   #12
BANNED

Price for Michellin

Last week i had gone to lal to check the price for Michellin 175/R14 for my swift VDI .i was actually looking to upgrade from 165s to 175s .

The rate per wheel was 4000.is that a decent price??
Old 26th July 2010, 12:49   #13
BHPian

Iam a Looong known customer of Lal in Lloyds road. I regularly buy tires from him. Recently I find that he is a bit costly. This I feel started from the time I went for a change for my SX4 [ Michellin 225x60 R 16 ] and Ritz [ Michellin too ]. This time I went for my friend's 540 and wanted a MRF sandgrip. He asked for Rs.7200/- each. both me and Arka were shocked since we knoe the MRP is just Rs.4500/-. Arka explained to him the details , but he came down toRs.6800/- only. We felt this was too much and moved on to another shop. I feel there should be some tranparency in the tire market. The company should regulate the dealers about the prices. Or, they should give a price list with the batch number. The batch number is important, since we were sure that the tire Navarathan quoted was a 2008 batch, but, the price was according to him, July 2010.
Old 27th July 2010, 08:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Drjones,

If they are charging such an exorbitant price then it is too much. I had a survey on the Michelins 185/70/14 and even the shops near Camp road Velachery gave me the written rate as 400 and 4100. Of course I did not see the batches which the tyre belongs. Let me try to see physically.
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:30   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Drjones,

If they are charging such an exorbitant price then it is too much. I had a survey on the Michelins 185/70/14 and even the shops near Camp road Velachery gave me the written rate as 400 and 4100. Of course I did not see the batches which the tyre belongs. Let me try to see physically.
Navan is it 4000 or 400? BTW people is it true that Michelin's life is short?
I did have it in my indica and it lasted for 30k kms. Your feedback please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks