Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2011, 17:47   #91
BHPian

Re: Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)

Got my colleague to do a 3 step treatment and interior cleaning done for his 1 yr old black accord at Privilege. They also repainted a panel which Sundaram motors had messed up earlier. Very good work with a total damage (around 10k).

Also got my car washed at the Shell Petrol Bunk near Porur once for Rs 300. Whilst they use a VISTA car wash shampoo and tyre dresser. Few observations
1) There is no jacks to do a under chasis wash
2) The same greased mitt and MF towels are used for wheels, car body and the door panels.
3) The VISTA car shampoo seems to be a good product. The results were pretty good.
4) The washer's jewelery, belt and other metal items could potentially induce scratches.
5) No separate waxing

I feel #2 and #4 is where Privilege's washing scores.
Old 15th August 2011, 19:25   #92
BHPian

Guys with experience here, has anyone done SUVs here at this PrivilegeSpa and would you recommend?

I'm afraid my experimentation with car detailing at home has gone horribly wrong :( Lesson well learnt: leave this to the pros if you can't source proper equipment and don't have the experience.

I did read the price list and the closest I could see listed was the CRV. I'm interested in the underbody stuff (rains approaching) and also the complete body treatment (to try and reverse the effects of my experiments )

So guys let me know if anyone has done an SUV here (from reading the thread, I don't think anyone has, yet) or if you would recommend?
Old 17th August 2011, 21:52   #93
Senior - BHPian

I pass by the place daily (Office at Tambaram and residence at Teynampet). I have seen SUVs getting details. Hope this info helps.
Old 18th August 2011, 14:30   #94
BHPian

I have seen a few premium SUVs getting detailed. Have seen the likes of Q5, Q7, X3 and the dignified Safari and the Endeavour detailed. You could call them and check.

I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.
Old 14th December 2011, 19:08   #95
Senior - BHPian

I have booked a slot tomorrow for detailing my car. I would call it rather a mini detailing.

Steam & Shampoo wash + Under Chassis degreasing + Wax Polish.

Waiting to see how the car looks. Its really dirty after the recent rains .
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 14:39   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I have booked a slot tomorrow for detailing my car. I would call it rather a mini detailing.

Steam & Shampoo wash + Under Chassis degreasing + Wax Polish.

Waiting to see how the car looks. Its really dirty after the recent rains .
How did it go scopriobharath?
Old 19th December 2011, 16:38   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
How did it go scopriobharath?
Ah ! Sorry, I postponed the treatment as the weather in chennai is overcast now. Rain plays a spoilsport in a newly washed / detailed car. Planning to take it next week (depends on weather)
Old 18th January 2012, 20:30   #98
BHPian

Based on the reviews here, had referred a couple of my friends .

First was an Black Accord which had swirl marks all over the place, no shine and some bad repainting done by Sundaram. They repainted the panel, did a three step with tufflon wax and interior cleaing. The car is shining to glory and even after 4 months, it still looks very good. Also got my friend to cancel the arrangement he had with our office parking lot drivers to clean the car daily.

Recently, had my other friend's new Swift detailed. I had suggested him to try Carz spa and also the new 3M car care near Palmgrove. My friend chose Carz Spa. Pavan recommends a 3 step treatment with Tufflon wax for all new cars and mentioned that it is not different from what 3M is offering for all new cars. The total cost was Rs 2400. The results are excellent with the car looking much better than when it was delivered.

Planning to do a 3 step for my Manza on account of its first birthday. Will see if I can get pictures of the cars detailed and post them here.
Old 25th March 2012, 17:10   #99
BHPian

I did a 3 step exterior treatment at Carz Spa on my Manza before selling it off last month. Unfortunately had other appointments and hence couldn't take photographs. As expected,
1) The wet looks on the car was restored but after the treatment, the color difference between the bumper and the main body was far more noticeable than before which I guess had nothing to do with the quality of the work.

2) Was not too happy with the washing of the wheel wells and the glasses. I felt that as part of the package, they could have removed some of the hard water swirl marks on the glass which they did not even notice. The ramp is not functional and hence no under body wash is available now.

3) While cleaning the driver side door interiors that they had soiled with a cleaning solution, some water went into my electric ORVM switch which stopped working for the driver side mirror

Had recommended Carz spa to a few other friends who had gone their vehicles detailed. One of them though was very happy with their 3 step & interior cleaning felt that the attention to detail while washing left a lot to be desired. His complaint was that the wheel caps were not removed while washing the wheels, the running board and the wheel wells were not very clean and it required his intervention to get it right. I passed the feed back to Pavan along with mine on the work done on my Manza.

Pavan apologized to me, took my friends number, called him and got the feedback first hand. He also apologized to my friend for the lack of attention to detail and asked my friend to get his car back for a complimentary wash which he promised would be good so that the customer leaves with good memories of his service. He then called me to inform me about his discussion with my friends. Thumbs to Pavan and hope the quality of service remains high under his control.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 20:17   #100
BHPian

Folks, any recent reviews on this? How does this place compare to 3M at Nungambakkam?
Old 27th July 2012, 20:26   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Folks, any recent reviews on this? How does this place compare to 3M at Nungambakkam?
I had been to Privilege Car Spa about 3 weeks back to get 3 step paint treatment done on my new SWIFT - this is the second time I am getting this treatment as the previous one was good 7 months back at 3m car spa.

+ves

Extremely good attention to detail.
Usage of professional car care products such as megs and 3m
DA used had clean pads
99% of my swirls were removed
Cost - atleast 40% lesser than 3m car spa
Usage of masking tapes to avoid wax getting into creaks and crevasses

-ve
Washing could have been better but I would'nt call it really a negative as they had cleaned and dried the car well before starting the polishing, sealant and waxing.

All in all, a superb experience. I would rate them a notch higher than 3m car spa when you consider the price factor.

Talk to Rajesh or Pavan to get a quite You can refer Arun (White colored SWIFT - 3 step treatment).

Last edited by MutantX : 27th July 2012 at 20:30.
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 20:56   #102
BHPian

Thanks for sharing. I did the 3M Paint sealant for new cars at 3500. at 40% cheaper, I am guessing you paid 2100 which is really good. Moreover, 3M charges 50% extra for old cars (older than 6 months0 so it would have cost you around 5.5 -6.0K this time around.
Old 27th July 2012, 21:31   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Thanks for sharing. I did the 3M Paint sealant for new cars at 3500. at 40% cheaper, I am guessing you paid 2100 which is really good. Moreover, 3M charges 50% extra for old cars (older than 6 months0 so it would have cost you around 5.5 -6.0K this time around.
I got mine at 2300 rs incl. tax which in itself is very good. My car is around 8 months old and for I would have been charged 5k at 3m. I maintain my car very well and make sure I clean it almost everyday with quick detailer+microfiber. The detailer at Privilege Carz Spa said I had maintained my car very well and was very appreciate about the way she looked.
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 13:17   #104
BHPian

Excellent! Do you know which paint sealant or wax did they use as the final layer? 3M uses the Tech 2.0 as the last coat.
Old 4th August 2012, 17:35   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Even I'd recommend the same. I did the same for my Palio MJD in Coimbatore Carz Spa. They do Steam Wash + top-cut wax (similar to rubbing) + waxing. The result was good.

This picture was taken after the treatment.
H14 - That some gloss you got there

Could you tell me where carz spa is located in Coimbatore?And any other professional car detailing spas in the city please!

Thanks
SAM

Last edited by benbsb29 : 6th August 2012 at 15:49. Reason: Corrected SMS lingo.

Most Viewed