Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2010, 13:12   #61
BHPian

Are there any discounts for t-bhp over there. Is it a good idea to do a rubbing polish for a 6 months old (new !!) car over there?
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:40   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Are there any discounts for t-bhp over there. Is it a good idea to do a rubbing polish for a 6 months old (new !!) car over there?
I didnt identify myself that i am a TEAM bhpian and i dont think they give discounts.

Yes you can just have a normal polish which cost 500 but before that you should have a steam wash which would cost 400.

My suggestion is to go for 3 step polish for 1950 .Its worth the money.Let me post my cars pic then you will see the difference.
Old 22nd October 2010, 15:24   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
My suggestion is to go for 3 step polish for 1950 .Its worth the money.Let me post my cars pic then you will see the difference.
What are the activites done in the 3 step? I guess Steam wash and Wax Polish would be done, what else?

In fact, i saw the picutre of Phoenix's car and it's awesome. Do post yours as well and it will be added motivation.
Old 22nd October 2010, 15:24   #64
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
My suggestion is to go for 3 step polish for 1950 .Its worth the money.
Even I'd recommend the same. I did the same for my Palio MJD in Coimbatore Carz Spa. They do Steam Wash + top-cut wax (similar to rubbing) + waxing. The result was good.

This picture was taken after the treatment.

Last edited by h14 : 22nd October 2010 at 15:28. Reason: added image
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2010, 17:30   #65
Senior - BHPian

Guys - would you know how much the "intensive interior cleaning" alone costs ? my OHC badly needs a wash. I have done this only once before..

but i wonder how they get the interior cleaned well without removing the seats. Last time i got this done at a small place in Gurgaon, the rear, and front seats were removed and cleaned out side the car. after which the interiors were cleaned..
Old 24th October 2010, 15:53   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys - would you know how much the "intensive interior cleaning" alone costs ? my OHC badly needs a wash. I have done this only once before..

but i wonder how they get the interior cleaned well without removing the seats. Last time i got this done at a small place in Gurgaon, the rear, and front seats were removed and cleaned out side the car. after which the interiors were cleaned..
Narayan sir there is an excel sheet attached in the first page of this thread with all these costs provided.
Your OHC will come under the mid sized category. I think its Rs 1500 for the interior cleaning alone.

On a different note - Anyone who had the exterior steam wash done can you please confirm if the steam wash does help remove the tar particles on the doors and bumpers as stated in their brochure?
Also, can we stop them from steaming the ac vents? I'm not very comfortable with the thought of having steam in the blowers and vents. If it happens to condense the chances of water getting into the head unit etc are pretty high right?

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 24th October 2010 at 16:07.
Old 24th October 2010, 20:19   #67
BHPian

Pras@, steam wash is more to remove rubbish from under rubber beadings and hard to reach places...even a/c vents. They use some solution (diesel/kerosene i think, not sure) to remove tar particles prior to shampooing.

I don't think any worry should be there regarding a/c vents - you can use the blower at full speed without a/c on for sometime. In fact, the steam spray is supposed to loosen the dust sticking in the vent/blower path which should fly out on first usage post steaming.
Old 24th October 2010, 22:16   #68
Senior - BHPian

whether they were claying paint and glass area before waxing your cars.
how about scratch removal.is it really worth for scratch removal.
I want to do remove a lot of hair line scratches in my car and paint correction .
Either i have to go to 3M balaji or carz spa depends on all your suggestions
Old 4th January 2011, 14:05   #69
BHPian

Re: Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)

Now that the rains are done I think its time to finish service and then pay a visit to car spa. Desperately need to have paint correction done.

A couple of queries -
Can anyone who has used their services comment on the difference between 3 step coating with Tufflon wax and 4 step coating with polymer sealant? Price difference is Rs 1000, but what are the benefits of the 4 step coating?
Also, is the machine polish and wax required prior to the coating process?
Old 25th January 2011, 14:21   #70
Senior - BHPian

Bike Detailing

Updates:

I did my Anti Glare Coating Yesterday from Carz Spa. Yet to test it against glare / Oncoming Headlights.

Costed Me - 700 (Coating) + 400 (Mandatory Wash) = Rs 1100/-

They have also started Bike Detailing Services. I am yet to try them out as i recently detailed my Bike at Castrol Bike Zone @ Tidel Park.

Painting Services are expected Shortly.
Old 25th January 2011, 17:38   #71
Senior - BHPian

^ I tried the antiglare last time, didnt find any difference. Please post your impressions
Old 28th January 2011, 08:21   #72
Senior - BHPian

I had the chance to take my car for a short spin of about 2 kms. The Effect is Okay not too good , not too bad.

I will give a proper comment once i manage to take it for a good spin outside. I will be travelling from Teynampet to Tambaram on Sunday early Morning. That should be a good test for the Anti-Glare Coat. I encounter lot of blinding headlights from Guindy till Airport.
Old 30th January 2011, 14:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

Rs 250 for 900 worth Services at Carz Spa (Motomall) Chennai

Welcome To Deals and You Daily Deals

I have purchased one :-)

Rs 249 for Rs 900 worth of personalized service for your car @ Privilege Carz Spa – dedicated to pampering your favourite car. Rs 249 for Rs 500 worth open voucher for any car related service and a complimentary car ozone treatment worth Rs 400 at Privilege Carz Spa
Old 1st February 2011, 06:19   #74
Senior - BHPian

I drove for a good distance, say about 25 kms.

The Effect is Good. It is not excellent or outstanding, but trust me, it cuts away most of the glare.

It is satisfactory when in a scenaro like this - Assume there is a truck coming in the opposite direction, both of us are on our respective right most lanes (Along divider/yellow line) If the truck is having a powerful high beam, then the effect is not as good.

The best Anti-reflective protection would be that every motorist, irrespective of number of wheels, uses a Low Beam Headlight like in the USA. Until Then this product does the job for its price.

They claim the coating will last for an year, but only time will tell.
Old 1st February 2011, 10:37   #75
Senior - BHPian

^ You have the front sunfilm as well right ? That might be an added advantage

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks