Team-BHP - Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/83440-car-detailing-privilege-carz-spa-nandanam-chennai.html)

Services offered: Welcome to Carzspa

Personal Experience
Paid a visit one Sunday (02/May/10) for a full detailing treatment, which included the foll:Total Damage : 2950/-

Noticed, they use Meguairs products for most part, which are put on display prominently, but not for sale.

My Views on their service:Bottomlime, IMO, is that regular steam car washing+water wash+tyre+alloys (600/-) and another 150-200/- for engine/underbody is VFM if done once-in-2/3 months, for the kind of car-usage we have, and personal attention to cleaning we give on a regular basis. Full detailing maybe worthwhile once in a year.

They are supposed to be coming out with a annual membership package for 4 services/year - rates not yet finalised at the time I visited.

Contact Information
781/428 Anna Salai,
Opp YMCA ground,
Nandanam ,
Chennai.(Tamil Nadu.)
Phone No: 044-24348008/43150315
Welcome to Carzspa

Privilege Carz Spa - Google Maps

I pass through this place everyday. Seems a little pricey though. Balaji's 3M exterior paint protection/polish and interior detailing combined is at least a 1000 bucks cheaper.

OT: Has anyone tried the car detailing service at Ampa Mall?

I Got my Esteem detailed at privilage Carz spa.I would agree with SanjayC in most of whats said above.

Its a franchisee of carz spa. this franchisee is owned by Pavan who is a car enthusiast himself.had a chat with him on cars and everthing automotive while my car was being detailed.he seems to be well informed.they are planning an accessories store on the 1st floor of the same building.

They have done a very neat job.i dont have any pics though.Would have loved a lower pricing for the detailing though.Only complaint i have is that they could not/did not remove the stains/dirt from the alloys area where the wheel nuts are fixed.

The staff is well informed and listen to what you have to say.My car had rusting problem at few places and i wanted to have a look at the underbody.they obliged and did lift the car on the carlift.

One thing to note is carz spa doesnt have a standard price specification for their franchisees across the country and there is significant difference in the prices of similar services in the franchisees of delhi and chennai.

overall a good place to get your car detailed.

ad75@, thanks for attaching the price list...

All-in-all, I believe 500/- bucks for the Steam-n-Shampoo wash (for Sedans) is worth it considering the fact that Bosch service centers/franchisees charges 250-300 for normal shampoo wash. Even those local garages charge upto 200/- for a water wash.

Am hoping, for regular customers, they will be willing to reduce this further.

Gilead, since you pass it regularly, try the steam wash at least once - it will be an eye opener how much grime comes out of those rubber beadings.

Hi All,

In the price list i could see machine polish and wash for 500.Is it a normal polish or some sealant ?

Anyways the rates look ok if they are doing a good job

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshguy (Post 1938165)
Hi All,

In the price list i could see machine polish and wash for 500.Is it a normal polish or some sealant ?

Anyways the rates look ok if they are doing a good job

This is for a simple wax job..no sealant. Applying the wax with machine and then finally buffing it off by hand.

@sanjayc - Dude would it be possible to post before and after pics. I have a contract with Pegasus facilities who have done detailing on my old i10 (2 year old - color: deep ocean blue). The results were promising for the first few days, but after that the car itself looks soo dull. It might even be because of the color of the car rather than the detailing job they have done.

I'm planning to send my car here for cleaning. Since I stay very far off, do I need to take any appointment or something or is it first come first serve? Also appreciate if someone can post the work timing. Tks.

Am gonna be there this Friday / Saturday. Had made enquries long back, will call and check on the appointment / work timings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MutantX (Post 1938458)
@sanjayc - Dude would it be possible to post before and after pics. I have a contract with Pegasus facilities who have done detailing on my old i10 (2 year old - color: deep ocean blue). The results were promising for the first few days, but after that the car itself looks soo dull. It might even be because of the color of the car rather than the detailing job they have done.

Sorry, no pics mate.

Mine is silver color and since it is new (6mths) and fairly well maintained, I have mentioned in the original post, that not much difference was noticed in shine, though that slippery wax feeling was there. Even after 40-45 days, my jopasu duster glides over it, and water beads over the surface. Overall, cleaning the body is easy.

Please note that this 600/- bucks waxing job is not paint protection or sealant job..it is basically waxing, which many of us do ourselves using formula 1 or meguairs or other off-the-shelf wax bottles avlbl...only thing is they apply it with machine. So do not expect shine and longevity. Based on usage, this wax is supposed to last for upto 2 months...not more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1938731)
I'm planning to send my car here for cleaning. Since I stay very far off, do I need to take any appointment or something or is it first come first serve? Also appreciate if someone can post the work timing. Tks.

Yes, appointment is reqd..they are capacitized to handle 6 cars per day (for full detailing job)..hence it is advisable to have a prior appt. Check their website link for latest contact nos. I though walked in without appt on a Sunday while I was passing by, just to check, and luckily, they had only a scorpio or innova to wash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MutantX (Post 1938458)

check the car detailing thread, another punto user and myself have posted pics of work done here

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1938731)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph03n!x (Post 1938782)
Am gonna be there this Friday / Saturday. Had made enquries long back, will call and check on the appointment / work timings.

Just spoke with the person I had contacted earlier (Rajesh - 9962018003), he preferred to have a look at the car before telling what services he suggests.

They open at 10 AM in the morning, and recommend that we give them the car to work on latest by 3 PM. The detailing takes about 3 - 5 hours depending on what is being chosen, and they can deliver the car even as late as 9 PM (ie, accept cars as late as 6 PM, but they recommend working on our rides while the sun is still out there).

@aargee - I have an appointment at about 10 AM Friday. When are you planning to take in your ride?

Rs.2950 worth detailing for a <1 Yr old car? :Shockked:

Sanjay - You love your car man!!

Kishore, I knew it was coming.

It gets weirder! When I bought the ikon, I was in a rented flat without parking space. The car ws standing on the road hence I purchased a flat with reserved parking within 6 mth. Now I am spending that much to ensure the jopasu duster worth some 400 bucks can work it's magic without much effort!

On a serious note though my elementary math says that I am saving about 6k per yr on hired help to clean the car. That saving is allocated to maintaining it via more professional hands.

I have an eye on the 2011 edition as well.

If still not convinced, I can justify that with umpteen more reasons;-}

I am planning to take my Car to Car Spa tomorrow (18th Morning). I will be posting pictures soon. I am opting for Interior and Exterior cleaning.