Car Detailing : Privilege Carz Spa (Nandanam, Chennai)
Services offered: Welcome to Carzspa Personal Experience
Paid a visit one Sunday (02/May/10) for a full detailing treatment, which included the foll:
- Steam wash - With a high pressure nozzle blowing out steam, every nook & corner (not body surface) was cleaned. Amazed to see amount of dirt scooped out becos of this from places like door rubber beading etc, which are impossible to clean using high pressure water spray. This same steam was pumped into the a/c vents as well few times to deposit/soften dust which then comes out when blower is switched on
- Water Wash with pH-balance shampoo - normally what is done at all car-wash centers by spraying soap foam all over the body and use a wash mitt to rub the surface
- Removal of tar from alloys/body using diesel
- Wax polish - machine was used to apply but final buffing/shining was done by hand/cloth. Shine is definetely better than what was earlier, but not sure if it is better than showroom condition since my car is Moondust Silver. However, microfibre cloth/Jopasu duster just glides on the surface as of now..dirt/water also does not settle on the body, even after a month of availing the service.
- Full Interior leather treatment with conditioner - immediate visible difference - the darkish tinge on biege is gone...and it looks more like actual biege color..seats also feel more supple.
- Vinyl/Dashboard cleaning - all shoe/dirt marks from bottom door panel is gone...dashboard not much difference in appearance becos of the rubbery material in Fiesta.
- Ozone treatment - they put a ozoniser machine (looks like a voltage stabilizer) on the car rear seat for 10-15 mins..apparently this will remove all bad odors, and provide a nature fresh aroma, the kind you get at hill stations...maybe useful if car is already smelly, though I cannot make out any perceptible difference
- Full vaccum interior/boot cleaning
- For carpet mats, they sprayed some shampoo/foaming substance and thorougly scrubbed using a cloth-cleaning brush...now looks like new.
- All glasses cleaned from inside/outside
- Degreasing of engine compartment and underbody
Total Damage : 2950/-
Noticed, they use Meguairs products for most part, which are put on display prominently, but not for sale. My Views on their service:
- Good attention to detail unlike a.s.s..thought it helps if one is around. Not sure if they will provide the same attention for pickup/drop service
- Costly - appears to me this entire detailing package is atleast 20-30% costly. However, the care they took in cleaning the tyres, tar, under body, engine etc, I am prepared to pay for this service once in a year
- Being a sunday, they were understaffed and it took 5 hrs. No backup generator..during power cut, machine-dependent work comes to a standtill
- Neat place..the guy at the reception (may be he is the owner - driving a Honda Civic), nice patient, soft-spoken guy, and willing to listen.
- Though, one has to be firm with requirement, since the tendency is to push for services which may not be required. He tried hard to convince me to opt for 7-step paint protection costing appx 6K, which I refused.
- Ability to carry out full detailing for appx 5-6 cars per day.
- Used proper materials for each type of detailing like wash mitts for body, separate cleaning brush for alloys/tyres, different cloths for application/polising for interiors etc..things which are absent at a.s.s.
- Good ambience, and for once, the window glasses were spotlessly clean from inside/outside. Same goes for exterior body, unlike at a.s.s where lousy clothes used leaves ugly marks.
Bottomlime, IMO, is that regular steam car washing+water wash+tyre+alloys (600/-) and another 150-200/- for engine/underbody is VFM if done once-in-2/3 months, for the kind of car-usage we have, and personal attention to cleaning we give on a regular basis. Full detailing maybe worthwhile once in a year.
They are supposed to be coming out with a annual membership package for 4 services/year - rates not yet finalised at the time I visited. Contact Information
781/428 Anna Salai,
Opp YMCA ground,
Phone No: 044-24348008/43150315 Welcome to Carzspa Privilege Carz Spa - Google Maps