Team-BHP - Car Cleaning : MRF Tyredrome (Chennai)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/)
-   -   Car Cleaning : MRF Tyredrome (Chennai) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chennai/83687-car-cleaning-mrf-tyredrome-chennai.html)

I have been getting my car cleaned here almost twice a month. The rate is reasonable, around 220bucks. You have to book 2-3days in advance.
They do interior vacuuming(only mats and stuff no dashboard) and outside car wash with automatic machine.
There outer body cleaning is pretty good and surface becomes really smooth, just one polish after that and you are good 15-20days.

For underbody cleaning i go to a smaller less sophisticated place hehe.

You can also get alignment and balancing done there but never used these services so can't comment.

Here is one pic of auto car wash.
Car Cleaning : MRF Tyredrome (Chennai)-screenshot-20100615-195041.png

To book you can call 044-28111199

here is the location
Google Maps

Yep - did my WagonR there and was cool. Good decent price I should say.

Though the guys linger for tips after the wash.

BTW - where do you go for underbody cleaning?

Rahulkool you started a thread which i was about to start:)

I am regular there for the past 3 years and their service is very good and neat.

They vacuum clean the interiors and wash the mats too.

I stopped going there because some few months back their machine was in repair and i waited for a month and got fedup so bought a BOSCH car cleaner.Now i have a service station @ my house:)

They have the cheapest tubeless permanent puncture service @ Rs 75.The road side shop who do the temporary(which most people are not aware) charge nothing less than 175.

Even the nitrogen air is cheap here @ 45 per wheel,but i do not suggest it.I had nitro for more than a year in my swift ,last month i took my swift to CARS as there was a noise from suspension ,CARS asked me only one question "Sir is your tyre filled with nitrogen,if yes please remove it and fill the normal air ,drive for a week and let us know the feedback".

To my surprise the car was very smooth after that but noise was still there and thats another issue with steering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshguy (Post 1938152)
I stopped going there because some few months back their machine was in repair and i waited for a month and got fedup

was there yesterday. the machine is still not up.they expect to start in nov!!:Frustrati

they still have the alignment/balancing and pucture repair service.you need to bbok two days in advance even for this.have booked myself WA+B on sat.

I was a regular there from the 90s. That time this machine was the most sophisticated one in India and it was a wonderful experience. Yes, their service was good. Haven't been there in the last 4 years.

UPDATE: I got a communication that MRF Tyredrome @ Cathedral Road (Opp Chola Sheraton) is temporarily shut down for renovation.

^Yeah there was an advert in the papers as well. I can't see any work going on externally, the auto wash is wrapped up

Yes even I got a post from them saying they are renovating it and suggested their branches for any communication

It is almost 10 months since they closed this center,Does anyone have idea as to when they are going to start again?

I could see the work in process in RK Salai.

Also please suggest a good water service center in and around adyar

Thanks

Looks like its open for business. Saw the new boards and services listed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brix (Post 3150970)
Looks like its open for business. Saw the new boards and services listed.

Thats my daily route to office so i have been following the construction/renovation very keenly,looks like they would inaugurate it in a weeks time or so. clap:

Yep - I hope the prices are the same with the service levels doubled for the better.

Or am I being greedy - there is water shortage in the city and I wonder how he will manage!

This place had a lot of activity happening in the 1st week of June when I was in chennai. Apparently the only gripe I found with Tyredrome is the lack of parking space. Adding to the woes is the flyover right in front of it and the traffic jams during peak hours.

The long wait is finally coming to an end.

I visited MFR tyredrome today and had a chat with the receptionist. They are re-opening for business this week (around 10th July 2013) and it would be advertised in all leading news papers. As of now, the final round of staff training are underway with their company owned cars (i saw a Merc , Audi Q7 , Hyundai i20 and an Innova).

They have added a lot more new services this time around and they are going to be using the most advanced wheel alignment (clamp-less) and balancing machines in the world.

I grabbed a services tariff card and as always they were very moderately priced with absolute top-notch professional approach, great ambiance and best equipped.

Address : New No : 2 Cathedral Road
Gopalapuram, Chennai 600086
Phone : 2811-1199 , 2811-0410
Email : mrftyredrome@mrfmail.com

Working Hours : Monday to Saturday : 8AM to 8PM , Sunday Holiday

Simply spectacular. I think one can avail most of the services in a single row and it would still be cheap. One has to account for 10% taxes, and it would still be cheap.

Am glad they are back with a bang.