Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 23:30   #1
BHPian

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!

Hey Guys

I stay in a individual house and so unlike staying in a flat where the watch-man doubles up as a daily car cleaner,I need to wash/clean my car on my own.

The past week rains in Chennai had made the car quite dirty and this sunday(when I normally clean the car), I was feeling very lazy to get down to washing the car.I was going through the news paper and I saw this paper insert which was all about services dealing with getting your car cleaned.I immediately started going through it and it said they do the entire gamut of car cleaning and they do it coming to your door step and I was like 'ok' - let me call up the number given and get the details.So, I called up the phone number given and the person on the line said he could send someone to my house immediately and mentioned the cost.

I was tempted to try it and I said fine.With half and hour a person turned up at my house.It was 2:30 pm and I thought ok, he would finish his work in say max two hours and started to see how he goes about things.

He took out the following from his bag:

a.3M tyre dresser
b.3M Vinyl & Plastic Protectant
c.3M liquid wax
d.Mr.Muscle glass cleaner
e.vaccum cleaner

He vaccumed the interiors of the car first ->then cleaned the car with water->applied the vinyl and plastic protectant in the interiors->applied wax->rubbed off the wax->cleaned the tyres and glass.

The whole process took him a complete four hours!Start time 2 30 pm and end time 6 30 pm.

What I like:
-----------

a.I liked the fact that these guys come to your door step and clean the car.
b.The eye for detail to clean the car was extremely good.Extremely meticulous
c.Professional.

What was lacking:
------------------

I used to wash my car at the petrol pumps once in a while mainly to get the car underbelly washed.This is not possible with the service provided at home.Apart from this I cant think of anything else.

The total cost came to 499/- all inclusive.I felt it was paisa vasool though initially I felt I was paying maybe 100-150 more but the way the car was cleaned,I was very satisfied.

The 499 package includes the following:

EXTERIOR
- complete exterior wash
- machine polishing
-buffering and waxing
-tyre dressing

INTERIOR
-interior cleaning
-vacuuming
-glass shine up
-Rubber/Plastic/Vinyl treatment
-Mats/Carpets and Upholstery cleaning
-Tire/Wheels clean and shine

The rate card :
small sized cars - 499
mid sized cars - 599
sedans - 699
SUVs - 799

It would probably be very convinient to have such services when you really dont feel like bending your back - so just make a call and gets your car cleaned for a price!

I would gladly recommend this service.

I have enclosed pictures.

Attached Thumbnails
Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-carbeforewash1.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-carbeforewash2.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-pic3.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-pic4.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-pic13.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-pic14.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-pic15.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-pic16.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-pic17.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-pic18.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-pic19.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-pic20.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-pic22.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-pic24.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-newpic6.jpg  

Flitz&Glitz car spa - car cleaning at your doorstep in Chennai!-newpic1.jpg  

Last edited by rajinibm : 21st June 2010 at 23:34.
rajinibm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2010, 17:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

looks great, 500 including polish is a good price. how was the water wash done ? bucket and water ?
Old 23rd June 2010, 20:43   #3
BANNED

500 rupees looks cheap provided they are using good quality polish like waxoyl or 3M.Maruti charges 1000 for polish alone.

There are also lots of other player like pegasus facilities.But they do not do adhocs.

They charge 3500 or + for annual contract and visit 12 times a year when ever you call them/every month.the services are the same as one specified in this thread

http://www.pegasusfacilities.com/Peg...s/carwash.aspx

Last edited by joshguy : 23rd June 2010 at 20:57. Reason: forgot to add website
Old 24th June 2010, 09:02   #4
BHPian

Looks great!

I will give them a chance next time. Thanks for the info rajinibm.
Old 24th June 2010, 09:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
500 rupees looks cheap provided they are using good quality polish like waxoyl or 3M.Maruti charges 1000 for polish alone.

There are also lots of other player like pegasus facilities.But they do not do adhocs.

They charge 3500 or + for annual contract and visit 12 times a year when ever you call them/every month.the services are the same as one specified in this thread

Pegasus : Car Wash
I have a contract with Pegasus. They usually do a good job when it comes to car spa. Joshguy, how do you rate their service? I would rate them with 3.5/5 stars.
Old 24th June 2010, 10:17   #6
BHPian

Hey I have very good experience with another door steps wash and wax service. They are called "Car Groomerz" they do service in any part of the city and also in the outskirts of Chennai.

They use Bosch high pressure car was machine to was the car and the under-body. they use waxoyl products for cleaning, washing and waxing. A normal high pressure wash cost 300 for my fiesta and a full wash with a polish is 600.

Normal wash includes under-body wash and interior vacuum cleaning.

They are really good, they do annual maintenance also.

Their numbers are 9282444445/9282333303

044-26511110/044-65554440.
Old 24th June 2010, 14:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Hey I have very good experience with another door steps wash and wax service. They are called "Car Groomerz" they do service in any part of the city and also in the outskirts of Chennai.

They use Bosch high pressure car was machine to was the car and the under-body.
Whoa!!! how do they provide a door step service & provide under-body wash without the hydraulic equipment to lift the car? Or do they clean with some attachments at the end of the high pressure car wash? Pls throw some light on this.
Old 24th June 2010, 21:19   #8
BANNED

Quote:

They use Bosch high pressure car was machine to was the car and the under-body. they use waxoyl products for cleaning, washing and waxing. A normal high pressure wash cost 300 for my fiesta and a full wash with a polish is 600.

Normal wash includes under-body wash and interior vacuum cleaning.

They are really good, they do annual maintenance also.

Their numbers are 9282444445/9282333303

044-26511110/044-65554440.
I bought the BOSCH equipment in april.

I used to service my car atleast once in month @ MRF or at ERC neelangarai water service station (dont remember the name) or pertol pump in alwarpet opp to vodafone ,so thought that i will buy one for my self instead of booking appointment and all those hassle.But unfortunately from the time i bought it i used it only twice.Either i am too busy or the pipe lets lost somewhere in the house when i want it

BOSCH also come to door step to wash the car with their equipment @ Just Rs 100 !!! It is priced less because it is a marketing initiative for them.Thats what they told me

Last edited by joshguy : 24th June 2010 at 21:22.
Old 25th June 2010, 06:32   #9
BHPian

Quote:
I bought the BOSCH equipment in april.

BOSCH also come to door step to wash the car with their equipment @ Just Rs 100 !!! It is priced less because it is a marketing initiative for them.Thats what they told me
Hey how much did the equipment cost you and can you please share the numbers for the Bosch door step service.
Old 25th June 2010, 08:17   #10
BHPian

Pr_007, Bosch advertises them on T.Nagar/Mambalam/Mylapore times. Try getting in touch with these guys. Below is the phone number:
044-28283344

Please try them and post a review. I have right now opted for Pegasus and the contract gets over by December this year. I would probably go in for the Bosch if their work is good.

Last edited by MutantX : 25th June 2010 at 08:19.
Old 25th June 2010, 20:04   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Hey how much did the equipment cost you and can you please share the numbers for the Bosch door step service.
Here it is
:: Welcome to Hi Care India ::
But think twice before you buy one.Because after the wash you need to wipe the car fully,so it might take atleast 45-90 mins (good exercise though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I have a contract with Pegasus. They usually do a good job when it comes to car spa. Joshguy, how do you rate their service? I would rate them with 3.5/5 stars.
I am not a subscriber of their service,but i know him thru this other business so cant really comment on the work.

BTW what polish are they using ?any idea?
Old 26th June 2010, 01:16   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the info @MutantX, will surely post the review after trying their service.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:45   #13
BHPian

Quote:

Pegasus : Car Wash
I signed up with pegasus in may. I had to call them for 3 appointments before they came once. I didnt have it done in june. Called them on friday to come today morning and they didnt show up again.
In between I also got some sms from them saying they have laid off lots of guys because of "irregularities" and they have back log of appointments. And to be honest I dont really know if I was overly satisfied with the cleaning.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:55   #14
BHPian

Recently for the past few sessions I havent been satisfied with Pegasus's work. I have been using their service since Nov. 2009. First few services were excellent, but the last one was horrible. These guys have left a scratch on my i10's bonet. It isnt visible from far, but close up it is clearly visible! i didnt talk to the pegasus owner as I am really upset. I am sure I would loose my temper if i talk to him. I just plan to stop calling them from next month onwards.

Last edited by MutantX : 26th July 2010 at 16:58.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:58   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Recently for the past few sessions I havent been satisfied with Pegasus's work. I have been using their service since Nov. 2009. First few services were excellent, but the last 3 were horrible. These guys have left a scratch on my i10's bonet. It isnt visible from far, but close up it is clearly visible! i didnt talk to the pegasus owner as I am really upset. I am sure I would loose my temper if i talk to him. I just plan to stop calling them from next month onwards.
I have had only one session. I will lose 4k if I dont call them again. They dont do refunds apparently

Most Viewed