Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2010, 22:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Call Drivers - Top4 (Chennai)

Am from Medavakkam. Nowadays I go to office by bike regularly, so my mom uses call drivers quite often. Usually they charge Rs.175 for 5 hours, which works out much less than what the bill would be if mom used an auto or call taxi.

I agree that it's a risk to trust our cars in these guys' hands. It is purely a risk, nothing much to do about it. Only thing we are doing is noting down which driver drives best and asking for the same guy every time. Usually we used to tip him for tea/lunch etc and have a good rapport with him, so that the guy also feels like coming to us instead of some other customer. Most of the time he is available, so I guess its a calculated risk. After much thinking, I have decided to take the risk after all. Car is for using, end of the day.

I don't agree with taking their driving licenses. Because, if I were a driver, I would be outraged at such a request. Besides, if some incident happens then I don't think much can be done with the license. These guys will know how to come and demand their licenses (at least from middle-class guys like me), and legally the accident should be covered by insurance and the owner of the car. Not the guy employed to drive it. Correct me if I am wrong here.

It is like, if a server crash happens at our office where we're working and our management want us to pay for it? At worst they can fire us from the job. They cannot ask us to replace the server, detaining our original certificates / ration card etc.

Last edited by rajushank84 : 31st December 2010 at 22:15.
Old 14th January 2011, 15:14   #17
BHPian

Called up this place to enquire for a 8.30 AM to 1.30 PM, 5 days a week.

Answered by a very impatient and senseless lady who quoted 15k per month initially. I was like waat ???

I just asked her to listen again and this time she quoted 5500 + 1000 rs onetime charges to the company. I was again like waat ???

I asked her for a normal daily rate. I was told it is Rs.200 for 4 hours and Rs 40 for every additional hours.

Price : too high !
Response : very unfriendly and unreasonable.

PS : Me : Where is your office ?
Lady : Nungambakkam saar !
Me :

Last edited by 2theMax : 14th January 2011 at 15:19.
Old 19th January 2011, 17:06   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Called up this place to enquire for a 8.30 AM to 1.30 PM, 5 days a week.

Answered by a very impatient and senseless lady who quoted 15k per month initially. I was like waat ???

I just asked her to listen again and this time she quoted 5500 + 1000 rs onetime charges to the company. I was again like waat ???

I asked her for a normal daily rate. I was told it is Rs.200 for 4 hours and Rs 40 for every additional hours.

Price : too high !
Response : very unfriendly and unreasonable.

PS : Me : Where is your office ?
Lady : Nungambakkam saar !
Me :
Ya i know this is the response now a days.They have lot of booking and so they dont answer properly.

Since its owner is also buys with fasttrack call taxi ,i guess he is not concentrating in this business much.
Old 19th January 2011, 21:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Am from Medavakkam. Nowadays I go to office by bike regularly, so my mom uses call drivers quite often. Usually they charge Rs.175 for 5 hours, which works out much less than what the bill would be if mom used an auto or call taxi.
Is that different from top4calldrivers.com?
Old 19th January 2011, 22:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
This Saturday I made a booking at 10.00 am for the guy to show up at 3.00 pm and I call them back at 3.30 pm because the guy hasnt shown up and all I hear is " Saary Saar all booked no drivers please adjust". I let them know what I thought of their services and all i hear is "Saary Saar please adjust".
What adjust ? This is not a trouser to pull up or tie up with a belt. This is real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Then with what guarantee are you gonna let these guys touch your car.
What if they bang into something and it is totally their mistake?
Whats the credibility of these drivers.
Seriously i will never trust this system.

I appoint all my drivers by asking them to surrender their drivers license to me.
I guess everyone should strictly follow that.
I respect your sentiment. Yes, you should verify the credentials, but it is another thing to ask someone to 'surrender' anything, they are not your slaves, i hope you do not treat your employees like that. If you do, you will suddenly find out one day that you do not have any employee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Have you surrendered your passport and ration card and PAN card to your employer as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I think for the 150-200 odd Rupees that one pays to them for the 4-5 hrs of work put, asking for the above is a bit too much !

also in the traffici conditions of the average Indian City, its very difficult to judge whose mistake it is when a minor accident happens..

be realistic on your expections or simply dont use such services
Exactly. The rates as such are low because of the low quality of the drivers, if we start expecting them to surrender something they might not even have, then that is trouble.
Old 20th January 2011, 00:40   #21
BHPian

Its the same morons from villupuram driving yellow board cabs etc. You are better off taking a rick ride back home! If not for safety, atleast for the kicks, nothing like these chennai gladiators risking their lives driving between two MTc buses and what not! Perhaps adds to the kick!
Old 20th January 2011, 14:10   #22
BHPian

Though many (including me) are not asking to surrender the license or anything like that from the drivers' (permanent/temporary), I think Visater has a point.

Most of us who employ drivers, live our valuable (car) to driver for more than 8/10 hours unattended. True we do some due diligence before appointing the driver. However our (common mans) due-diligence process is meager at best. (checking his address, photocopy of license and ration card etc). What is the guarantee that the drivers would not take away the vehicle and disappear.
Do we have the wherewithal in terms of time, energy, connections and money to get back? How easy is that in India?

It cannot be compared with employee working with a immovable asset. We all sign N agreements with our employers. Are we asking that with our employee (drivers)? Even if such agreement is signed, do we have the wherewithal in case of a fraud?

I don't bracket all drivers are fraud.. Majority are good and may not want to harm the owners.

Its like buying insurance or buying a car with Airbags. 99% we would not need that. But when need arises, it is the difference between life and death.

Also refer that when we take monthly service ( Top 4 Call Taxi Drivers ) top4calldrivers, submit to you/us the original Driving License and reference proof of the driver of your choice. If top4calldrivers can do that why common people shouldn't do that?
Old 17th August 2011, 22:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

My Father used their services to pick me from the airport. Their service is remarkable. I am very happy with them. They drive well and not rash. The only complaint if at all is that the driver jumped the red light at couple of places.

But that said, it is a habit to drive through the red light for many people in chennai. I personally stop at all signals as soon as it turns Amber.

My only worry is that i may receive a ticket for jumping signals (Rs 500 X 3 signals) = Rs 1500/- It is much cheaper to even get exploited by local Auto and taxi wallahs from Airport to Teynampet (My Residence) and still save money.

I am in no hurry and am willing to wait at all traffic signal till it tunrs green, no matter how long it takes or how urgent i need to reach.

Any thoughts on how to tackle this.

All the above said, i will recommend this to anyone. It is a good service
Old 18th August 2011, 01:30   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If Our drivers in ununiform, you may reduce amount Rs.100/-
That makes my brain hurt!

I do wonder about giving this a try. More often than not my wife is using call taxis simply because she has to go somewhere I do not, and I and the car are sitting a home. It would be much cheaper to call a driver and use the car.

If it was pristine, polished and undented, I'd be reluctant. But I have to admit ...it isn't <Blush>
Old 26th August 2011, 18:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hired the Services for an Airport Drop from Teynampet. Very Nice experience. Driver was on time and friendly.I will definetly use this service next time.
Old 9th September 2011, 11:22   #26
BHPian

Had a pretty bad experience with these people.I wanted to hire a driver and I called them a lady picks up takes my number and says shall confirm with 10-15 mins.After 20 mins later when I call i am told Drivers are yet to arrive will be here in about 30 mins shall arrange and inform.Again no information after 4-5 such calls one guy finally informs sorry sir there is a shortage of drivers today so wont be possible to arrange one.Had this been told on the 1st instance my 1 hour wouldnt have been wasted
Old 9th September 2011, 14:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Last week we too faced a similar trauma. We made a booking the previous day(Thursday) for the next day(Friday), and it was confirmed. We wanted to driver to come by 8:45 am. We called at 9:00 am and when enquired why the driver has not turned up, They bluntly told, sorry sir, driver shortage.

Of course we managed to get there by Auto but the commitment fulfillment remains
Old 11th January 2014, 20:47   #28
BHPian

We have used this service 12-13 times in the last 6-7 weeks.

The experience has been good so far as far as the way these people have behaved, driven etc. Only once, the driver was late by 20 minutes.

Usually I book some hours in advance. Once, I tried to call them at 8AM for an 9AM pickup and they said no drivers available in my area (Thiruvanmiyur) and also mentioned that this is a difficult time. Since then, I usually book the previous day if pickup time is 8-10 AM.
Old 16th September 2014, 16:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

Any updated feedback on this service? I just want someone to be with me as a backup when I am exhausted.
Old 16th September 2014, 17:35   #30
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

I was using this service very frequently for the last 18 months.
I am completely satisfied with their service.

Seems, the price increased now from 250 to 280 for first 4 hours.
Any additional hour will be charged 50 more bucks.
Night driving has a special charge.
So is out of city drive.
Also, another 50 bucks extra if the pick up and drop points are different.

Most of the times , drivers were in uniform.
Suggested their services to my Boss and relatives as well.
All of them are satisfied with their behavior and driving along.

Understand, they have operations in all the major cities in India.
However, I got a very poor response when I tried in Hyderabad.

Regards,
Maverick79.

P.S: I am in no way related to Top4drivers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks