Seat Covers: Choice Seat Zone, Royapettah

Shop: Choice Seat Zone

Address: 90, Peters Road, New College Complex, Royapettah, Chennai 600014

Contact Person: Mahesh

Contact Number: 42104021, 9840747705

Recommended for: Seat covers, both leather and art leather,
reliable, does a really good job
Price: Moderate prices - deals in radius, jackspeed

Also deals in sun films, audio products and other accessories (though personal experience only with seat covers)
Old 19th July 2010, 12:45   #2
BHPian

Hi Pras, Can you please some pictures of the seat cover? I would like to know how much it costed for you and along with labour.

I know a few shops who sell their own hard-stitched products with international brand names.
Old 19th July 2010, 13:43   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Hi Pras, Can you please some pictures of the seat cover? I would like to know how much it costed for you and along with labour.

I know a few shops who sell their own hard-stitched products with international brand names.
There are some snaps in my garage section with the interiors. I have removed the steering cover though. I think the seats cost me around 4 or 4.5k a year and a half back. Dont know the current rates.
Old 19th July 2010, 21:46   #4
BANNED

I have been to this shop ,mahesh is a good chap.But some how i didth like their work much.they are definitely not bad

I visited another shop in the satyam cinemas free parking building.That guy had good collection
Old 20th July 2010, 17:08   #5
BHPian

Pras,

I wasn't satisfied with the work done by Mahesh and his guys. He was more on the lookout for making quick bucks than on making the customer satisfied. On the day we did our Linea and Punto, he got some other cars too. Just to not lose a particular customer, he shifted his workers to the newly arrived customer. They do his/her car for sometime and in the mean time if any other customer arrives, they just jump on to him/ her. He makes his workers work on round robin basis. You wouldn't believe, he made us wait for a whole day just to get the seat covers and the sunfilms done

Following is what I, and my friend, observed of him and his work in the 2days we spent in his shop
- He is not transparent
- You might get a fair price for seat covers( might be because there are so many seat cover shops on that road). But for other accessories, he could fleece you.
- Quality of work done was poor. There are some bubbles appearing in the sun films now. The seat covers too were badly fixed.

In case, any one is planning to make a purchase in Car Zone. Please have Pras with you. And I'm sure, he wouldn't mind coming along with you :o).
Old 20th July 2010, 17:21   #6
BHPian

@CliffHanger, thanks for the headsup. I am looking for i10 OE seat-covers. I am scouting around a few shops.

Any idea if these guys have OE or probably OE like seat covers? any pointers here? what sort of seat covers dont affect the AC cooling. I am primarly looking for seat covers so that I can avoid my original covers from getting dirty, especially during this monsoon.
Old 20th July 2010, 17:50   #7
BHPian

@cliff - like I said, I only put up this on the directory cause his seat cover work was good. I refrained from sun film and other accessory fitting from him because I hadnt seen his work on all that.
Old 20th July 2010, 18:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:
@CliffHanger, thanks for the headsup. I am looking for i10 OE seat-covers. I am scouting around a few shops.

Any idea if these guys have OE or probably OE like seat covers? any pointers here? what sort of seat covers dont affect the AC cooling. I am primarly looking for seat covers so that I can avoid my original covers from getting dirty, especially during this monsoon.
Bro,

Unfortunately I don't have much info on this. Probably you could check with Chennai Bhpians who own i10. They sure will help you out.
Old 24th July 2010, 21:08   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
- Quality of work done was poor. There are some bubbles appearing in the sun films now. The seat covers too were badly fixed.
This is what even i felt when i went there.

We got my friends Ikon fitted with seat covers few years back.the work was poor
Old 28th July 2010, 17:55   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Pras,

I wasn't satisfied with the work done by Mahesh and his guys. He was more on the lookout for making quick bucks than on making the customer satisfied. On the day we did our Linea and Punto, he got some other cars too. Just to not lose a particular customer, he shifted his workers to the newly arrived customer. They do his/her car for sometime and in the mean time if any other customer arrives, they just jump on to him/ her. He makes his workers work on round robin basis. You wouldn't believe, he made us wait for a whole day just to get the seat covers and the sunfilms done

Following is what I, and my friend, observed of him and his work in the 2days we spent in his shop
- He is not transparent
- You might get a fair price for seat covers( might be because there are so many seat cover shops on that road). But for other accessories, he could fleece you.

In case, any one is planning to make a purchase in Car Zone. Please have Pras with you. And I'm sure, he wouldn't mind coming along with you :o).
Cliff... I agree with that do u remember we had to wait until 10 PM night and he had removed the seats from my car by morining 11 AM and fixed it only by 8 PM. That was a horrible experiance.
Old 28th July 2010, 18:22   #11
BHPian

Bro, How are you and how is your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Cliff... I agree with that do u remember we had to wait until 10 PM night and he had removed the seats from my car by morining 11 AM and fixed it only by 8 PM. That was a horrible experiance.
Yeh! You just tickled my memory, that was one horrendos experience. Had it not been for Pras, I would have definitely picked up a fight with Manish, a cheap and a cunning business man, to say the least.

The only good thing that came out of the entire experience was I made a couple of good friends: you and your Ritzy Friend. Remember how he made us to search for food?
Old 28th July 2010, 19:11   #12
BHPian

Sad to hear about your experiences. He had done a good job for me, and after that a few people who had gone to him had said he had served them well too.
Now that he seems to have a lot of customers I hope he has not forgotten the value of existing ones.
Old 29th July 2010, 15:31   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Bro, How are you and how is your car?

Yeh! You just tickled my memory, that was one horrendos experience. Had it not been for Pras, I would have definitely picked up a fight with Manish, a cheap and a cunning business man, to say the least.

The only good thing that came out of the entire experience was I made a couple of good friends: you and your Ritzy Friend. Remember how he made us to search for food?
Great man...

Car is good.. Got some problem with Car's music system. As you know mine is Punto Emotion pack.. Music system has not rectified my FIAT yet as it has been send to Pune for replacement. Hope i will visit Haute Car Zone by WK 2 of next month or soo for adding a AMP and Component Speakers. You remember the Sunfilm i have fitted that is of no use. Air bubbles are everywhere and that seems to be duplicate one(i am not sure of that but i feels so). I have to replace that also.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:37   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Hope i will visit Haute Car Zone by WK 2 of next month or soo for adding a AMP and Component Speakers.
I've been there twice. the prices are approximately twice that of outside

Number Plate (High security thing) - 2500 (its 800-1100 outside)
Seat cover 9k
Formula 1 - 420 (220 - 260 outside)
Car cover - 2500
Rubber mat - 1400

Even ES100 were 800 more than outside.

Do keep this in mind.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:51   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

you can try Xenos.
They have Dolphin & Autoform Seat Covers for i10.i saw it once and looks very good.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 2nd August 2010 at 11:55.

Most Viewed