Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 18:33   #1
BHPian

ICE: Sound Effects, Chennai

I, and my friends, go to this shop for all our ICE related needs.

Owner: Kannan
Name of the Shop: Sound Effects
Mobile Nr:99626 16014
Web: www.soundeffectcarstereo.com

+ves:
- A thorough expert in his Job. Knows what he does. Have never seen him doing rework.
- Very Courteous and Polite.
- Charges are very nominal.
- Transparent.
- Does mobile servicing too.

-ves:
- His shop is at Royapuram. So you might have to do a bit of driving to reach his shop.
- Without appointment you will have to wait.

Get all your units and stereos from some store and get the installation alone done by him. His shop stocks only minimal products and prices may not be competitive.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 20th July 2010 at 18:43.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Cliffhanger, can you post some pics of the installation done in your car? Does he fabricate subwoofer boxes?
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:18   #3
BHPian

Bro, he does sub-woofer fabrication too. If you have any specific queries, you can call him up and check. Probably at the next meet, I'll show my set up to you.
Old 24th July 2010, 21:03   #4
BANNED

I think he was in Triplicane or Royapettah,when did he move to royapuram.I have heard of him
Old 25th July 2010, 19:13   #5
BHPian

Yes. He had worked under several employers and finally set up his own shop which was opened a few months back.
Old 25th July 2010, 19:24   #6
BHPian

If he is the guy on whites road, I would not suggest him for any kind of ICE installation.

I took my car to him to remove my ICE, he completely screwed the electrical in the car. The way he handles the components leaves a lot to be desired.

Phoenix (t-bhp member) also had a bad experience with Kannan when installing his ICE.
Old 27th July 2010, 14:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
If he is the guy on whites road, I would not suggest him for any kind of ICE installation.

I took my car to him to remove my ICE, he completely screwed the electrical in the car. The way he handles the components leaves a lot to be desired.

Phoenix (t-bhp member) also had a bad experience with Kannan when installing his ICE.
It says he's in Royapuram, not Whites Road.

BTW me and Pr_007 went to a place called Power Zone in Royapetah on Saturday. Guy seemed extremely hands on has got a mind blowing install on his Estilo. Pics of his other installs which are demo cars used by ICE companies in exhibitions looked great as well. I also went to Chandru Auto (GP Road) on Sunday to get an ipod compatible HU for a friend's car and the owner had an extremly high opinion of Power Zone. I also took a look at his i10 which was done there.

Does anyone on TBHP have any experience with Power Zone?

Last edited by Gilead : 27th July 2010 at 14:44.
Old 27th July 2010, 15:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post

Mr. Bean,

His photos are posted up in his website under 'About Us' section. You could confirm whether he is the guy who screwed up your electricals. I still keep him in high regards, but if someone has had some bad experiences, then it is better to look at other alternatives.

But again, Mr. Bean or Phoenix please confirm whether it is him. He shouldn't be mistaken for somebody else.
Old 27th July 2010, 15:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Sound Effects Kannan and Whites Road Kannan are two different guys.
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2010, 18:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Sound Effects Kannan and Whites Road Kannan are two different guys.
+1. This one is different.
Old 27th July 2010, 18:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
It says he's in Royapuram, not Whites Road.

BTW me and Pr_007 went to a place called Power Zone in Royapetah on Saturday. Guy seemed extremely hands on has got a mind blowing install on his Estilo. Pics of his other installs which are demo cars used by ICE companies in exhibitions looked great as well. I also went to Chandru Auto (GP Road) on Sunday to get an ipod compatible HU for a friend's car and the owner had an extremly high opinion of Power Zone. I also took a look at his i10 which was done there.

The estilo with multiple LCD screens and really big subs in the back ?
if yes, then i got my audio installed there, even bottle goes there for ICE and stuff. I have no complains about the place, he does good work, but again i have very basic ICE so don't know much.
Old 27th July 2010, 20:25   #12
BHPian

even i did a few changes to my install at power zone.originally the install was done by tecnokrat.But i agree that saravana of power zone is very good with his work.his estilo is really mind blowing.
Old 28th July 2010, 16:04   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post

I think it is better to create a new thread for PowerZone, Royapettai as this one is for the shop 'Sound Effects'.
Moderators, can you please help with that?
Old 29th July 2010, 12:19   #14
BHPian

Guys, Can you edify me the exact address & contact number of the Power Zone?
Old 11th August 2010, 17:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
Guys, Can you edify me the exact address & contact number of the Power Zone?
Ram, apologies for the late response. Please see this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/chenna...tallation.html

Most Viewed