Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 15:01   #1
BHPian

Aura Car Wash - OMR

Web Site : Aura Car Wash

Found this place through Google when I was searching for car wash shop near my office.

My Experience :

First Impression was I was surprised at the rates and the service provided. So wanted to check the place out immediately, as the usual Petrol bunk where I give my car ( Tata Safari ) for was charges me 500rs for just basic cleaning and that too a hurried half baked job.

So I head out to the place and give my car for the basic Silver Package.

* Dust removal and vaccum cleaning
* Exterior and under body jet wash
* Hand finished high grade shampoo wash
* Hand finished floor mats and wheel cup wash
* Wet wipe for dashboard & console
* Compressed air dry & hand finished cloth dry

My car was in the most dirtiest state because of the recent rains and was completely covered in mud at all places. Was there watching them do the cleaning as it was Sunday. My honest opinion " I was really overwhelmed to see the amount of care taken in cleaning the car ". The mats were removed and the car was vaccum cleaned properly. And then was lifted in the hydraulic ramp and the underbody was cleaned devoid of any muck anywhere. Then the car was given a wash on the outside with plain water followed by a proper shampoo wash. The engine bay was cleaned and the mats were properly washed. And it was double checked by the Owner himself whether the cleaning has been done properly. And i must say the results where overwhelming. My car was cleaner than I've ever seen it after a Car Wash. The car was now completely wiped with dry cloth, windows and windshield cleaned and was sparkling in all glory. And the charge for all this was just Rs.500/-.

Two weeks back I had given it for Gold Wash. As it was Weekday, I called them in the morning and told them I would be bringing it in for a wash today and dropped it at their place and left to office. I did not feel the need to stand next to them judging by the service they offered during my last visit, though I had my apprehensions about their work without my presence. But then I was again surprised but the level of work they had done. The interiors were absolutely dirt free and the car was gleaming after well deserved polish after a long time. This time the charges were Rs.799/-. They also gave me a small report of minor things like lights and other stuff which were working and not working.

The place is just behind Price InfoCity, almost opposite to HCL. Am glad that we still have such places who give quality service at appropriate rates.
Now I can give the car to wash and still be sure that it would be given proper care even without my supervision.

Overall My Rating would be a full 5/5.
ram.west is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2010, 18:39   #2
BHPian

What all was covered in the gold?
SafeDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2010, 21:14   #3
BHPian

That's great info ram.west

The only thing I'm wondering is do they give a coat (under-body) of oil/diesel after the wash is done ?

Last Saturday I gave to a "normal" car wash and payed 300/-

This one sounds good and its close to the place I stay and to my office too.

I always keep my interior clean so the inside cleaning is not a big deal for me at least and I do my on waxing. Call me nuts but this is something I like to do.

Washing (especially under-body) can't be done by me as I don't have the right equipment here.
yzfrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2010, 13:19   #4
BHPian

@safedrive : Complete wash of the undercarriage and car. Interiors cleaned and dashboard polished doorpads cleared of all stains and a nice wax polish with MicroFiber cloth.

@yzfrj : don't think it is covered in the silver wash. I was not there when the gold package was done so can't comment on it. You can sure call and get the details buddy.
Old 28th July 2010, 22:52   #5
BANNED

Ram do they do door step service ? How much is the basic water wash
joshguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2010, 08:59   #6
BHPian

@josh: I don't think they do door step service. But they do have pick up and drop options.
Old 1st August 2011, 23:58   #7
BHPian

Re: Aura Car Wash - OMR

The website mentioned in the opening post is not leading to the intended site.

Googled and found this info. Thought would be useful for those who are interested.

AURA Car Wash, Perungudi, Chennai | Complete Car Cleaning, Car Wash and Car Care Solutions, ... |Car Wash Services in Chennai | Car Wash in Chennai | Car Repair Services Chennai | Car wash | Car Service | Ad | 88DB Chennai

AURA Car Wash Limited
Address :No.31, Thiruvalluvar Street, Srinivasa Nagar, Kandanchavadi, Perungudi, Chennai - 600 096 (Behind Prince Infocity)
Contact Nos : 4359 3414 / 98847 95429 / 93812 11137
bnzjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:25   #8
BHPian

This place is under a new management. They now only have the basic car wash and no longer use premium product. Cost: Rs 300 for my Verna. I go there only when I want to do an Underbody wash. Else I do the self washing.
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2011, 13:20   #9
BHPian

Anyone tried this

CAR CARes

Today's paper carried a adv saying Rs100 for car wash ?
jp2u is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks