Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 16:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

ICE Installation : Power Zone (Royapettah, Chennai)

Products Sold:
  • Head Units
  • Speakers
  • Sub Woofers
  • Amplifiers
  • Lighting, strobes
Services Offered:
  • ICE Installation- Basic, Medium & High End
  • Accessories installation. Angel Eyes, Strobes, Mood Lighting, Underbody Lighting etc.
  • Power Zone is mainly an ICE installation shop and he can also source components with B&W if you ask him to.
  • He also does the following
    • Remote Locks
    • Sun Film
    • Power Windows
    • Car AC
    • Electrical Services
What I like:
  • Proprietor is an ICE nut and extremely knowledgeable
  • Installs only one car a day unless it's a basic HU+Speakers combo.
  • Personally does the installation
  • Meticulously neat installs. You will not find a stray wire, or a scratch or a rattle in your car post installation.
Contact Information

-Address: #9 Jani Batcha Street Pudupakkam Royapettah Chennai -600014

-Landmark:
1. Enter Pycrofts Road after crossing Clock Tower
2. Watch out for Raja Tires on left side.
3. Take left after Raja Tires
4. Enter narrow road. Need to take second left on this road. An orange building on the left side would be the clue to take the second left.
5. Power Zone is the third shop on the right side. Will come after a body shop on the right side.

-Mobile: 98415 34934

-Contact Person: Saravana Prabhu

My car's ICE was installed here and I am happy with the work. Review can be found here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...-6s-ice-d.html Ask to see photos of some of the installs in his laptop. Some of them are truly magnificent. Be careful while driving a car on the narrow road. You can walk in any time to talk to Saravana, but need an appointment for installation as he is usually booked in advance.

Trivia: Power Zone (or whatever it was called back then) was the first to install an amp and a sub in a car in Chennai decades ago. The sons run the place now.

Last edited by Gilead : 11th August 2010 at 16:28.
Gilead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2010, 18:03   #2
BHPian

I visited the place alongwith Gilead on Sat last....till then, for me ICE was an HU and some speakers/twitters. Post seeing and experiencing Saravanan's Estilo, my only point of contention right now is should I invest 70K+ on a setup like that in my car where hardly 30 mins a day I spend on an average or go in for a major upgrade to my home theater system where I watch at least 2 DVDs per day..not to speak of STB/Music etc. Nevertheless, home theater upgrade or not, my Fiesta ICE surely is going for an overhaul, sooner than later.

The estilo config was mind blowing - couple of movie dvds like KILL BILL which was demoed, the surround sound effect was magnificient.
Old 11th August 2010, 18:51   #3
BHPian

i have done two installs with power zone.both were upgrades on an install already done by tecnokrat.both the cars were puntos.and i should say i wont think of anyone else other than saravana when it comes to ICE.mind blowing demo car, Estilo.It talks about his workmanship and knowledge
Old 11th August 2010, 19:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Post seeing and experiencing Saravanan's Estilo, my only point of contention right now is should I invest 70K+ on a setup like that in my car where hardly 30 mins a day I spend on an average...
You cannot get that Estilo type set up for 70K! The mono itself probably costs 70k. That is a competition set up so don't compare to that. But you will get a damn good set up for 70K. No issues with that.

Quote:
...or go in for a major upgrade to my home theater system where I watch at least 2 DVDs per day..not to speak of STB/Music etc. Nevertheless, home theater upgrade or not, my Fiesta ICE surely is going for an overhaul, sooner than later.
Makes sense to spend on the home theater in your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
i have done two installs with power zone.both were upgrades on an install already done by tecnokrat.both the cars were puntos.and i should say i wont think of anyone else other than saravana when it comes to ICE.mind blowing demo car, Estilo.It talks about his workmanship and knowledge
Ah, so it was your car that he was talking about. He mentioned you but did not know the handle. He said he has done a lot of 'Fiat Club' cars.
Old 11th August 2010, 19:14   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
You cannot get that Estilo type set up for 70K! The mono itself probably costs 70k. That is a competition set up so don't compare to that. But you will get a damn good set up for 70K. No issues with that.
I know..I know..that setup was close to some 2.5L as per him...I meant a setup consisting of only 2 front,2 rear, 1 amp & 1 sub alongwith a decent touchscreen HU.
Old 11th August 2010, 23:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know..I know..that setup was close to some 2.5L as per him...I meant a setup consisting of only 2 front,2 rear, 1 amp & 1 sub alongwith a decent touchscreen HU.
DVD HU with touchscreen: 25K
Rest: 45K

You can get a top class system in your car for 70K.
Old 4th September 2010, 15:36   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

1 week ago I called Saravana Prabhu (Powerzone) -

Myself: I want a very basic music system install for my dad’s spark. I already have the Pioneer 4259SD HU with me. So I only want the speakers. I’m no ICE/Audio freak. My requirement reference point is, the sound quality should be as good as my OE Fiesta. That’s all I want.

Saravana Prabhu: Sir, you have a good HU. Don’t worry about anything. Bring your car on Tuesday. You’ll return with full satisfaction.

Post install: Yes, he was right. I returned with full satisfaction.

What I like about Saravana Prabhu -Powerzone: I agree with all points Gilead has mentioned. In addition,
  • He listens to the customers. Doesn’t throw around his weight that he knows everything and we should just drop and pick up the car.
  • Was patient enough to explain things to an ICE Dummy like me.
  • Delivered what was promised.
  • Didn't over sell! I'm sick of cheap marketing tactics. What a relief when I don't see that!
I would highly recommend this place

And btw this is what was installed: Pioneer 4250SD HU| Front: MTX Road Thunder 4” 2 Way | Rear: MTX Road Thunder 6X9 3 Way.

Now I know the limitations of my Fiesta OE ICE. Saravanan mentioned that they have developed an in-house crossover thingy which can improve the SQ of the Fiesta OE. Gotta check it out soon.

P.S: Thanks to Gilead >> PR_007 for finding this place!
If you visit Powerzone, do check out the vintage bike in the loft and get a demo on Saravana Prabhu’s Estilo. Wicked!!

Last edited by kiku007 : 4th September 2010 at 15:39.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2010, 19:18   #8
BHPian

Now that was a very good comment Kishore.

I am really happy to see good things about a good place spreading soon on T-Bhp.

Saravana Prabhu, if you are reading this...You Rock MAN!!!!!
Old 4th September 2010, 23:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice to hear of your good experience, Kishore.
Btw, whats with his MTX obsession?
Is he an MTX distributor or something?
Old 5th September 2010, 00:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

He is not a distributor, but recommends mostly only MTX for budget installs. Max bang for the buck according to him. I guess you must have seen the Polo's quotation I got for Auto Shankar. Power Zone will also do the install even if you get everything from outside.

My damping should be here next week. I will be taking it to Power Zone for the install. Hopefully I should get the 1 DIN dash kit from Ford as well by then.
Old 5th September 2010, 01:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

The baleno guy that went to Powerzone after reading your install is a very senior member and apparently Powerzone gave him an active MTX subwoofer.
So, every install from Powerzone I hear about has MTX in it. Hence, the curiosity.
That said, Vijay, Powerzone recommending MTX has an obvious angle to it.
It's business, afterall.
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2010, 01:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

My install does not have any MTX in it and I do know of a couple of others like that as well. But yes, MTX is the probably first recommendation that comes out of there and like you said, its business. But how does it matter as long as the customer is happy.
Old 5th September 2010, 11:34   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
That said, Vijay, Powerzone recommending MTX has an obvious angle to it.
It's business, afterall.
MTX Speaker Boxes were prominantly displayed in a rack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
My install does not have any MTX in it and I do know of a couple of others like that as well. But yes, MTX is the probably first recommendation that comes out of there and like you said, its business. But how does it matter as long as the customer is happy.
Saravana Prabhu asked for my budget; he said he'll be able to arrive at the speaker selection based on it. So I gave my budget and he went on with the installation. Finally, I was happy. Didn't bother about anything else.

Gilead - Who suggested JL for you?
Old 5th September 2010, 13:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saravana Prabhu asked for my budget; he said he'll be able to arrive at the speaker selection based on it. So I gave my budget and he went on with the installation. Finally, I was happy. Didn't bother about anything else.
+1 to Kishore, as long as the customer is happy & gets what he was expecting from his ICE. Does it really matter?

I had a chat with Saravanan over phone couple of weeks back to decide on a purchase from US for my friend's car. He was very patient and gave all his time to give me feedback about the equipments that I had in mind.

As we were discussing, he mentioned about MTX & Kicker which are the best budget equipments in US. My purchase obviously doesn't matter to him since I was looking at equipments a bit over the normal budget. May be he is mighty impressed by the MTX & Kicker audio!
Old 5th September 2010, 13:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Well,

I am eager to check out this place. But just looking for some company.

Most Viewed