Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2010, 15:00   #16
BHPian

Hey Mi10, let me know when you are going there. I need to go there for some work of mine. So we both can give each other company. What say???
Old 5th September 2010, 15:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Gilead - Who suggested JL for you?
JL was first suggested by Pr_007. When I asked for the JLs, I was just given them without any pitch for MTX. Anyway, the XR that I have is out of stock. It was discontinued and replaced by the ZR and that costs 55K or something here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
+1 to Kishore, as long as the customer is happy & gets what he was expecting from his ICE. Does it really matter?
When is the Linea going for the install and what stuff is going inside the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
I am eager to check out this place. But just looking for some company.
I will most probably go to this place for damping on a week day. Thu or Fri morning most probably. You free on those days? Tough to get a Sat appointment there unless booked in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr_007 View Post
Hey Mi10, let me know when you are going there. I need to go there for some work of mine. So we both can give each other company. What say???
I'll give you a call. Are you free on week day mornings?

Last edited by Gilead : 5th September 2010 at 15:10.
Old 5th September 2010, 16:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

^^ For the Linea

1. 2 sets of Hertz ECX 165 already installed from Haute Car Zone. The installation was pathetic and third rate stuff. The installation needs to be fixed and tweaked.
2. Clarion VX400 HU
3. Kappa Four
4. Yet to make a decision on the sub.

Installation is planned on the 13th of September.
Old 6th September 2010, 00:53   #19
BHPian

Hi Anachronix, please let me know how much did the Clarion VX400 cost you and from where did you purchase the same??
Old 6th September 2010, 06:44   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup sure mate; read below pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I will most probably go to this place for damping on a week day. Thu or Fri morning most probably. You free on those days?
I'll give you a call. Are you free on week day mornings?
This Friday after 11:30 AM is perfect for me. Whats say guys ?
Old 6th September 2010, 09:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This Friday after 11:30 AM is perfect for me. Whats say guys ?
I think this Friday is a Ramzan holiday for me. Need to confirm. If it is, then let's do it that day. Assuming my damping is here by then.
Old 6th September 2010, 10:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ For the Linea

1. 2 sets of Hertz ECX 165 already installed from Haute Car Zone. The installation was pathetic and third rate stuff. The installation needs to be fixed and tweaked.
2. Clarion VX400 HU
3. Kappa Four
4. Yet to make a decision on the sub.

Installation is planned on the 13th of September.
Oh boy !

I have a pair of 5 month old ECX 165 lying in my house. I am sure Haute's prices wont be VFM !!!

You already got the Kappa 4 ? Was it brought here ?
Old 6th September 2010, 10:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

whats the update on the homebuilt crossover for the OE Fiesta system? Anyone installed it?
Old 6th September 2010, 14:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

madan, that crossover can be fit on any system and not just the Fiesta OE ICE. I don't think it will be too expensive, so you could probably try it out. Ask for a demo and buy it only if there is a perceptible difference. I think it would make a difference.
Old 6th September 2010, 18:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anachronix, please let me know how much did the Clarion VX400 cost you and from where did you purchase the same??
My friend has purchased the VZ400, not the VX400. Sorry!

Costed him around 350$.

Quote:
Oh boy !

I have a pair of 5 month old ECX 165 lying in my house. I am sure Haute's prices wont be VFM !!!

You already got the Kappa 4 ? Was it brought here ?
The ECX was bought by my friend last year. IIRC he paid around 9.5K per unit. He was clueless about ICE when he made his purchase.

The Kappa 4 was purchased in US. Costed around 260$!
Old 6th September 2010, 18:56   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
^^ For the Linea

Any idea on how good Haute Car Zone is with Stanley Leather Seat Covers? A friend of mine is in talks with them. Apparently Stanley Leather-Bangalore says that HCZ is the only place where we can get this done in Chennai.
Old 6th September 2010, 19:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ECX was bought by my friend last year. IIRC he paid around 9.5K per unit. He was clueless about ICE when he made his purchase.

The Kappa 4 was purchased in US. Costed around 260$!
An amp like the Kappa 4 deserves to drive a better pair of components. Ask your friend to upgrade to Kappa components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Any idea on how good Haute Car Zone is with Stanley Leather Seat Covers? A friend of mine is in talks with them. Apparently Stanley Leather-Bangalore says that HCZ is the only place where we can get this done in Chennai.
Well, it would be cheaper to drive down to Bangalore and get it done there itself. I am sure you must have read enough threads here to know that HCZ sucks big time when it comes to price and service. The only guy who has ever reported good service turned out to be the owner of that place! If going to Bangalore, take a look at Karlsson as well. In fact, Karlsson might be willing to send a guy by train to fit the seats if your friend is putting Nappa. Check with them.

Last edited by Gilead : 6th September 2010 at 19:13.
Old 6th September 2010, 19:17   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Well, it would be cheaper to drive down to Bangalore and get it done there itself. I am sure you must have read enough threads here to know that HCZ sucks big time when it comes to price and service. The only guy who has ever reported good service turned out to be the owner of that place! If going to Bangalore, take a look at Karlsson as well. In fact, Karlsson might be willing to send a guy by train to fit the seats if your friend is putting Nappa. Check with them.

Hhm another one bites the dust then Thanks for the update.
Old 6th September 2010, 20:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
An amp like the Kappa 4 deserves to drive a better pair of components. Ask your friend to upgrade to Kappa components.
He wants to audition the Hertz speakers working at its potential and make a decision.

Quote:
Well, it would be cheaper to drive down to Bangalore and get it done there itself.
So true man!
Old 6th September 2010, 22:31   #30
BHPian

Quote:
@Gilead, the Kappa components are 90 watts RMS @ 2 ohms, whereas the Kappa 4 gives at 125 watts RMS @ 4 ohms, so imagine the powere @ 2ohms.

We have to be very careful with the Power then.

Hey Anachronix, why don't you try JL XR 650 series components that Gilead has in his fiesta. They are really good.

Most Viewed