Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 21:46   #46
BHPian

Re: Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
^Hey Ramesh, which dealer did you pick it up from ?
you can try Chandru automobiles in GP Road. They are good and the owner haresh is a ICE freak and an automobile enthusiast.
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 21:43   #47
BHPian

I had a very bad experience going to Privilege Moto Mall and this almost ruined my brand new Xylo.

After seeing the reviews it had generated, i went to this place:

Day 1: Walked into the showroom at 3 PM, got Stanley Seat cover finalised for 26K and asked them to have sun glasses fitted. I wanted Steering cover, floor mat, Full cover, Metal door frame and top trolley. None of them were available and it was stated that because Xylo was rare they don't have any accessories. I was not too much bothered. After a long wait my vehicle was taken for fixing sun glass and left the place at 8PM, I was told that I had 2 years warranty for sun glasses. I was promised in 4 days that my Seat cover would be available along with Steering cover, floor mat, Full cover, Metal door frame.

Day 3: I receive a call at from Stanley seat cover that they misplaced my seat cover selection and they wanted me to confirm. They wanted me to personally drop in to showroom for selecting it again!!! And they promised me that it would be delivered on time as committed earlier.

Day 4: I went to the show room again and identified the color that I had selected earlier. None of the accessories that they promised were available even now. I was promised it would be delivered tomorrow.

Day 5: Received a call saying that they will not be able to make it. Gave lots of reason for not getting it.

Day 8: Received a call saying that my seat covers are available and I can leave my car in the morning and they would send it back in the evening.

Day 9: left the vehicle in the morning. Till now none of the other accessories that they promised were available.
I received a call saying that some piece went missing for the seats and I can pick up my vehicle next evening only and till the time it needs to be in the showroom. Reason given: They were half way in the seat fixing!!!!!!!!

Day 10: I sent my brother to pick-up my vehicle from the show room as it was too late. Even now they did not have any accessories that they promised. They asked me 6K for floor mates which is way too high! So I asked them not to put floor mats.

Day 12: Checked my Xylo, The cusion size has reduced than it was after showroom and became harder. The arm rest was not fitted properly and it will not stand straight any more.
Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-img00007201105161738.jpg
Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-img00008201105161738.jpg
Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-img00009201105161739.jpg
The drive seat was mis-fitted and the lower seat is pointing to the sky.
Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-img00006201105161737.jpg
The second row arm tray doesn’t stay straight and cup holder is not fixed properly
Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-img00010201105161740.jpg
I had asked for pocket in each row, nothing was made in the seat cover and it is causing inconvenience. Also, the second row seat are binded with steel rings which are exposed out side
Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-img00013201105161740.jpg
Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-img00012201105161740.jpg

A huge hole in the seat for seat belt!!!
Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-img00016201105161743.jpg

Day 13: Call up showroom and list all the issue they said they would send someone home to fix it.

Day 14: Receive a call from showroom that they will not be able to send any one home and I had to drop in my car.

Day 17: Received a call from the show room to know the customer experience, I promptly list all the issues and the phone call gets disconnected halfway.

Day 20: The sun glass had come off !!!!

Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-img00014201105161741.jpg
The job done was very pathetic.
While going through all this I was calm and at no point in time I lost my temper. But they didn’t even move their finger to help me out after screwing-up my car.

It took almost 10 Days to get the seat fixed, 2 completely at Showroom and 4 visits.

I would recommend members to avoid this place at any cost and I know that there are lots of shops providing better service and product at much less cost and with high quality.

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ANY COST!!!

Last edited by mail4loys : 16th May 2011 at 21:45.
mail4loys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 21:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

Website looks nice and explains the process. How much do these guys charge for interior cleaning?
Old 17th May 2011, 00:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
I had a very bad experience going to Privilege Moto Mall and this almost ruined my brand new Xylo.

After seeing the reviews it had generated, i went to this place:

I would recommend members to avoid this place at any cost and I know that there are lots of shops providing better service and product at much less cost and with high quality.

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ANY COST!!!
Yes sir. I also think the same. I had done the seat covers for my Punto from them. Now, the passenger side seat cover is being misplaced and I noticed that it was not fitted properly. It was done in Feb'2011.

I previously owned Getz and the seat covers were done by the showroom guys itself (HMP, Chennai). It never gave me up even after 3.5 years of ownership.
Old 22nd May 2011, 18:23   #50
BANNED

IMHO this place is good for car detailing ,but not fixing seats and films or accessories.

Hope the showrooms owner is going thru all these threads
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:09   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post

Hope the showrooms owner is going thru all these threads
Yes, He had gone through this post.

Mr. Pawan has read this post and was trying to reach me from last week, I was under medical attention so was not able to speak to him. He spoke to me today and said that some of t-bhpains had enquired about my ordeal (Thanks guys!!! ). He promised me that the problems i had listed would be sorted-out and had asked me to bring my vehicle tomorrow to the showroom. He is sending a person to pick my car.
mail4loys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 01:02   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mr. Pawan has read this post and was trying to reach me from last week, I was under medical attention so was not able to speak to him. He spoke to me today and said that some of t-bhpains had enquired about my ordeal (Thanks guys!!! ). He promised me that the problems i had listed would be sorted-out and had asked me to bring my vehicle tomorrow to the showroom. He is sending a person to pick my car.
Hit the Thanks instead of Quote - no harm done

Hope you are fine - a week, you said!

I was one of those who checked in with Pawan, and rather than me repeating what we spoke, let him talk to you
ph03n!x is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 12:53   #53
BHPian

Great news Mail4loys. Even I had a very long conversation with Pavan on this. He patiently explained what happened to me and how sorry he was for the mix-up. I told him, in every business things do go wrong sometimes, but it about how one responds to it which makes the difference. He said he is going to fix this completely.

Do post a detailed review once the problem is fixed and again your experience. I have strongly asked Pavan to join the forum and announce himself. Like GTO said I was so happy to see a organized and genuine shop in Chennai after long time.

I dont mind paying 5-10% extra for the peace of mind and the treatment we get. But thats where the price should be nothing above it and Pavan was in agreement to it.

looking forward to your update
madbullram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 10:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

mail4loys, Where these above issues addressed ? Let everyone know an update please. Is the leather seat and Window Film fixed now ?
Old 1st June 2011, 11:32   #55
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks friend, i was about to go this place for my new scorpio upgradations.Cant take a chance with these kind of people. rerouted the program to Koyas coimbatore.
Old 1st June 2011, 16:38   #56
BHPian

Rajith: Have been going to Motomall for 1 yr now. This was a one off incident. Though it should have been avoided, i do believe that in every business sometimes things do go wrong. Whats important how they rectify/resolve the issue. I think they have done well to fix this. In fact they have got new Stanley seat covers instead of fixing it. You can def trust them.

Plus being in Team-Bhp they know we will be watching them

While I was getting my Civic done, saw this 5 year old Civic being repainted in black (was silver before). The finish was fabulous to say the least. Clicked some pics

Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-100_5308.jpg

Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-100_5309.jpg

Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-100_5310.jpg

Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-100_5311.jpg

Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-100_5312.jpg

Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-100_5313.jpg

Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)-100_5315.jpg

Last edited by madbullram : 1st June 2011 at 16:43.
Old 25th June 2011, 21:47   #57
Senior - BHPian

I have been searching all Shell pumps for Helix HX5 oil for my car's first paid service which is due next week. No success so far, they have only Helix Ultra. But called up Previlege Moto Mall this evening and they do have it. Price seems to be the same as Shell pumps. I intend to pick it up tomorrow.

I hope there won't be any issues with the genuineness of the product here? I don't mind paying the MRP.
Old 26th June 2011, 10:13   #58
BHPian

Knowing Pavan, I am sure he wont have fake stuff.
madbullram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 23:27   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Hit the Thanks instead of Quote - no harm done
Sure, just did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Do post a detailed review once the problem is fixed and again your experience.
i was in Chennai on and off so was not able to update you all on the progress. And now the update:

Mr. Pawan was trying to reach me on my mobile for a week after my earlier post. I had to keep traveling so was not able to respond to his call and finally after i returned to Chennai i spoke to him. He was apologetic for the mess-up and promised that he will fix the issues.

We fixed up a date as he requested to send my vehicle for him to inspect. He also arranged for a driver to pick up. The driver came to my house by 8:00am for pick-up as promised. I showed him the list of issues and he was also surprised and said that he'll show that to Pawan and others.

I received a call from Pawan saying that he had received my Car and had seen the issue and requested me to drop in to the show room in the evening. I left my office early and went to the show room at around 6pm. I met Pawan and another gentleman (from Stanly leather Seats). They were very apologetic and explained me what happened and the reason for the mess-up. By this time they had fixed the issue on mis-fitment and sunfilm. They have also done a free cleaning of the car and promptly showed me the thing that were fixed. For the middle row they had used steel ring to switch the seat (pic in my earlier post), now they had removed it and glued it. Due to that the holes were visible . I showed them the holes and promised me to fix it free-off cost in the next visit.

A week later when the seat cover for the middle seat arrived they informed me and i sent the car again to the show room and it was changed. I visited the showroom in the evening and picked up the car. The only that i missed in the entire episode was a pouch in the rear side of the 2nd row seat which was promised earlier.

All-in-all Mr.Pawan made sure all the issues were resolved and was there calling me and updating me at every step in the whole process. I sincerely appreciate all his effort. I'm happy that all the issue has been taken care off.

While we had a happy ending, I still feel that it should have not happened in the first place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Is the leather seat and Window Film fixed now ?
Yes, both were fixed without any cost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
I dont mind paying 5-10% extra for the peace of mind and the treatment we get.
Well that was the only reason for me to drop in to this place. The first impression with this place left me with a bad taste. While they had taken every effort to get things sorted out, it had left me with a mixed feeling.

After all these incident will i recommend this place ? Yes definitely, as i can see and appreciate their effort to own-up their mistake and fix it!
mail4loys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 09:02   #60
BHPian

I met Pawan yesterday when i went to purchase the 3D kagu mats for my car. Very well-spoken & polite person - and he knows his cars. I indicated an interest in a Caska HU but I was clear that I wouldnt be buying it anytime soon. Pawan said he would send his civic over as it had a Caska installed.

Also, the service personnel were extremely polite and did their work well.

I will be frequently motomall a lot in the future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks