Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2011, 09:45   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Accessories : Privilege Moto Mall (Chennai)

I went there a week ago to buy Shell Helx HX5 for my car. Picked up a 3 litre can, paid and then opened it in their presence. The outer seal was found broken. Requested a replacement but it was the only can they had. So they graciously refunded the money. I will have no hesitation to go back to them again.

The very next day the sales officer of Shell Lubes called me and apologized. He reiterated they are his regular clients and will always stock the genuine article.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:50   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
Yes, He had gone through this post.

Mr. Pawan has read this post and was trying to reach me from last week, I was under medical attention so was not able to speak to him. He spoke to me today and said that some of t-bhpains had enquired about my ordeal (Thanks guys!!! ). He promised me that the problems i had listed would be sorted-out and had asked me to bring my vehicle tomorrow to the showroom. He is sending a person to pick my car.
Well, i am going through this now.
i got the seat covers ordered for my scorpio. There was a mess-up. Initially they said the colors selected by me was not available and i had to go there again to select the color. After this, they kept delaying the seat cover arrival and when it arrived, the handle colors requested by me did not match what i wanted. Now again he handles are not fitted and the cover is yet to come.
What i do not understand about these guys is
WHY DONT THEY MANAGE THINGS PROFESSIONALLY?
People go to these places knowing the cost will be a little more than what the G.P road guys charge for peace of mind.
The whole point is lost when these mess-ups happen. Untrained staff is one of the main culprits.
Old 13th July 2011, 21:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose
Well, i am going through this now.
i got the seat covers ordered for my scorpio. There was a mess-up. Initially they said the colors selected by me was not available and i had to go there again to select the color. After this, they kept delaying the seat cover arrival and when it arrived, the handle colors requested by me did not match what i wanted. Now again he handles are not fitted and the cover is yet to come.
What i do not understand about these guys is
WHY DONT THEY MANAGE THINGS PROFESSIONALLY?
People go to these places knowing the cost will be a little more than what the G.P road guys charge for peace of mind.
The whole point is lost when these mess-ups happen. Untrained staff is one of the main culprits.
Surprised to see this repeating again. Did you speak with Mr. Pawan?

They seriously need to streamline this and as they use a vendor for seat covers they cannot point them and escape from this.
Old 14th July 2011, 14:20   #64
BHPian

just met with pavan. he is responsible enough to offer me a replacement for them. I beleive the seat cover manufacturer was a minnow. Very unprofessional installation. Seems the motomall guys have been ditched by their own employee as he resigned. Such things happen in india.
Anyway i was happy to see mr.pavan understanding the whole problem and taking corrective steps now
CHEERS
Moose
Old 20th July 2011, 17:55   #65
BHPian

Is it worth going for the 3,4,5 etc step waxing or is the normal machine polish good enough?
I have to park my civic in a dusty area and the black color is rapidly fading and the dust is very apparent.
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:49   #66
BHPian

Hajaar: I would suggest a 3 step and if its really bad then a 4 steep. Take it to Car Spa and check wiht them
Old 23rd July 2011, 09:29   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Hajaar: I would suggest a 3 step and if its really bad then a 4 steep. Take it to Car Spa and check wiht them
Thanks. I am planning to go there today. Will post updates on the entire process if it happens today.
Old 14th September 2011, 16:39   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I went there a week ago to buy Shell Helx HX5 for my car. Picked up a 3 litre can, paid and then opened it in their presence. The outer seal was found broken. Requested a replacement but it was the only can they had. So they graciously refunded the money. I will have no hesitation to go back to them again.

The very next day the sales officer of Shell Lubes called me and apologized. He reiterated they are his regular clients and will always stock the genuine article.
I noticed in the pictures kindly posted by Bharath that they do have some Mobil products.

Gansan/Bharath/Chennaites, have you or anyone you know bought Mobil 1 engine oils from the MotoMall guys? Do they stock it regularly?

I'm looking for API CD specification (10W30) for my Endeavour to stock.
Old 14th September 2011, 16:50   #69
Senior - BHPian

^^They do stock Mobil oils as well.
Old 9th November 2011, 13:54   #70
BHPian

I had been there last week. There seems to be relatively lesser number of products to choose from. While the pictures show an really assorted collection there seem to be limited options in certain category - sat nav units for example.

While I was there i picked up wiper for my wind shield and upgraded my bulb to 100/90. My rating on the workmanship would be 6.5/10. While the installer did the job quickly he did not connect my indicator lamps back in the socket. I did not realize it until late in the evening (around 8pm) when I was in the highway and my friends who were in another car ahead of me noticed it. So we stopped midway in the highway and ended up connecting the indicator bulbs back in its socket in the dark. Though I should have been careful enough to check it right after installation, I definitely expected better job from them [Maybe am nitpicking but I paid the amount they quoted without even making an attempt to haggle; 1500/- for a pair of 100/90 W Hella's + relay kit and I expect a job well done]. Am in dual minds on weather I would go back there.

But I do have to credit the shop floor guys. They were very attentive and answered all my questions patiently. I cant say the same about the folks in workman area - the ones who do the job - they seemed pretty callous.

Last edited by SR-71 : 9th November 2011 at 13:58.
Old 25th November 2011, 19:01   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Further to my search for Osram NB+ H4, I went to GP road today and got a pair of NB+ H4 for Rs. 850.

I still couldn't understand how come they quoted Rs. 1800 for a pair for NB itself and not NB+.
Damn! I wish I had checked this thread earlier. I picked up Osram NB from Motomall today for 1.8k! I feel really stupid now!
Old 21st March 2012, 12:01   #72
BHPian

Thought of sharing my recent experience as I was very happy in the end.

I had posted in the Auto-lighting and off-road lighting threads about my woes with the HID that I earlier put on (by a GP road dealer, not Motomall).

I went to Motomall with the intention of revamping my entire lighting setup and making nightlife on the highways better

I requested for the following jobs:

- Remove HID kits that was already on the car
- 100/90w H4 for the headlights
- 55w H1 for the fogs
- A pair of auxiliary lights: went for the Rallye 3003
- 100w main bulbs on the Rallye 3003
- 5w parking bulbs on the Rallye 3003
- 68% CR-70 windshield film by 3M

Pros:
- Attended to very well by Mr. Subramaniam (Works Manager). He was a pleasure to chat with since he was very technical and precise. Didn't appear to take customer for granted and patiently explained the various options available. Took the time to understand usage patterns and my comments. While my work was being carried out, I also heard him give another customer (possibly a layman) the best I've heard kind of explanation of differences between HID and Halogen and what the customer should opt for, and what's recommended and what's not. He also told me that I'm overdoing my setup

- Clean work environment and the electrician was a patient, cheerful guy with the know-how.

- Attention to details. E.g., I told Mr. Subramaniam that though I drive very frequently on the highways, the vibrations levels can be compared to off-roading use so I need a very strong bracket for the auxiliary lights. He thought about this and arranged to fabricate this in such a way that the individual clamps welded to the chassis are further welded to each other by a third member thus strengthening the whole assembly.

- Constantly provided me with updates without having to ask

Cons:
- I thought the price was slightly on the higher side. But I was prepared to compromise. To me, my vehicle being worked upon in a clean environment by dedicated staff seemed more important than being done in the middle of the road by non-caring staff.

I had emailed Pavan the previous day that I was about to make a costly visit to their garage and that I needed utmost care. Due to business he was late in getting to my mails, but by then half of the work was taken care of. He then arrived and assured me of best services.

I will go there again as long as I get this kind of service and will recommend too.
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:57   #73
BHPian

Had been to this place last weekend to get sunfilm control installed on my new JAZZ.
Well the 3M RE50 series for the whole car excluding front-windshield costed me 6900. Was this a bit costly? they have categorized CRV and Jazz on the same price. While Jazz has a bit large glass area, not sure
The job was professional done and dont have any new rattle development.

Will comment on the job outcome after 2~3 days allowing full drying and for bubble formation check.
Additionlly, the sunfilm RE70 is going to cost another 6000 ood for windshield alone. Havent done it yet, since didnt have time on Saturday. Also wanted to check with other jazz owners on teh sunfilm since i feel the windshield angle already creates a lot of dashboard, and if this compounds the problem.

Last edited by vigneshA : 23rd April 2012 at 15:04.
Old 20th April 2013, 12:23   #74
BHPian

Cross posting from the thread : Car Detailing- Privilege Carz Spa as the posting was in the wrong thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Went to privilege motomall for sun films for my new beast - XUV.

As usual, was welcomed by Rajesh with the usual smile.

Sat with Subramanian (subbu) and explained to him my requirements - transparent film all around, budget not more than Rs. 20,000. He laid out all available options under 3M and VKool, never pushed me beyond my budget but explained all series under these 2 brands like a professional.

Finally chose 3M CR70 (VLT - 70, TSER - 56) for the front windshield and VKool A60 ( VLT - 60, TSER - 45) for the sides and back. Surprised that A60 is lighter in shade than the CR70.

The installation was excellent, took almost 2.5 hours but the work was 10/10. They took pains to clean the interiors, vaccumed it and handed over the car to me spic and span.

My overall rating - 10/10

Note : look out for Subbu if you are in Motomall. He took care of the car like his own.

Last edited by bnzjon : 20th April 2013 at 12:27.
bnzjon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:41   #75
BHPian

Visited MotoMall on Saturday. I guess the guys over there were busy with other customers and they had kindly asked us to wait. We were waiting for around 15 mins at the front desk since we were told that there was no one upstairs. After 15 mins and two times moved our car because of the parking, we finally went up inquiring for the seat covers and few other upgrades for a brand new verna. They had shown me few catalogs and asked me to wait till they get a new quote. We were waiting again for like 10-15 mins and no one turned up. Not sure who we were speaking to, but when another customer came in, they ditched us and went to them. Though I was like a kid in a candy store to see all the accessories but my wife was little down on their hospitality and pressurized to leave place. I had to since I was not getting proper response on what I wanted, probably I would try one more visit and hope things are better. I am planing to go there alone this time and spend some time with a bit more patience

Last edited by razorBlades : 22nd April 2013 at 12:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks