Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 17:04   #1
BHPian

Mahindra Genio DC (Double Cab) Launched

Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd rolled out its premium double-cabin pickup vehicle Genio DC that can carry cargo as well as passengers

-I thought this pristine beauty is not covered here yet..Mods please merge if a similar thred exists.

Note: We insist that you always upload images in JPEG format only. This way the images get displayed as thumbnails in the post.

Name:  Genio1.jpg
Views: 11864
Size:  57.3 KB

Mahindra Genio DC (Double Cab) Launched-genio2.jpg

Mahindra Genio DC (Double Cab) Launched-genio3.jpg

Mahindra Genio DC (Double Cab) Launched-genio4.jpg

Note: We insist that you always upload images in JPEG format only. This way the images get displayed as thumbnails in the post.

Last edited by Stratos : 8th July 2011 at 09:09.
Old 10th July 2011, 15:25   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mahindra Genio DC (Double Cab) Launched

Finally it has come and happy about the double cab Genio.
Hope this is the beginning of the maturation of the pick-up market in India, unlike the horrendously high priced Xenon and Getaway, however good or lifestyle they maybe.
Wish Tata comes up with a rival and replace the 207Di.
Or maybe wait for the next gen Xenon on the X2 platform to come and then place the present Xenon to replace he 207Di???
Anymore details on the Genio DC? Cause there seems to be no website for it?
Old 10th July 2011, 23:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

for a second there i was confused, with the thread's title there, i was beginning to think if Dilip Chabria (DC) version of the truck was here, or M&M colloborated with DC to get this one out as a life style vehicle.

mods please edit the thread title, its a little confusing.

i like the way this one looks, hope this one has a A/C unlike the previous genio.
Old 10th July 2011, 23:17   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
i like the way this one looks, hope this one has a A/C unlike the previous genio.
Going by the press report, it not only has A/C, but also power steering/windows,central lock and follow me lights and all. And correctly priced too.
Old 10th July 2011, 23:28   #5
BHPian

It is easy to ignore the hideous vehicle but "Businessmen Deserve Business Class"?!
Old 10th July 2011, 23:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

I initially thought that the vehicle will look good going by pics. But that was till I saw it in person. The vehicle looks horrible.
They have botched up the front grille area big time. It looks very flimsy.

But with the given equipment levels in this who knows it might just do the trick.
Old 11th July 2011, 11:43   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
It is easy to ignore the hideous vehicle but "Businessmen Deserve Business Class"?!
Not the suited one's with C+/D segment cars, but the one's who have a shop or wholesale business or any business of that calibre.
Businessmen compasses a whole range of jobs from a petty shop to a business empire.
Old 11th July 2011, 22:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

In this era of rising fuel prices people are looking at "additional income streams" this fits the bill perfectly. Executive in rear seat taking 20 bags of cement or whatever you fancy from point A to B
Old 12th July 2011, 08:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Finally it has come and happy about the double cab Genio.
Hope this is the beginning of the maturation of the pick-up market in India, unlike the horrendously high priced Xenon and Getaway, however good or lifestyle they maybe.
Wish Tata comes up with a rival and replace the 207Di.
Or maybe wait for the next gen Xenon on the X2 platform to come and then place the present Xenon to replace he 207Di???
Anymore details on the Genio DC? Cause there seems to be no website for it?
You have got this a bit wrong. The Genio is not in competition with the Xenon and the Getaway. The Genio is more a high end commercial pick up. Its aimed at a small business owner, largely driving within the city or short highway trips. And more specifically, for a business owner who may himself be driving the vehicle or cares about the comfort of whoever will drive it.

Here the tag business men refers to the class of small business men, not the people who actually travel business class on an airline.

Its sort of a comfortable more powerful version of the Bolero Camper, Bolero Maxi Truck and Bolero Pick-up.
Old 12th July 2011, 14:46   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
You have got this a bit wrong. The Genio is not in competition with the Xenon and the Getaway. The Genio is more a high end commercial pick up. Its aimed at a small business owner, largely driving within the city or short highway trips. And more specifically, for a business owner who may himself be driving the vehicle or cares about the comfort of whoever will drive it.
Well, think you got that one from the Genio DC FAQ section. The thing am trying to explain is the Xenon is an absolute workhorse in the international markets, but when it came to India(though the high end version) , it was priced just way above the actual mark.
The Genio DC though with a commercial corrugated loading bay,still can be use as both a private and business vehicle,which is what pick ups are about on the first place. Also i was saying about any intended successor that Tata has for the 207di?
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Here the tag business men refers to the class of small business men, not the people who actually travel business class on an airline.
Its sort of a comfortable more powerful version of the Bolero Camper, Bolero Maxi Truck and Bolero Pick-up.
Already told the above to @sushanthr77, some people just think businessmen are the suited type.
Old 12th July 2011, 16:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Looks like we finally have a worthy competitor in the DC space. This space is a virtual dark spot in our market since either the products have been over priced (Xenons Getaways) and missed the mark completely or they have been really very crude build (207s DC).

This should ring in decent volumes for M & M. BTW their line up of CVs now cover the entire gamut starting from the Gio thru Navistar. Some pockets such as these are being plugged thick and fast.

Next how about a Venture type of people carrier M & M ?

Anyway you have the Maxximo platform. How long will it take to stamp out a minivan!!! Any thoughts all??
Old 13th July 2011, 10:11   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Anyway you have the Maxximo platform. How long will it take to stamp out a minivan!!! Any thoughts all??
Mahindra have already launched the Maxximo Minivan.
Refer the official website here: Mahindra Maxximo | Powered by 1st 2 cylinder C2 CRDe engine

There is a thread based on it: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...-3-2-lacs.html
Old 13th July 2011, 13:15   #13
Senior - BHPian

Yes that is correct they have launched a passenger version in the minivan format. What I was referring to is something like a Tata Venture.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-review-4.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
Mahindra have already launched the Maxximo Minivan.
Refer the official website here: Mahindra Maxximo | Powered by 1st 2 cylinder C2 CRDe engine

There is a thread based on it: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...-3-2-lacs.html
Old 14th July 2011, 09:42   #14
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Genio DC (Double Cab) Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Yes that is correct they have launched a passenger version in the minivan format. What I was referring to is something like a Tata Venture.

Knowing what is there in the Mahindra pipeline, your request will soon be answered. Just a little patience my friend.
Old 14th July 2011, 12:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Genio DC (Double Cab) Launched

Sure the reason why I am very excited about this offering (a competitor to Tata Venture) is that we will have some much needed alternatives to the M-Omni which is still selling because it is the only one of its kind (till Venture) and these new offerings will have the biggest USP - Diesel motors.

One thing to note is that such vehicles need to be refined people carriers and not crude variants of the goods version (read soft top versions like Maxximo and Magic minivans), and kitted with some decent specs ( A/c, PS, PW) . The venture has drum brakes which is absolutely shocking and sheer neglect to safety.

Coming back to Genio, will the other versions of the goods carriers in M & M be stopped such as the Bolero and Maxx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post

Knowing what is there in the Mahindra pipeline, your request will soon be answered. Just a little patience my friend.

Most Viewed