Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2006, 18:58   #16
BHPian

Specially on nights...With all the 6-8 Headlights on...They just blind the on coming Traffic...
Old 15th February 2006, 19:15   #17
BHPian

Volvo buses drive pretty rash even in Andhra Pradesh and i'm sure there are no speedlimiters because i was doing 120(speedo)on the innova and the volvo overtook me pretty easily
Old 16th February 2006, 02:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the volvo buses do have speedlimiter at 110 km/hr (speedo).. Not too sure though .. Because a driver who drives the chennai-bangalore bus told me this ..
It redlines at the highest gear.
Trust me, i've travelled Chennai to Mumbai once in a volvo.
Idles at 500rpm and redlines at 1500 with 2000 rpm being the max reading on the tacho.
Old 3rd April 2006, 15:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
It redlines at the highest gear.
Trust me, i've travelled Chennai to Mumbai once in a volvo.
Idles at 500rpm and redlines at 1500 with 2000 rpm being the max reading on the tacho.

the b7r in india has a true top speed of 104 kph and the max reading on teh tacho is 3k rpm
Old 3rd April 2006, 17:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
the b7r in india has a true top speed of 104 kph and the max reading on teh tacho is 3k rpm
i think u have a certain typo there. it should read 140kmph
i have tasted defeat at the hands of Konduskar Volvo on the stretch from Karad to Satara. This orange Volvo appears out of nowhere on my rear view and gets bigger and phisssssssssh with the tail grunt grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr passes me at over 130kmph for sure as i was doing a genuine 110 on my RE. I pushed my bike to its max speed of 118 and could only catch up with the Volvo at Shirwal thats where the traffic made the Volvo go slower.

So 104 is just out of place. The Volvo Tractor Trucks here in Gulf do 130 on the highway.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 3rd April 2006 at 17:48.
Old 4th April 2006, 10:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
i think u have a certain typo there. it should read 140kmph
i have tasted defeat at the hands of Konduskar Volvo on the stretch from Karad to Satara. This orange Volvo appears out of nowhere on my rear view and gets bigger and phisssssssssh with the tail grunt grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr passes me at over 130kmph for sure as i was doing a genuine 110 on my RE. I pushed my bike to its max speed of 118 and could only catch up with the Volvo at Shirwal thats where the traffic made the Volvo go slower.

So 104 is just out of place. The Volvo Tractor Trucks here in Gulf do 130 on the highway.

hehehheheheh...pssssshhhhh ....grrrrrrrrrrrr...hahhahahahhaa...that bus must be on NOS .....the speedometer on the indian B7R has 120kph as the max reading ...

http://www.volvo.com/bus/india/en-in...tionsEuro2.htm

Quote:

Engine: Rear-mounted, 6-cylinder,7-litre diesel
Output: D7B260 191 kW (260 hp) @ 2200 rpm
Power Torque 1100 nm @ 1300 rpm
Emissions class: Euro 2
Gearbox: 6-speed manual, fully synchronised
Retarder: Hydraulic retarder, RET120
Suspension: Full Air
Braking system: Disc brakes
Tyres Tubeless (295/80 R 22.5")
Gross weight: Max. gross weight 16 200 kg
Rear axle: Rear axle with ratio (4:11:1)
Steering angle: 50 degrees
Battery Capacity 140 Ah
Max. speed, kmph 103
Old 4th April 2006, 13:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:

Engine: Rear-mounted, 6-cylinder,7-litre diesel
Output: D7B260 191 kW (260 hp) @ 2200 rpm
Power Torque 1100 nm @ 1300 rpm
Emissions class: Euro 2
Gearbox: 6-speed manual, fully synchronised
Retarder: Hydraulic retarder, RET120
Suspension: Full Air
Braking system: Disc brakes
Tyres Tubeless (295/80 R 22.5")
Gross weight: Max. gross weight 16 200 kg
Rear axle: Rear axle with ratio (4:11:1)
Steering angle: 50 degrees
Battery Capacity 140 Ah
Max. speed, kmph 103

i have seen volvo going to 110+ when going from Bangalore-Hyderabad...

have you ever sat on AP Volvo...
they drive like auto walla on highways...
Old 4th April 2006, 14:15   #23
BHPian

[quote=speedsatya]hehehheheheh...pssssshhhhh ....grrrrrrrrrrrr...hahhahahahhaa...that bus must be on NOS .....the speedometer on the indian B7R has 120kph as the max reading ...

http://www.volvo.com/bus/india/en-in/buses/VolvoB7R/specificationsEuro2.htm[/quote]

HI SATYA
i am not challenging the authenticity of the specs u have written but the Volvo certainly goes above 120kmph. if u dont mind can u have a casual check with some Volvo driver - no offence but its only considering my location right now.
Old 4th April 2006, 15:02   #24
BHPian

You know its incidents like these that have stopped me a gazillion times when ive wanted to take a bus down to goa , just for the experience of it all .
i always end up driving cause i dont trust no one at the wheel besides me. (or my dad) hehhehe.
from the looks of it , its going to be a loooooong time before i muster up the courage to take the bus.
Old 4th April 2006, 18:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

I have travelled in Volvos on Hyd-Blr and Blr-Cok routes regularly.... I ALWAYS opt for seat # 2 which is the first row on the left (daddy-long-legs ) Dont know what the official literature says but I have on more than one occassion seen the seedo maxing out - that is pegged @ 120kmph !!... no idea if the actual speed was more than that - but yes - I have seen it redline in the top gear!
Old 4th April 2006, 18:45   #26
BHPian

I have seen Volvo's doing a 100+ easy on NH17. Infact on my trip back from Goa, i had a tough time overtaking a Volvo.. he was going above 100 and it took me a long while to get past!

I feel busses must be fitted with a speed limiter and ya.. strictly only one pair of headlights!
Old 4th April 2006, 20:07   #27
BHPian

Even i think the Volvo can go past 120kmph coz i frequently travel on Volvo buses, may be next time i travel, i will ask the driver myself !!
Old 4th April 2006, 20:22   #28
BANNED

I've heard the VOLVO guys give special training to drivers who wants to drive a Volvo B7R. Then some of these drivers just give training to other filthy ones who can all come upto a competition that who can be the no.1 in reducing the population of our country. I think these drivers should be placed in prisons if found to be driving in a licensed to kill way. As the rule of thumb, driving fast wont just kill people But, Careless, rude and rash driving can!

I myself has escaped from these VOLVO morons many a times. They just push you out of the road when overtaking opposite you. And they dont even care whether you're reduced to ashes or bones.

Once I saw a live accident with a volvo involved. The driver of the VOLVO was drunk,smiling like a maniac. he jumped and waved another bus straight after the accident, the other bus stopped for him, picked him and sped away without even worrying about the car which was under the Volvo.

These crazy maniacs should be allowed to be driven or not?
Old 23rd May 2006, 15:30   #29
BHPian

I used to take the Volvo several times from BLR to COK. But after a few trips sitting behind the driver " Shama Volvo", i decided that I wanted to live a little longer. The way this guy drives will make u kak in ur pants.
Late into the night, this guy is just ripping through towns like coimbatore. He also swerves wildly to an extent where u end up on ur co passengers lap...
In one instance, near hosur a lorry suddenlly cut into this guys path and he spplied the brakes so hard , that a lady from the rear seat flew like supergirl and landed next to his gearshift sans her blouse......( that btw was caught on one of the armrest on her way to the front)
I decided to wear a vest from then on and then try Shama.....
Old 24th May 2006, 18:42   #30
BHPian

Alas, a true good bus has been reduced to Killer on wheels by some mad presons behind the wheels.

This drivers need to be canned in public.

BTW Volvos are the best and safest on indian roads. If only they were being driven by sane drivers.

Looks likes they just jumped from a tata heavy delux bus to the driver seat of the volvo.

Can these coaches be engineered that in case of accident the driver cabin only deforms keeping the passengers safe and inflicting maximus damage to the driver??? Maybe the fear of dying even in case of minor accidents will make the maniacs drive more humanly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks